Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Hooray new thread! Loving the classics. Does anyone have the story where the woman completely changes herself after marriage, because she thinks wives are supposed to be blonde, subservient, well-dressed and made-up Stepfords?

Ffffrrreeeesssshhh content, different kind of wife:

Had a fight with my (26m) wife (35f), didnt find out what was wrong until i checked the security cameras.

quote:

hey people of reddit, new account here because i dont want my wife to see this. so basically, im writing this because we recently had a fight, the biggest one our marriage has seen. it started on a sunday morning, i was just waking up and my wife was going to sleep after playing video games all night, which has become the norm. anyways, it all started when i heard her coming smashing down the hallway from our living room. this scared me a little but if im being honest that wasnt all bad (i take heavy tranquilisers to be able to sleep through her shounting). as i was saying the smashing wasnt bad because it actually woke me up the problems started when she somehow banged a corner off the door by slamming it open, than huffing down onto the bed. i asked what was up, she ignored me. instead she just said "shut the gently caress up and get ready for work". i was very taken aback by this and just got up like she said. it wasnt until i walked into the computer room that i realised why she was so upset. im sorry if this sounds trolly but its the truth. there was a putrid smell coming from the room and after looking i realised it was because there was throw up all over her keyboard. i was concerned of course when i first saw this. is my wife sick? i thought. i hurried back to the bedroom and asked her. this is when the climax of the fight happened. i walked in, asked her in a worried tone, are you ok? in response i got told to "gently caress off oval office" sorry for the language but thats what she said. i was worried that she was sick, but i didnt want to keep prodding so i left the room. i made my way to work as usual, and on the way there i remembered that i have cameras in the computer room that i use to watch my dog when nobodys home. it keeps recordings of moments of loud noises or motion, so i know it would have caught my wife being sick. anyways, on my lunchbreak i loaded up the app and found the moment it happned, and to be honest with you right now. i was shocked. my wife, after loosing what seemed to be a match of league of legends, screamed at the top of her lungs then kept screaming so hard she threw up. god bless my tranquilisers that i didnt hear this, but i saw the moment before she came thumping down the hallway, and in this moment she was tugging at her hair. she didnt even acknowledge the throw up. she punched her computer off and then made her way down the hallway. im in disbelief honestly, i didnt realise her gaming problem was this bad. she had always told me the long nights of gaming are due to her fear of the sun. i believed her, i didnt know it was because she played until she got so angry she got physically sick. this is where i come to you for advice, where can i possibly go from here. sorry for formatting, am on mobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

And a classic from two threads ago:

My girlfriend always pretends she is dead

quote:

Hey Reddit, I was hoping to get some advice about a problem I've been having with my SO.

First off, we are both 22 (M & F), finishing our last year of college. We've been together almost 6 months, and I really do adore her, aside from this one kind of weird behavioral trait. We have very similar interests, share many mutual friends, and get along on a day-to-day basis quite well.

The problem is that every few weeks, she gets it into her head that I don't appreciate her enough. I'll think everything is going well, and then out of the blue, she'll accuse me of taking her for granted. I really don't think this is the case, as I go out of my way to compliment her and say "I love you" almost every day.

Anyways, when this happens, she'll demand that we do this "couple-building activity" where she pretends she is dead. She'll light some candles, play "Amazing Grace" (the song they played at my grandfather's funeral a few years back), lay in bed, and cover herself with a sheet. Then I am supposed to kneel down and say some "last words" to her. She gets pissed if I don't cry, sometimes withholding sex as punishment.

I've always known that she has some self-esteem issues, but this seems a little much. I've tried talking to her about it, but she just gets defensive and says that this activity is necessary for me to grow emotionally and our relationship to grow stronger. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to lose her, but I can't keep mourning her death every few weeks.

So tell me Reddit, does this sound like normal behavior? How can I show her that I appreciate her without doing this activity?

tl;dr: My girlfriend doesn't think that I appreciate her enough, so every few weeks she makes us do a couple-building activity where she pretends to be dead while I give her eulogy.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Khizan posted:

Hopefully he was cremated.

They can still test to see if wife’s kids and mistress’ kids are half siblings.

Weeb friends sound awful, even apart from the 16 year old (which, yikes). I too would be cringing. Everyone can like what they like and do what they like, obviously, but everything has a time and place and a public park ain’t it, kids.

