Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sign a lease but stipulate it month to month :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for not putting the weights back in the gym because of priorities.

Yes.

Put poo poo back so someone else can find it and use it. If you want to use it again later you know where it is and can get it. Don't monopolize poo poo because of whatever reasons .

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

My(27F) boyfriend (37M) plays Dr. Mario but never saves his game. Is this normal behavior?Personal is

lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Change your last name to your wife's.

No one change their name because who gives a poo poo.

Unless you have a weird first name / last name combo and want to get away from it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Shout out to my man Bradford Decock who got so much poo poo he did a name mash with his wife.

really hoping he kept the cock part in that mashup.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

blight rhino posted:

gotcha. as I said, I was just ignorant in the little human subject.

Did I land in the "friend zone?

How could I find out if that's the case or not? (yeah I know asking is the obvious thing to do but I feel I would ruin our friendship if she doesn't feel the same and I don't want to do that)

Bro you are gonna have to ask her out or to do something and see how it goes. poo poo or get off the pot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

AITA for telling my gf I can't be a parent because she won't let me?

Wtf lol what a dummy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShootaBoy posted:

Yeah, never married, not his sperm or his name on the birth records, just bounce dude.

Couldn’t he technically still be on the hook since he’s essentially been raising the kid since birth?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes he can. de-facto parentage is absolutely the case here. though if the mother refuses payments i don't think there's a lot a judge or arbitor could do?

Yeah he’s in a pretty poo poo situation because unless he gets something in writing he’s gonna be on the hook for 18 years.

The GF is just using him.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

AITA for being upset that my roommate didn't tell us he was bisexual?

Dude totally knew what he was doing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Another classic.

My [28F] boyfriend [29M] of two years will not stop speaking in a fake Italian-American accent and keeps making up foreign words

A+ Drippini

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You know the 18 year divorce lady is probably an incredibly unreliable narrator so I’m not sure the post should be taken at face value.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

I do not believe that growing up in a home where your dad despises your mother but fucks her anyway is better than having divorced parents who might be able to be happy individually with other people.

Like, having divorced parents is not the end of the world, you know?

They weren’t married and it doesn’t sound like he actually despised her because they were on different pages.

quote:

As far as he's concerned, everything we've shared since he found out I cheated was just a "Co-parenting/FWB" situation and while he loves me, he's not in love with me and hasn't been since he found out, he assumed I understood and accepted this silent agreement.

He also didn’t just pack up his poo poo and leave he told her and gave plenty of notice for what he was going to do. It’s a pretty solid breakup as far as they can go.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA Girlfriend's friend stole my food and wants an apology

Eating other peoples food is p. rude.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TBF the bad boy trope has been around for literally decades at this point. Blame the tv/ movies for that as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

spouse posted:

I get the feeling he's probably less than effective at communicating his grievances IRL.

Yeah probably but I did like his Egyptian cat theory lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Winter Stormer posted:

Have any men dealt with workplace dresscode discrimination before? My boss sent me (M27) home today because I am “too fat for my clothes.”

same guy posted to r/AMA three days ago:
I (M27) have a male pregnancy fetish and have intentionally gained 100 pounds during the pandemic to live it out. I just saw my family for the first time since before the weight gain and they couldn’t believe it. AMA

The word a bit is doing a lot of heavy lifting in this story here.

I can only imagine how his clothes look if he hasn’t upsized them…

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

It's not the specific one but here's a doozy

My (49M) wife (48F) left the family for her affair partner a year ago but now she says she wants to fix things.

God drat that’s hosed up and super manipulative.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

As a trans person of color, specifically asian, holy gently caress this is evil. Yeah I'm going by your dead sister's name which isn't even my race, because playing dress up in another persons culture is so much fun XD

Can we add this to the list?

Give me your house, your baby, your half of the inheritance, and your dead siblings name.

drat it I was going to say

“Give me your dead sisters name”.

It’s pretty hosed up tbh and it’s kinda hosed up they are saying the person is transphobic for not liking it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dewgy posted:

lmao

You sound like someone’s dad with a stick up their rear end.

Sorry you are always late to stuff.

