Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Being an unemployed gamer is the happiest I’ve ever been and I wish I could go back.

:hai:

Bicyclops posted:

you kids sure you dont want to sign up for those loans? in college, you can spend all day getting high and just playing video game with your bros, and, more importantly, with you out of here, so can i.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

its loving impossible to be fired from a work from home job I have come to the conclusion lol

I had a couple people on my team manage it but one of them didn't even bother to do the bare minimum to show up to the daily scrum Zoom calls or keep his laptop open so his status said "available," and the other would randomly pick fights with his boss's boss on the team-wide calls on chats lol. Just keep your head down and you're good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

move the mouse every 30 minutes, say Hello in the morning. 2+ years going

:hai:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

[BOOM] [RATATATA] [CLACKCLACK CLACK]*LOUD GRUFF VOICE* HEADSHOT! MULTIKILL!! [BWAO BWAO]

CEO on 200 person zoom call: Uhh, does someone have a TV on hahahaha! Please just mute yourself :)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Completely forgetting what the topic of the thread is for several pages. IZ ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Oh the cretinous buckler, perhaps it’s some kind of creature. Let’s see the item description for lore on this foul beast’s shield.

“A small inscription inside reads “truly an oaf alone may read inscriptions such as this!” “

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

herculon posted:

RPG Site can burn in hell

I like them generally and their issues seem pretty minor, especially compared to how much they gush over the positives

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Frenz posted:

Easy mode confirmed

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

me trying to talk about current evenrs to normal people: “this is all just so awful for ukranian fromsoft fans. the russians are inhuman.. i cant even imagine the grief..

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Accessibility is good. What the game journalists call accessibility is not. Namaste.

HolePisser1982 posted:

the older I get the more deeply I respect art that asks some effort on your part. the payoff is always fuckin epic

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Basement dwelling invader troll -> <- Me

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's a loving virus.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My very first try at Margit I got him down to half health and had three flasks left and was feeling really good about it, then I did the classic Souls Dummy move and rolled off the cliff trying to dodge and none of my rematches have gone anywhere near that well lol

I’m liking the greatsword but I hope I find a two-handed sword with a move set similar to the DS1 Zweihander, I’m really missing the big overhead swing that flattens enemies into the ground. The jump attack is a passable substitute but it’s not the same

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

what the gently caress

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I mean this really has to be the best game ever made.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

finally wielding a huge ultra greatsword, this is the greatest day of my life

Jealous…

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Getting a flask charge back when you clear an enemy encounter is such a genius idea

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

No Dignity posted:

I'm still trying to figure how to deal with the speedy guys in this game, margit and leonine misbegotten are both coming at me like sekiro bosses and I can't keep up with the speed and length of their combos even when I think my dodges are on point, feel like I'm missing something right now...

I just beat the second of those and it's just about the timing of the dodges, once you get his rhythm it's not too bad. Most attacks feel like they telegraph a little too long, I keep dodging at what I think is going to be the right time and instead the bad guy just keeps holding his sword up for another second and then attacks where I dodged to. You just have to wait until pretty much the last second.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

eternally two handing ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

cool teen font: Spells can wait,
I want to 2h ultra great weapons!
PAID FOR BY THE AMERICAN STRENGTH COUNCIL

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I'm still having trouble figuring out what to level, and no, I will NOT read the fextralife wiki. I sort of like that every gain is so tiny and incremental at the beginning because it makes the choice tough

I’ve just been dumping every level up I have into Strength until I can use the weapon I got from the Castle Morne boss and relying on the game’s naturally generous stamina and my own God-given dodging skills to keep myself alive (with mixed results)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

There was some kind of save corrupting bug when putting your PS5 to sleep instead of saving and quitting from the menu, the most recent update should have fixed it but maybe you didn't download it in time

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I noticed that my runes were getting drained in stormveil but I also lost two stone sword keys there too. Is that normal?

I don't know about the keys but if you agreed to go around the side after talking to the gatekeeper he'll steal some of your runes every time you die. If you kill him you get them all back, I just did it and got 12K runes because I died so much lmao.

