Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm avoiding using the Unlock It All button, just went through my first Normal fight. Lotta new, but it doesn't really feel all that different from version 1 yet. Won on my first go, beating a Dragon/Caw/Archer final boss with a Ludus/Barbarian/Keeper/Shaman/Weaver team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Of the three t1 Orange I like Lost the most because they have the most sides, and early Cruel can be nice for Gnolls

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
First Hard victory! On Shortcut, to save time. Eccentric + Shuriken + Timestone resulted in him throwing out 8 damage twice a turn, sometimes to two targets. Before that I had a Catnip that ended up on my Wizard that let him do it 3 times with a Poet using the 're-use a dice' side! Rounded out by a Witch and a Dabblest. Dragon/Caw/Archer didn't stand a chance after that, even with Mortal on.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
2 questions:

1. Is there still an achievement for getting through Tarantulas or however you spell it without a hero dying? I didn't get that in version 1.0 yet before the update.

2. Do you have to use a Dodge or Undying side to get your top hero to avoid the HP threshold insta-kill, or is it satisfactory enough to let that go off, but use something that revives a character mid-fight afterwards to get it?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Is there an unlock for preventing enemies from fleeing in the same vein as the one which unlocks the Friendship Bracelet? Or should I be letting enemies flee more to unlock something else?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You need to meet or exceed it, not meet it exactly.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If you put Rescue on a side that deals damage to an enemy, can the game recognize that you killing the enemy that was about to kill a party member 'rescued' them, and thus, lets you reuse it?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was asking because I had that high-level "Put Rescue on top and bottom side" item, but my Grey was Mimic and my Red was Disciple, which has mana-only sides top and bottom, so I had to put it on my Yellow.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What # item level is this "Pair of Kings" item I need to unlock the last t3 Blue?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It turns out it's actually really easy to get the 10 or more poison on an enemy achievement when you finally get Venom for the first time since starting 2.0. The only class I haven't encountered yet is this last Blue that I need Pair of Kings for-which given the previous talk seems to be named Ace.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

CainFortea posted:

Edit: Oh, or how about a summoner that can summon totems that sit in the enemy line up and do things to adjacent enemies, like reduce their damage or give them vulnerability or something. Give them HP too so you have to make choices about cleave damage.

What color are you thinking? "Summoner" as a class name definitely leans Red or Blue-ish.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

New Leaf posted:

Wanderer's quad-attack thing plus Growth from a Herbalist was a nice unexpected pairing. Every attack goes up by 1 for a nice 10 damage you get to spread around lovingly.

I got Bloodlust on it once, which was pretty great in the early-mid of a fight

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I think I had an idea once for a Blue named "Onmyoji" that could summon a Shikigami familiar as an extra combatant with their spell.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How often do you try and get Goblins and Bandits to leave early through their "if it sucks hit da bricks" passives?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Finally beat Custom Party four of a kind Hard for the cleave redirect item. Didn't really do anything too crazy, ended with a Warlock/Chronos/Sorcerer/Weaver/Shaman team that let me build up Mana with Warlock and Sorcerer and then have Chronos let Weaver do the double-your-mana side twice so they could poo poo out spells and lucked out with Dragon instead of Hexia.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Had an idea for a Keyword: Cycle.

A side with Cycle will turn into a different side the turn after it's used. Sometimes it's one way-say, a side with "Deal 2 damage, self-heal, cycle" that turns into "Deal 2 damage". Sometimes, a side will continuously cycle between 2 or 3 sides, going from "Shield 3", "Heal 3" and "Deal 3 damage".

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Cleave, too, especially if you're hitting a back-row Archer/Sniper next to your Terminal 1 HP target.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given the appearances of D&D Kobolds I think they meant Bandits, which would explain the Terminal stuff-Bandits flee early if you overkill an adjacent enemy by 2 or more, and Terminal lets you do that more easily.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
had a silly idea for version of this game where instead of d6s, all the dice are like, d4s or d8s or d12s or d20s.

But then I was like "Probably would make the sides too complicated." except for d4s.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Angry Diplomat posted:

Get a generated t4 hero (level up x hero blessing, or have a permadead hero I guess) and then have the "reroll a hero's class?" event pop up for them.

I was thinking that face would be funny with the heals -> shields item (Change of Heart?) and the shields -> ranged attacks item (Chakram) :v:

So are all Glitches Blues or are there variations for every other color

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Heaven Mode really helps.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I avoid Myco like the plague, is there some sort of secret trick to him that makes him actually good, or is he really just a "gets good mana early into a round, then pivots to revival and his growth sides when he exhausts the Decay on his mana gain" type

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Another reasonably big Youtube LPer, Wanderbots, covered this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltU74gXaAQ

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Make use of Basalt's incrementing number bonus damage?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Once I got that cape that copies left most onto the whole center row and put it on a Venom (reminder: their leftmost is an attack that inflicts poison and scales with how much poison is on the field).

That ended up being how I got the "get 10 or more Poison on one enemy" achievement.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There should be a keyword like "Pierce" that makes it so the attack goes through Shields and does damage to HP directly first.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Tunicate posted:

minus bloodlust should be 'hemophobia'

groupdeath should be 'massacre'

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
We're just going to be stuck in an infinite loop of unlocking the same material with new stuff every time there's an update huh

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Don't be afraid to experiment and try new things!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Very excited for new classes and items and enemies!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Dog Kisser posted:

Gonna advertise the hell out of this, legit the best phone game I've ever played

right with you on that front

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Green has Twin, and Twin was darn good when it was a Grey so...

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Weaver is really good if you have a Leader or someone else with a 'reuse a side' side because that turns double your mana into quadruple your mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
we should get Purple heroes in 4.0