Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just suspend your disbelief and pretend every post is 100% fact

also it's probably more fun to have loose derail guidelines where the derail either naturally fizzles out or the aforementioned IK just starts chaingunning sixers if it gets too annoying, because what is SA if not a place to embiggen your rap sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

you're all missing the worst part of the story: having to wait 2 days to make your own coffee

this leaves only 2 options, buying 2 days worth of starbucks's and keeping them in your fridge until needed or eating spoonfuls of coffee grounds with breakfast

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pentyne posted:

Wasn't there an AAM about some middle manager who organized a happy hour or something, was encouraging everyone to eat some weed edibles, then surprised then with a drug test the next day?

I remember reading one where some middle manager encouraged everyone in the zoom meeting to day-drink and then fired a bunch of them for drinking on the clock

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Alchenar posted:

Honestly I'm willing to forgive a lot in that story on the basis of '18 year old living alone for the first time' because everyone has hosed up something that's pretty straightforward in adult life just because its their first time on encountering that thing, but getting home safe, reflecting on the encounter, and *still* calling the police really is something.

growing up I wasn't allowed to wash dishes so the first time I got my own place + dishwasher I loaded it up and then dumped half a bottle of liquid dish soap into it (just upturned bottle, blasting liquid dish soap all over the plates and whatnot)

sometimes when I close my eyes I still see the foam

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

YTA. He's under no obligation to provide you with a list of what does and does not give him a boner. You, however, are under social obligation to not make your living arrangement awkward as gently caress by walking around half naked in front of people.

Not necessarily. There's a whole bunch of reasons why a bisexual man would define himself as "gay" and I think that's likely to be the case here. I don't buy this guy being some sort of mastermind who lied about his sexuality in the hope that OP and her cousin were weirdos who think it's fine to wander around half naked in shared housing.

I don't know how I feel about the op yet but there's one really good reason for bisexual people to define themselves as whatever is the standard for their current relationship:

a lot of people have really, REALLY lovely opinions about bisexuals and would love to share those opinions at length if given any opportunity

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Zurtilik posted:

My (30M) girlfriend's (24F) anime-geek friends (M29-34) drive me crazy and frankly, I want to beat them

this guys girlfriend and her friends are rad

what does she see in him

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I missed the 16 year olds bit but to my defense why read when u can post

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if i saw a bunch of anime goons in full costume having an anime swordfight in the streets i'd honestly just sit and watch for awhile, hootin and hollerin at not only their anime fighting prowess but the fact that they have 50000x my confidence

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Zurtilik posted:

Vin Diesel is a turbo nerd and made a movie about his loving Dungeons and Dragons character.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618442/

edit: also pretty sure his nerdiness played a significant role in the story progression of the riddick franchise

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Bee posted:

Was there ever an update to Timothy?

this isn't what u want but judging by your username this is what u need:

AITA (21F) For Destroying My Sister’s (26F) Bee Colony?

quote:

Throwaway because the last thing I want is more drama during quarantine.

So sorry if I mess up any bee terminology. I’m not a beekeeper, annnnd my sister’s hobby-turned-obsession has put me off basically for a lifetime.

It all started when the shelter-in-place came down in my state. I didn’t want to stay confined to a dorm, and since my sister has a house, I was happy to crash with her when she offered.

Here’s where it gets messy.

My sister is a beekeeper as a “hobby.” It’s never bothered me before. But when coronavirus started spreading in our city, my sister started to get paranoid. Not paranoid about OUR health, mind you, but the health of her *bee colony.*

First she was afraid that predatory animals might come in and disrupt her bee colony to get the honey (I guess they’re getting bolder with less people outside).

Then it got weirder. She started telling me that she was worried her bees might get COVID. She said that the virus started in bats, so who was to say it wouldn’t infect her bees? I thought she was joking at first, but it became clear that she wasn’t.

That’s when she started talking about bringing her bee colony INSIDE the house. More specifically, MY BATHROOM. She asked me if I would be comfortable not using the guest bathroom and using her bathroom instead… because bees.

Like any reasonable person, I told her hell no. It sounded terrifying to have a room filled with bees attached to where I was sleeping. Especially because there’s no evidence to suggest that her bees are in any danger in the first place?? If I had known I was going to be rooming with a literal bee colony, I NEVER would’ve left my dorm in the first place.

Besides, why couldn’t she keep them in HER bathroom?