I used the runes from that to finally get the last point of Strength I needed to wield the greatsword from Castle Morne and after upgrading it once or twice this thing kicks so much rear end. I had to remove my gauntlets entirely and trade out my cool suit of Godrick knight plate armor for the bandit armor--which is literally just a shirt--in order to bear the weight but I just ran in and took Godrick out easy after he kicked my rear end three or four times last night before I made the change. Armor doesn't seem to actually do a whole lot aside from poise I guess, the shirt seems to block about as much damage as the heavy plate did--sounds like that might be how it worked in other Souls games too but this is first one I'm really diving into.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol angry methhead voice: Some DEAD SOON MOTHERFUCKER… has been stealing my RUNES. If I see you in stormveil youre hosed.. and where the gently caress are my keys

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kongming posted:

JP players are getting confused by all the "fort, night" messages to the point that some believe there are hidden events that only happen in forts at night.

https://twitter.com/ETC_only/status/1499176526864355329?s=20&t=kR0IGxg5V9VnlRUlwiYifA

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It's really good, I used it right up until I got the 40 STR I needed for the Castle Morne boss's greatsword

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

That sword is the coolest sword that's ever been in a video game.

I love it. Although right now I'm using the Berserk greatsword since I could upgrade it above the Morne sword since it just uses regular smithing stones instead of somber ones. I think I'll be switching back and forth between the two as I upgrade them for the rest of the game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

70 hours in and just realized you can click the left stick in your inventory and sort a page of items by "recently acquired" :stare:

:staredog:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

buffalo all day posted:

finally killed these assholes in the cheapest way imaginable, but fromsoft definitely intended it as an option so I don’t feel bad

lol I did that fight yesterday and hated it too. I generally don't like the "remember this boss from earlier? Well, now there's too of them" bosses, it's one of my only real complaints about the game. At least they mix it up by making it two variants of the same guy, but still.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve been putting all my points into strength and occasionally vigor and pounding everyone flat with first the grafted greatsword and then the Berserk Guts greatsword once I was able to upgrade past it, but I just decided to put a couple of points in dexterity to use the bloodhound fang and I’m liking it a lot. I miss the sheer impact of the other greatswords but the higher speed makes faster enemies easier to deal with and the bleed does great against bosses when it procs. Might play around with the Ashes of War some, I haven’t really messed with it before and I like the skill it comes with a lot but it seems like it would be worth it to change the scaling to be based more heavily on my 45-ish strength instead of my 17 dex.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

I regret to inform you that you can't use ashes of war on the Bloodhound's Fang since it's a unique weapon

Ah hell, I didn’t realize that was a restriction lol. Relying purely on bravery and jumping attacks has gotten me through the game so far so I never really engaged with that side of things, thanks for the heads-up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hizke posted:

on the phone with my beleaguered wife: the imps keep laughing at me. I posted a guide and they're laughing at me. THE IMPS. KEEP LAUGHING!! AT ME!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HINT: Use a +25 Refund button to send this piece of garbage back to Depraved Lord Gaben of the Bell View

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Try gaming..

24 Good 6378 Poor

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol I spent a few hours doing exactly this the other day, after all the struggles the game puts you through it’s really cathartic to occasionally enter a boss’s arena and delete it in a single three-hit combo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

buffalo all day posted:

no feeling like when i fight a difficult boss, am finally having a good run, patiently get him down to the last sliver of health while i have a full health bar, then all of a sudden my brain turns off and i start hammering R1 while he unloads a four-hit combo and kills me instead of blocking or dodging like i've been doing the entire rest of the fight

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like the vague soulsborne storytelling as much as anyone but I do wish they told you what a Tarnished actually is more clearly, since everyone in-universe obviously knows lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah I'd hate to play a Soulslike with giant DOA tits flying around and shi- *goes blank, falls backwards into beanbag chair pissing myself*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Setting your age to 99 makes your tits jiggle more but setting it to 14 allows you to start with 20,000 bits.

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

apropos to nothing posted:

feels sometimes like people die to something cheap and then cuss and scream and yell that its bullshit and think thats what makes the game bad, but in fact thats what makes it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It’s even worse in this game than DS1 too lol. I don’t think I’ve ever seen less than 6 basilisks at once bare minimum and their attack has like a 240-degree arc. Or at least it feels that way when they’re all letting loose