Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been calling it Jenkem Ring and saying “Assy one, bring me more turds” to keep the hype levels down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I call it Elden Bring because the Assy One keeps “bring”ing me some turds (from soft games)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

fond memories in 2009 or 10 whenever dark souls came out, quit my job and became unemployed for 5 months and just smoked weed and played dark souls and eat chips for breakfast, probably the best moments of my entire life. unemployment ftw

Being an unemployed gamer is the happiest I’ve ever been and I wish I could go back.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You have to probate people for saying retard even though you're 35 years old.

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This guy needs to Elden “ring” some bitches and get laid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Try gettting some weirdly flavorful dang na bangus

Lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is 9000 japnese yen coins wtf.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m thinking about paying ¥9240 for this instead of buy it on sale in 4 years.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

loving frog tracker and normie rear end friends in the group chat posting installation screenshots got me opening my wallet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Thoughts like that are reserved for the rarest Einsteinian levels of genius.. don’t waste it

Doing this in the Elden Ring store page.

https://youtu.be/Y0sBS0K5f4I

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My pc can’t run elden ring and now I’m buying an xbox.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

What are you, the smartest man who ever lived?

Thank you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This unlocks perfectly at 8am Japan time, which is my prime gaming time. No work projects until March. Ahhh. Nothing short of Nuclear war could stop me now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Restart Steam.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

AIDS Frog.

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Runs at 60fps on medium, well under the minimum specs...lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Have yet to venture out to The Lands Between tho...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

b_d posted:

maybe i should try it on my aging gaming laptop and refund that rear end if it doesn't work.

That was my plan, but its buttery smooth so far...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

herculon posted:

Decided to go back and do the tutorial cave. Now that I know how to run, this game doesn’t stand a chance

Please share.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was trying to figure out how to do a gesture but my skinny-fat middle aged guy squatted down in his underpants and screamed in frustration instead. Oh, and so did my Elden Ring Character.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

fingers crossed myself, my graphics card is bare minimum and everything else is... real bad.

Exact same sitch. Looks and runs great so far (Still in a cave)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

btw: two hand your weapon by holding Y/triangle and tapping R1 (or L1 for left hand)

:stare:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I was straight into the pit, I love ghosts. Also lol at the end of it. You get a gesture also as a pick up at the end of it so I recommend all imps run through it.

Need to get an early night due to not booking work off and wanting to get over my cold so I can game all weekend. Great tutorial and I'm hyped! Switching to triagngle as the action button is hosed though

I didnt even realise that was skippable. I jumped straight down the hole.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the hype got me bros. installing now

It's a loving virus.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kongming posted:

There is an easy mode in this game after all. Just lay down a message that everyone loves, you get a small heal every time someone upvotes your messages. I put a message that said "Behold, bug!" next to some bugs in a cave and am well over 100 upvotes already, constantly getting free heals. It's absurd.

There was some message right at the beginning that was just something like “behold elden ring!” That had 9999 appraisals less than half an hour after launch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

honestly really not sure why youre all so excited to play this

The crafting guy is right.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Could someone kindly answer Was there supposed to be a boss at the end of the Tutorial Cave, aside from the knight in the hole and the tough spider that easily killed me? There was a ton of messages saying Tough Enemy up ahead! And a grace sign then I stumbled around at was outside in fake Firelink Shrine

spoilers for the opening cave area i guess.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

did you take the key as your starting item?

Cheers mate

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My guy looks like he’s scared shitless in his little loincloth holding his club two-handed. loving pussy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

I'm so far off the beaten path lmao. At the very start when you meet your maiden and she wants you to go through the gate with the big guy I've gone every other direction but that one. I thought I had a handle on the map but it's spiraling out of control now.

I don’t even know what the “start” is. I’m in a catacomb in my diaper. I’m level 1 and I haven’t unlocked levelling up yet and I’m fighting a cat.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Lmao. That boss rules. His animations are so strange it really makes the whole thing seem creepy as hell.

I honestly thought it was the pc stuttering everyone else seems to be moaning about.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Grow up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Haven’t been able to sink into this like I wanted. Went drinking with some friends and all we talked about was this game and how we wish we were at home playing it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there an impzone group password on pc? Would be nice to see some imp blood stains instead of to ones that don’t work.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve died so many times because my brain has been hardwired to lay on the ground after a hit for the iframes like it’s Monster Hunter.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Launch day I was getting a waterfall of constant appraisals for just posting but hole and dog messages everywhere but I guess no one looks at messages anymore because of that crap lol. Oh well.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

10 hours in. Still in the first area. Just got to Round Hold and decided to go back and gently caress around in the first area because I am wearing the armor and weapons the first enemies dropped and I'm sure there has got to be something better somewhere haha.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Victory Position posted:

I got a single wolf summon in the poison swamp from the teleport trap I entered and it's so strong. It can inflict scarlet rot and it's very strong.

He helped me get out of that place and I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Did anyone else notice that bloodstains are working now?