She then brought me netting to drape over my bed (she called this a “compromise”), and removed the shower door to make space for the bee colony (yes, seriously). I started to panic, of course. I felt like my only option was to somehow get rid of the bees before they moved into the bathroom.

So a few nights ago I went and knocked over the hive house/box thing with a broom and then ran like HELL. I figured I could blame it on one of the animals. And at least by knocking down her hive, they would scatter and go someplace else rather than being killed.

Well, she figured out it was me. She said that if it had been an animal, the animal would’ve tried to take the honey and rifled through the hive… instead it was untouched. So she can logic her way through that, but still thinks bees can get COVID. Okay.

Now she won’t speak to me. Worse, she emailed (EMAILED!) to tell me that I have to find someplace else to stay, AND I have to pay for the damage to the hive, and she CC’d my dad and stepmom on the email.

The entire family is now furious with me.

I get that what I did wasn’t exactly nice, but AITA?

tl;dr I destroyed my sister’s bee colony because she wanted to keep it in my bathroom, and now everyone in my family is pissed.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Piell posted:

AITA for no longer letting boyfriend eat what I cook after he rated my food infront of my family?

i'm also a cooking constructor

give me a minute to finish this post, i'm almost done baking a house (the crust is load bearing)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Scaevolus posted:

AITA for telling my GF's daughter she's not my daughter so don't expect me to pay?

OPs " I absolutely don't voluntarily gently caress with any kind of police" shirt is raising a lot of questions already answered by his shirt

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im no expert but i think if it says F in the post it means she's a lady

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ops husband is basically a dollar store inigo montoya knockoff

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

two people can be poo poo at the same time

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

don't mind me, just employing nothing but endless security guards for my shop

if u can escape my henchmen u get to keep those pizza rolls but beware! every time u succeed it becomes harder to escape because pizza rolls are very high in calories

edit: we don't sell workout supplements because a fit customer is a non-paying customer

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Mx. posted:

AITA for accommodating only one of my daughters?

this part near the end is the worst:

quote:

I'm a little hurt by Susan's silence.
good thing you're only a little hurt, we wouldn't want you to feel too bad about making GBS threads all over one of your kids for no reason

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Mx. posted:

info: was it a megaman comic?

my first guess was probably the same megaman comic you're thinking, second guess was a lovely knockoff of 8-bit theater

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

teen witch posted:

My hair is red probe incoming

???

???????????????????????????

edit: enhance

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Baronjutter posted:

What sort of person waits hours for someone who's late? 10 min? 15 min? maybe 30 if they let you know they're running late but still coming. But hours!!?

a kid expecting to be picked up from tee-ball practice

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

cumshitter posted:

Like do the parents think they can just say "Yeah I'm straight now" and the other students will just role with it? I get the feeling it's more for them.

probably hoping they'll just say "yeah i'm straight now" and then spontaneously become straight, people like those parents often seem to think that anything that isn't 100% hetero is "just a phase"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what kind of rube doesn't have at least a dozen burner emails for signing up for stupid garbage

im not giving my real email to some lovely private wow server and im definitely not giving my real email to reddit

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

technically filling someone's voicemail with screaming is peaceful once the inbox fills up all the way

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Cerepol posted:

I don't understand what's wing with just bringing your own? Is it considered some tactical insult in some guest rules book?

I know i like tea and am kinda weird so i just bring my own stuff, then as long as i can get boiled water i'm good.

one of my friends always brings coffee over because we both agree that mine is basically paint thinner

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

teen witch posted:

No this is an actual no poo poo HIPAA violation and fully deserves to be reported. It’s super dangerous to reveal medical info like that, and if she’s doing it this time she’s going to do it again. Furthermore, I believe there’s liability for the practice as a whole if the OBs office does nothing about it, so you nip it at this level immediately.

Everyone has the right to medical privacy and to control who knows when. The receptionist violated this, and should suffer repercussions as is standard.

you're right but it might be worse than "she's probably gonna do it again", there's a very good chance that this isn't the first time she's done this

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Olewithmilk posted:

I pour food directly from the pan into my mouth, no fuss, no muss.

i used to do this with mac and cheese in college

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what sort of rube would want to be spiderman when you could instead be doctor strange

not like 12 or however old spiderman is, all the benefits of being ironman (high mobility, incomprehensible attacks, unlimited booze) but ur sidekick is a cape and your house is brimming with "magical artifacts" that you bought off of etsy

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

spouse posted:

This is the first story I've read where someone described a person as "conventionally attractive" where they weren't the rear end in a top hat.

