Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

The takeaway from these stats is to block or heal sparingly, and instead simply kill the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

End of the road. Is it a bug that Cruel Burst doesn't work with Burst+ ? I could see it going either way. I assume Burst+ is coded as a separate spell but thematically it feels like you get better at casting the same spell.

Also the Save spell is a top-tier blessing.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

ilmucche posted:

just got absolutely owned by the guy that gives a character death on all sides. my character with death hit a cantrip, died. one of my characters hit a copycat side on the same roll, died. wasn't thinking and hit reroll, another character hit copycat. run over next turn

and the claw won! fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 1, 2022

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Curse: Lycanthropy: On odd levels, middle hero is a wolf.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Fat ghosts absolutely crushing their poor little bones.

A healthy dancer.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

The Mattybee posted:

Why the gently caress are Death Shield and Slow Spells 1pt curses

Quoted for truth. Slow Spells isn't always terrible, but one of the easier ways to do good stuff is to make a pile of mana, and Slow Spells just invalidates this strategy unless you have a charged side maybe. Death Shield just does too much for one point, especially in Blursed where you're adding several extra enemies to each fight. It makes bones, fanatics, and summoners particularly more annoying, and it makes all the math hard to boot. It's a lot worse than Armour+. Feels like a 3 point curse tbh.

Unrelated suggestion: There's a bunch of cool curses like Rise and Monster Era that you can get in Brutal but not in Cursed/Blursed cause they don't evolve from one-point curses. I'd love to see an event or occasional option to trade in some low-point curses for a large curse of equivalent total points.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Bug report (Android): If you have two of the same item they both show up in your inventory but one will disappear when you move them around or equip them. I've had this happen with two Angel Feathers and two Coiled Snakes.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
^ In Hypercursed, got an item and a blessing together after a boss battle. The item was Angel Feather and the blessing was... a permanent Angel Feather.

Another time I had Coiled Snake from a curse and got a second one from an event that also gave me a Chainmail.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Wittgen posted:

Not being able to reroll starting stuff infinitely continues to be a lovely design choice. Sure, it might help players embrace chaos, but eventually you want to do something specific and a patronizing rear end message will continuously pop up to get on your way.

One problem with rerolling the start is winstreaks, and I guess the solution would be to have a popup (if current_winstreak > 0) that says "You can reroll again if you want, but it will reset your current winstreak to 0."

Or to add a mode where you can pick as many blessings and/or curses as you want from the master list. Not sure how well the UI would handle this.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

GetDunked posted:

What are some good strategies for pure-color runs? I did Hard with pure blue and multiple weavers doubling each other's mana, but Unfair with the same strategy has been kicking my butt.

Green: 4 cats and a Pockets isn't too bad. You need some luck with your tier 4+ generated greens, they often roll tactics that let you put your cat sides to better use.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

MrQueasy posted:

How does “squared” work? I thought I understood it, but now I’m not sure.

For keywords that scale with pips, it squares the keyword effect. So for an attack with the mana-gain keyword, it won't change the attack damage but will square the gained mana.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Hail Blurtra Satan

This takes forever, after this run I'll be sticking to classic mode for a while.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

The Aguamoose posted:

Wow, how did you manage that? That's incredible. What blessings do you prioritise and which curses avoid?

I've been blurtra a lot and have discovered that an error occurs if your curses lead you to not be able to pick an upgrade for a character at all. It doesn't crash just throws up an error message. Because I'm an idiot I've discovered this on two separate occasions.

Honestly it was entirely luck. You need something completely broken to get that far. Definitely enable the wild modifiers option. By floor 250 or so I had:

This trivialized almost every curse, so from there it was just about dodging the few curses that would end the run and being very careful not to gently caress up the display case. Oh, and trying to plan ahead for Bramble and Inevitable. Everything else died on turn 0. Feels like Ethereal Cloak + Cataclysms might be able to get there too, but I haven't tried it.

Bonus images:

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Yeah I've seen monster left pain offered in blurtra a few times, but it's awkward cause there's also a monster left blank blessing.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Spore is super versatile, it's great on sides with scaling keywords. The decay on Myco's mana sides and Spore isn't very relevant unless fights are going past turn 3 or so. Pick Myco to make a fast party better at going fast, don't pick it with a slow party.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
With enough itemlevel, "Add groooooowth to all sides" items will pop up pretty routinely. I forget the item level, probably 18 or so.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

How are you guys getting up to these crazy item levels? I think I need to unlock some more modes.

The cursed/blursed, etc modes don't stop at level 20. Your curses and blessings keep piling up as you go deeper.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Are blue heroes still the best bet for the mono-color hard/unfair runs achievements? I remember in 2.0 the game kept generating thorns on fight 1 or 2 and I had no way to deal with them

It's probably not as consistent as monoblue, but monogreen with 4 housecats is also strong and fun.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Free items? This curse is a blessing!

I am upset with you Tann.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Einwand posted:

A lot of curses take meddler from "bad but averages out usually" to "your run is probably over if you don't get to replace them on the first level up"

I think Meddler is the best T1 blue in a no-curse vacuum, but yeah there's some curses that make them a huge liability. Also monoblue with 4 Meddler and a Student (for Slice) is completely busted.