Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Got this cattle dog and he is real smart, but he is also a dog, so he is kinda dumb.

I was trying to teach him how to crawl, but he got it crosswired in his head with bang/play dead, so now his front half lays on the floor sideways with his rear end in the air and propels himself like some kind of hosed up dog torpedo.

What tricks do your dogs know that they're too stupid to figure out properly?

What are some weird tricks I should teach this dummy? My favorite so far is making him jump on command straight into the air.

deadeyez fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It’s not a failure of the dog, but of the trainer

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Brother Tadger posted:

It’s not a failure of the dog, but of the trainer

Well I post on Somethingawful, so you already know I'm dumb as hell

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I taught my dog to get on the ottoman when I point and say circus dog

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Teach your dog to start non profit organizations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

your dog looks ashamed, your carpet is amazing, and I like your pillows.

My absolutely broken rear end can't bend down to kiss my head livestock guardian dog during bad pain days so I taught him that me tapping the brick wall beside his big brick of a head means "please stand up so I can kiss your head spot and tell you goodnight". He gleefully gets up and closes his eyes and wags his tail in anticipation of impending smooch.

The service dog knows to beat the poo poo out of me if I'm not listening to one of his alerts and that's stupid of me because his paws hurt but I guess it's also not stupid because I need to listen to my good boy, too.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

500excf type r posted:

I taught my dog to get on the ottoman when I point and say circus dog

Been working on this, except I say parkour. Currently working on his balance too, by ording him onto the hammock. He loves it.

Fucker knows at least twenty commands. Too bad they all go out his head if he is outside.

When we got him, he was two years old and only knew shake. It takes anywhere from five tries minimum to two days to teach him each new trick. It's insane

deadeyez fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 14, 2021

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Teach him to play basketball.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I taught my dog how to do the Old Yeller trick. It only worked once though.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This is Aggie. Her trick is slamming the goddamn door open and getting on the bed. No one taught her to do this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I taught one of my dogs to render cool lighting effects on the fly.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

This is Aggie. Her trick is slamming the goddamn door open and getting on the bed. No one taught her to do this.

OH hell yeah another cattle dog. This guy slams doors too. He punches with his face, I have no idea how his snout doesn't break.

I'm actually forbidden from teaching him basketball/volleyball due to windows and the TV. He will projectile boop tiny hollow balls so hard they shake the TV, we don't want broken stuff

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
When we first got him, he was pretty wild. Would flip out whenever I came upstairs, like I'm a threat. Literally didn't know chicken was food (fed hippie paste, now eats like a normal dog). The first time someone knocked on the door he splattered poo poo all over the wall. Turns out he has very active anal glands that squirt when he is in danger, much like a skunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Im the pouf your dog's rear end is on.