That said, I think it’s interesting that dude is totally ok with his gf’s hobbies, but reeeaaaallly wants to beat up dudes with the same hobbies (albeit more obnoxiously). This whole thing stinks of toxic masculinity imo, with women allowed to be childish while men must be MEN.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Barudak posted:

I don't really get the idea of a pregnancy fetish since the reason the act exists for heterosexual people is the whole impregnation thing. Its like saying you have a going places fetish when you're driving.

Some of these people get married and have 10+ kids. The rest of these people keep having sex with people who don’t want to be pregnant. Anecdotally, I had a friend who just thought pregnant women were the most beautiful women he’d ever seen, but absolutely did not want to get anyone pregnant.

Also REALLY loving trashcanpanda here. I, too, thoroughly enjoy the confused look on a white man’s face when it suddenly occurs to him that he is a white man and not the standard model of human from which all other demographics deviate (god I hope I phrased that coherently).

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Ah "I already know what people are gonna say" interruptor, aka the "I've literally never internalized the concept of projection" interruptor.

I’m prone to this too (working on it!), but I’m usually right :smug:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for invoicing my friend for 121 bucks after she pestered me for 17?

If OP hadn’t mentioned their friend is single, I would swear this was my husband’s former band mate. She once did this to him, over $4, in cash, on the way to a gig, where there were no in-network ATMs around. Which means she demanded that he not only give her $4, but that he pay $3 for the privilege of doing so. And before you say that he should have refused, remember that they were going onstage in half an hour, and she absolutely would have thrown a gig-ruining tantrum.

She also recently showed up to a group dinner while covid-positive without telling anyone. It was only after she was in the car on their way home that she sent a group message claiming that her dr’s office had just called her (at 10:00 pm on a Sunday) to tell her she had it.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

No, OP started therapy 4 months into their dad’s marriage and THEN their mom died 3.5 years later.

E: actually it’s pretty unclear, the phrasing could go either way. But you’re probably right going by the rest of the post. Sorry!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I mean flyingexecutive is correct in that it’s a felony in the eyes of the law. So why not file a police report and have her charged with a felony if the civil suit won’t get him the money anyway? Perhaps she and her lawyer would agree to a plea deal wherein thief sister sells all her assets to pay restitution, then her house wouldn’t be repossessed and sold below market rate.

Or just refuse any pleas and continue with the civil suit. After all, she doesn’t need that house or car if she’s in prison :taps head knowingly:

E:

Invisible Clergy posted:

r/relationships: It's only a felony in the eyes of the law.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I’m a WASP who went to hs in a pretty Italian part of New Jersey, and also a native Chicagoan, so while I have the tact to not use anti-white slurs in mixed company I will forever relish the opportunities I have to say wop, dago (greasy or regular), guinea, guido, eye-tie, hunky, bohunk, polack, mick, cabbage-eater, kraut, frog, russki and whatever else my friends of the targeted (white!) ethnicity think is funny when we are drunk together and loving around. I in turn accept whatever they throw at me, and I’ll also take anti-me-in-particular slurs from my friends who are POC with no tit to their tat. Slurs against white people are just really really funny.

No anti-semitism, that’s not funny for anyone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If I had an uncontrollable urge to chew on bits of metal I would simply carry a bit of metal on my person for when the urgin kicks in.

Perhaps I could even have it attached to my person as a decorative item for when I’m not chewing. Decorative bits of body metal, I’m sure there’s a business there.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Luckily it was my first post in this new thread! Here ya go, Fatkraken.

Had a fight with my (26m) wife (35f), didnt find out what was wrong until i checked the security cameras.

quote:

hey people of reddit, new account here because i dont want my wife to see this. so basically, im writing this because we recently had a fight, the biggest one our marriage has seen. it started on a sunday morning, i was just waking up and my wife was going to sleep after playing video games all night, which has become the norm. anyways, it all started when i heard her coming smashing down the hallway from our living room. this scared me a little but if im being honest that wasnt all bad (i take heavy tranquilisers to be able to sleep through her shounting). as i was saying the smashing wasnt bad because it actually woke me up the problems started when she somehow banged a corner off the door by slamming it open, than huffing down onto the bed. i asked what was up, she ignored me. instead she just said "shut the gently caress up and get ready for work". i was very taken aback by this and just got up like she said. it wasnt until i walked into the computer room that i realised why she was so upset. im sorry if this sounds trolly but its the truth. there was a putrid smell coming from the room and after looking i realised it was because there was throw up all over her keyboard. i was concerned of course when i first saw this. is my wife sick? i thought. i hurried back to the bedroom and asked her. this is when the climax of the fight happened. i walked in, asked her in a worried tone, are you ok? in response i got told to "gently caress off oval office" sorry for the language but thats what she said. i was worried that she was sick, but i didnt want to keep prodding so i left the room. i made my way to work as usual, and on the way there i remembered that i have cameras in the computer room that i use to watch my dog when nobodys home. it keeps recordings of moments of loud noises or motion, so i know it would have caught my wife being sick. anyways, on my lunchbreak i loaded up the app and found the moment it happned, and to be honest with you right now. i was shocked. my wife, after loosing what seemed to be a match of league of legends, screamed at the top of her lungs then kept screaming so hard she threw up. god bless my tranquilisers that i didnt hear this, but i saw the moment before she came thumping down the hallway, and in this moment she was tugging at her hair. she didnt even acknowledge the throw up. she punched her computer off and then made her way down the hallway. im in disbelief honestly, i didnt realise her gaming problem was this bad. she had always told me the long nights of gaming are due to her fear of the sun. i believed her, i didnt know it was because she played until she got so angry she got physically sick. this is where i come to you for advice, where can i possibly go from here. sorry for formatting, am on mobile

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Wait what? There is no indication that the roommates are native. Unless :thejoke:

For the record, if the roommates are indeed entitled and rude,I think they should be invited but have to make food and/or help clean up, as any host would. OTOH it’s not clear if they’ve even indicated they WANT to attend, it’s entirely likely OP is obnoxious and tedious to the point where the roommates would avoid it altogether on their own.

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 18, 2021

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

uh, did you read it?

the op didn't say anything about the roommates being entitled or rude, op says they live respectfully. I'd bet dollars to donuts the roommates don't even know anything about this dinner yet

op is calling commenters on Reddit entitled and rude for reminding him that the spirit of the holiday is literally sharing food. One of the commenters said they were native American

I did read it, that’s why I offered a solution for either wild assumption we and reddit are making. And I said there was no evidence the roommates were native. Did you read my post?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Is there any reason they couldn’t just get a nice mini-urn for the living twin and split up the ashes? Or even better, get two and split his ashes between the three households? Or would that condemn the dead twin to wander the realm of the living until his earthly remains are made whole etc etc

E: haha, beaten by seconds! And by a newly-crowned IK, at that!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I love the wholesome ones sometimes.
Way to go, op! I hope she keeps kicking rear end at life :3:

Yes but also…

quote:

I also got into Jordan Peterson youtube lectures

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah, can we not do estranged parents forums posts here? There’s already a whole thread for that, and it’s a bummer for most and highly upsetting for some when it gets posted here. Historically, it turns this thread into Goon Therapy rather than Reddit mockery. Seriously, please stop.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Cool Dad posted:

I haven't seen that happen, and I enjoy the occasional insane parent. Maybe people could make it clear when posts are from estranged parents at the top so people who aren't interested can skip them?

That’s the whole reason the other thread was created in the first place. And may I suggest that if you enjoy those posts you go to the thread for them, rather than reading them here in the thread specifically for other things?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

r/relationships: she pretended I ate a spider, so I pretended I cheated on her

I actually managed to guess correctly before reading the spoiler. Mixed feelings about being.

Anyway she should accept and keep the gift, and then dump her bf. Those things aren't cheap.

r/relationships: mixed feelings about being.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

She’s his mommy now, no one wants to see their mommy naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Barudak posted:

I mean, he sounds like a shitter, but hyphenated or extremely long names are problems on forms in most countries globally so from a pure child's quality of life I'd recommend avoiding that. Of course my solution would have been to pick out your own new joint last name or give the child a completely unique identifier, but you know, we wouldn't be here if they did that.

What? Where are hyphenated last names a real problem? Spanish-speaking countries have bonkers long names, and I’ve had a hyphenated last name in the USA with almost no problems. Sometimes a form will have the names smooshed together, or sometimes it’ll be [thirdname], [firstname secondname] but it’s never caused a situation that couldn’t be easily resolved or ignored.