You’ll get better at it I’m sure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

The building is pre-war and it's bad for the pipes.

Is it also a no garbage disposal building?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MagusofStars posted:

To those of you out there who’ve visited Japan and have money: Is Kobe beef really *that* much better than a normal high end steak? Or is it mostly marketing?

It’s pretty fuckin good yeah.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

What's the hobby you jackass?

Since they are in Germany its either Star Citizen or one of those simulator games they love so much.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is perfectly normal and seems healthy tbh.

Has hobby sets budget with partner and sticks to it.

Amazing!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to change my window cleaner?

How often do you need your drat windows cleaned??
Or is it a metaphor for doing the deed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No but seriously how often to people actually get their windows washed where it would be a thing you need a regular guy for?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BlancoNino posted:

I live in New England near the coast and washing windows is a big chunk of my work. I don't have any gently caress buddies because it's mostly WASPy old fucks. I have seen a lot of these people twice a year for a decade or so. People who have storefronts I'll see once a month.

Sounds like a regional thing. I'm on the west coast and I've never had it done lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

spouse posted:

So... She's either a vague shoeonhead type populist leftie with a distrust of mainstream media, and he's a fox news "apolitical" white guy who's vaguely racist... or she's a loving Nazi and he's a lib.

I got my covid booster today so I have turbo brain fog. Someone who has better reading comprehension right now tell me who to hate in this one.

My vote is on her having terminally online brain worms.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wasn’t there another one from the wife’s POV because he claimed he just got randomly fired or something and she was like wtf.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think Peter has ever been divorced.

He was seperate for a short time in the late 90s but no one liked that run

He was divorced in the spiderverse movie

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

What kind of racist enjoys Taco Tuesday?

AITA for engaging in "racist microaggressions" at work over food?

Never enjoy anything.

Also Albert Einstein loved taco Tuesday.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mx. posted:

Would you say this is insensitive what my Fiance(40M) told me(35F)?

bolding OP's. first of all, she sounds exhausting. second of all, guess the concert it's a bts concert

$3000 for one god drat ticket is fuckin insane. That’s almost as much as a ticket to the Súper bowl.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

God drat lol. She got her rear end beat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for leaving my husbands grandmother stranded two hours from home, after she tricked us into attending a wedding?

I mean whatever and all but it seems kinda harsh not to to give the MIL a +1 lol

Like I get what she was saying but it’s her husbands mom not a friend or whatever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for "exposing" and "embarrassing" my brothers girlfriend?

This is an A+++ post because they posted the recipe and it looks fuckin delicious.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The_Franz posted:

can you even get married if you are still legally married to someone else (except maybe in utah)?

Technically you could but legally you can’t.

There isn’t much (if any) cross checking when getting a new marriage license at least in CA.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

Take the money, get a hotel room, lock your bedroom door and put a sensor camera above the door so if anyone tries to break in you can call them out on it straight away. Cousin can sleep on the couch, dude is well within his rights to tell these people to sod off. Also, it won't be a "one time thing" if he lives with them long-term. What about next year? Anyway, some more content!

AITA for going off on the restaurant that gave me regular soda instead of zero sugar?

Would having one regular Coke have this effect on someone who's in ketosis? It sounds really, really risky to eat out while having such a specific diet that one drink can cause you to have a seizure. For all he knows, the people who topped up the drink fountains put the wrong product under the wrong name, and it wasn't even the waitress who hosed up.

Having drunk regular coke and coke zero I can 100% taste the difference between them as can most people. This goes double for someone that is on a medical diet and only drinks zero.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Admiralty Flag posted:

In one of the postscripts: "Also I can’t taste the difference as I had covid last year and my taste has been “dulled” in a way"

Ok I missed that.

Still though it seems like a pretty big risk to take. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve ordered diet soda and gotten the regular stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Any self-respecting Mexican restaurant should have bottle of Jaritos sodas. Their orange soda is the best on the market. Smart n' Final also stocks them.

My dad always calls that place Fart n’ Smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

holtemon posted:

Not from /relationships but still a doozy. All the comments are saying she's out cheating on him during the 9 hour PTA meeting

It 100% reads like cheating lol.