Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

already took thurs + fri off for this game....thinking about doing monday too

I've got a big mid-winter break next week... looking forward to capping it off with a Weekend of Gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

magic looks really sick in this game.. but I'm worried it'll make things too easy

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ROBBYDUDE/status/1496278865731330051?t=XW2HRYC6iBrEciuf4lz2pg&s=19

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think digital foundry said they're waiting for the patch before they do their poo poo because they were told it would fix the issue

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i don't have enough spoons for the best freakin game ever made

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I even get why people avoid media with weirdly specific things, everyone has their poo poo, it's saying that the media is a slight against the disabled that's beyond the pale to me.

nothing can be just "not for me" anymore, everything must appeal to everyone and if it doesn't, it's a failing of the product and those who made it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I remember when Sekiro came out everyone was crying about it as usual, while I watched a paraplegic guy play and beat it no problem lol

mfers beat these games with guitar hero controllers and these people are complaining they need it directly written on their tv where to go at all times

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

[sideways chad head] "Yes."

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm waiting for the PS5 release but I'm VERY excited for the frog to get his prize

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hope it runs good, pc imps

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lollontee posted:

currently praying and lighting incense under the computer box

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't see online summon signs, but people can summon me, so I've been trying to help them with the first boss

they keep running right in and dying lmao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh, do you have to use one to make summoning signs appear? I assumed it was like that Dark Souls spell that just refreshed the server to load in more signs near you, not that it's a requirement

EmmyOk posted:

You hide me fight needs to be a voice line

yeah extremely. how am I supposed to learn the moveset if you die immediately

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this mfer hid his red sign among the others here knowing people will just mash the button trying to pick someone up before they get got by someone else

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mbt posted:

The spectral sword sorcery is insane. This poo poo does so much damage. Does enchanting a weapon with that sorcery make it deal damage based on int as well?

I'm never sure how it scales but I'm using Scholar's Armament on my falchion and it goes from 126 to 213 or so with 15 int

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

good lord, like half the threads on the front page of resetera are whining about elden ring. lol what absolute pussies

what're their problems with it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

herculon posted:

Found the Siofra River and got the poo poo kicked out of me by a bunch of green ghost minotaurs. This truly is the greatest game

every time you think you're done being blown away by the sheer scale of the game, you find something like this

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

reading some of your experiences is so crazy because these characters have done completely different stuff for me that I think would have been mentioned if y'all had it happen to you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Also I went back to Roundtable Hold and that silent bastard attacked me :stare:

when did it happen? I went back to Roundtable after beating Godrick and before Gideon could even give me the spiel and already he was like "oh, hm, that guy? yeah kinda wild huh lol anyway let's move on"

I don't trust that mfer no more

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I dunno what triggered it because I hadn't been back there in a while and I've just been exploring around the map. I've beaten Godrick and Rennala of the main story bosses so far.

interesting. it was literally right after Godrick for me and it hasn't happened at all for a lot of my friends who are now further in so I have no loving clue what triggers it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

the people who get mad about fromsoft games and complain about how bad they are whenever one comes out own

that's not just a bad gamer

it's a dumbass bad developer

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the best spot for bloodstains is midgame on the beach before starting the Radahn fight.

you can either see people hitting the teleporter and immediately getting shot and dying so quickly their bloodstain sticks before they traveled or just straight up walking past the teleporter into the ocean and dying

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Finally got to 70 INT so I can use both Rennala's staff and spell

is her staff worth using? I'm burned after upgrading a staff up to +14 and the meteor staff just straight up being better

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I'll get the staff and see how it looks after some upgrades, can't hurt

Rabid Boar posted:

Jesus Christ how can a game have so much content

I have straight up done stuff that felt like endgame poo poo and have not even entered the capitol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is there an in game explanation of the night of black knives or who the black knife assassin's work for? I'm thinking its the godskin guys.

Also I thought those dudes were gods' kin until I looked closer and think it's supposed to be god skin

if you get their equipment, you find out their stuff is made out of people's faces

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I found the moonlight greatsword last night and it turned out tweaking my build to be all-in on INT was the right loving move. the weapon art destroys

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol I ain't going through wikis I promise

I basically always do STR/FTH in these games, I wanted to do something different this time!! I organically found it!!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dongicus posted:

i usually go dex in these games so it really paid off that bleed is retardedly strong rn

I did int/dex in the beginning and was running around with katanas and doing frost/bleed on dudes. the greatsword is an adjustment after rolling around powerstancing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

im fuzzy on it but I think it's actually both lol. tarnished are descendants of the lands between that retain a fraction of that divinity, but most of them can't touch grace any more. the shattered rune of death is what let's people live within death and also be unable to truly die

I remember really early on Gideon or the level up chick or somebody being like "oh, you can see grace? that's tight, not many Tarnished who have risen recently can do that"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

elden ring is so tight

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

One of the overview trailers for the game explained that Tarnished are the descendants of people who had been banished from the Lands Between who were able to return since the order has weakened. So we're a bunch of longlost failson usurpers coming back to try too claim the throne.

they say the Two Fingers has "extended grace" to the Tarnished, which I've taken just be a political way of saying "we've run out of pawns, let's let these exiles back in to do our dirty work of killing the demigods"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

sorry for lore post I'm just excited to talk about the greatest game of all time

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

elden dog turd [gray dried one that gives you some sort of status effect]

*presses square*

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I peeked and I have no idea what mfer y'all are even talking about and I feel like I did like everything pre-Capitol

more for the next playthrough

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I did this part earlier and the guy gave me bad vibes so I killed him but just barely survived one of his swings.

Also yeah I climbed an ash-covered carriage up to a side door because I figured I was close to a bonfire but instead found the "real" round table hold. FromSoft has done this kind of thing before but it always hits.

this time it hits for me because it made sense for the Hunter's Workshop to have a real world counterpart, it was a dream, after all

but if this is the real world roundtable hold, what is the place I've been going to?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

I'm at 110 hours right now, with what feels like many areas to go lmao. I'm really not surprised by 75 hour completion though... its a combination of people skipping a lot of optional stuff and rushing, wiki reading, and likely int builds lol

I just beat it at 110 hours with my INT build, which was absolutely easy mode. I hadn't done INT before and wanted to try it because it looked like they had made magic more interesting in this game but instead it was braindead once you figure out the good spell combos and especially once you get the mimic tear spirit

really looking forward to doing STR/FTH and having to engage more with boss mechanics after the midgame

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

saying magic looked more interesting the same way DSP accidentally summoned that guy to help him beat twin dragon riders in ds2

lol

EmmyOk posted:

also lol at calling people int builds as an insult (true)

you can beeline it and just out in the world you can find the meteor staff and rock sling and destroy everything through at least the midgame. the meteor staff isn't upgradeable but has great sorcery scaling with no investment, never mind the boost to rock sling

it is not to be respected if someone's wiki'ing their way into it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

i switched to arcane as soon as i found rivers of blood

hmm... should my second playthrough be STR/FTH or do I straight dump all my runes into ARC.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

rivers of blood is bugged to not improve with upgrades so all my damage is from bleed procs. its hard but badass

lol

i did frost and bleed procs on dual wielded katanas for a time and that was probably the most fun I had in the game