Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
goddamn Motherfuckin leaf blowers and mowers at 630 am weekdays 8 am weekends I will personally destroy lawns my yards are meadowed and people hate it but gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WampaLord posted:

Do not, my friends, become addicted to lawn.

imagine having this much land and NOT doing something cool with it, in fact doing the most not cool thing you possibly can

I could feed my entire family with a cool 4 acres and some hoophouses

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

for 4 acres of food production you'll probably need another 3-15 people to help work it, depending on what you're growing

my entire

family

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
gently caress lawns

my backyard looks like this after 2 years of not giving a gently caress

summer one was dominated by a crazy insane-o crop of jimsonweed, a zillion lil white trumpets and then crazy spikepods

summer two was hosed up by having to re-drill a well and poison half of it, got some tall grasses out back, went to town with some local wildflower seed blends

this year we've got at least 10 different wildflowers, a healthy mix of sedges, etc etc it owns.

we also have fireflies, thousands of them. beetles, craneflies, thin waisted wasps, wolf spiders, four or five species of jumping spiders, crickets, katydids, robberflies, dobsonflies, ten types of ants, european hornets, carpenter and bumblebees, a gorillion different skippers/moths/butterflies

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
my meadow has several milkweed plants and we got da early monarchs coming through this week, at least five or six that I’ve seen

just lmoa if you are legally enjoined against doing whatever the gently caress you want with the biosphere of property that you own. pathetic. think harder. plant a low ground cover if you have height regulations

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
it wouldn't be a weekend without the restful drone of a chorus of small two stroke engines moving dust and formerly sequestered carbon from one place to a slightly different place

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
that reminds me

nothing lives on a lawn because there is little food and no places to shelter there

if you're lucky there's a decent ecosystem below the pathetic monoculture of inferior single blades, but you won't see or enjoy it

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

it's 745am on saturday and im going to mow my lawn before the temperature rises above 80

they have played us for absolute fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WampaLord posted:

don't forget the leafblower, make sure to wake every neighbor up!

oh dang does fat lip sum 41 live on my block because this happened