Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Antitonic posted:

I know I personally can never watch them live (timezones), but even then I found it very hard as a concept to go back to the M9 after their story ended. I also had similar feelings about revisiting VM for the one-shots. Aside from the fanservice/nostalgia aspect (which is a valid thing to do, more or less), that’s not the way my brain processes stories. I don’t know how to best explain it, but I could feel active pushback at the thought of watching.

I definitely had this for the VM specials, there didn't feel like there was a lot of loose ends at all. With the M9 however, it feels quite different for me. Apart from Ukatoa, I feel like there are several other hooks to take up. This special being given a bit more time to breathe helps out as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Clearly we're crying out for Luke's next adventure.