Congrats OP for breaking barriers.

Also lmao yes ban weddings.

I had no idea wtf it meant before my wife explained to me that conventionally attractive means the person in question would be fine to photograph/film for use in advertising for the average product marketed towards the average demographic in a given geographical region and it blew my mind, basically regional inoffensively attractive people

like the vanilla ice cream of hotties

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pentyne posted:

holy poo poo overseas hotels come with stoves in the room?

those exist in north america, it's just been my experience that you have to specifically ask because not all hotels have 'em and most people don't want 'em. I used to travel a lot to absolutely garbage nowhere towns for work and having a way to prepare your own food is necessary to maintain sanity and a healthy weight because otherwise you're spending the next several weeks eating nothing but bugers and whatever the truck stop / gas station has

one place had a full stove+oven setup but the rest had those little induction cooktops with no oven and there was usually a random assortment of cookware and utensils. you want to pack your own cooking tools though because otherwise you could find yourself in a situation where you've got to somehow prepare food using a whisk and a pot lid

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm pretty sure my wife could kick my rear end, she's tiny but she's scrappy

it actually owns, idk what that guys problem is

edit: we've never actually fought, this is all hypothesizing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

8one6 posted:

Not the rear end in a top hat.

I'm again baffled by people who just give out keys to family members "just in case".

my parents insisted that i needed copies of their house keys, I think it's from back in the day when it was socially acceptable to drop by unannounced for a coffee or w/e

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

darkwasthenight posted:

To start with it's generally so you can get in if they're away and there's a house issue. After they get to a certain age it becomes so you don't have to kick the door down to recover whatever is left after the cats have finished eating 'em. Elderly neighbours with no local relatives will do it for the same reason (AMA ABOUT FINDING A BODY).

holy poo poo

edit: honestly they're real old so you're more than likely right about the cat thing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

therobit posted:

LOL it still is socially acceptable for people who aren’t shut-ins.

i'm a raging extrovert and if someone tried this i'd be super ruffled

edit: this is more than likely heavily regional too

blatman fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 28, 2022

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've never been asked to hold someone's house key in case of emergency, but my lockpick set seems to get me through just fine

this is the lockpicking lawyer, what I have for you today is the back door of my in-laws house

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Evil Willow posted:

Boyfriend (M36) told me (F25) that he NEEDS to sow “wild oats”

I love a good Petra story!

im disappointed that this wasn't a "open the relationship then get way less sex than my partner" story AND disappointed that he didn't want to start an oat farm

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the only reasonable complaint a man should have about buying period products is that it's unlikely we've kept up with any random packaging changes that have been pushed to shelves - my wifes little square packets used to be pink now they're blue apparently??? why is "panty liners" wrong but "pads" is okay just tell me on the dang box which one she uses

edit: this is also a problem with hair products, the list has "hair goop" on it but theres hundreds of hair goops

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for taking long showers?

while monopolizing the one shower is kind of a dink move this part here reads like there's a lot more going on:

quote:

it's like my "safe place", and the only place where I can feel calm and forget about things that are bothering me for a second.

without having more info it kinda sounds like an introvert stuck in a household of extroverts where even their bedroom isn't private so they have nowhere to disconnect and recharge their social battery

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Midnight Voyager posted:

Uh, they say he does it because he "wants to start a fight" and "wants to bother them." Without having more info, it sounds like an abusive situation where parents are trying to obliterate every ounce of his personal space and privacy.

yeah that's also enormous red flags, I looked at his comment history and i'm worried he's going to take all the "YTA op stop hogging shower" comments to heart. one of his replies is him explaining that he asked his parents to get him a therapist and they refused, that comment currently has -4 upvotes because virtually everything he's posted has negative upvotes

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

unlike wheat over there my kids are gluten free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i had a theory about the safe guy story so i shared it with my wife and we both had the exact opposite takes on it

i figured "safe" meant "flanders-ized, neutered" and was offensive, she figured "safe" meant "reliable and long-term-relationship material" and was awesome

it seems like that story is a land of contrasts and you should not, under any circumstances, play those stupid games while drinking

edit: she just added this:
"I think the 'safe' split is the result of something like toxic masculinity - men have to go fight poo poo and tear trees down with their fists to be real men - so being described as 'safe' is like being called a beta male"

blatman fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 10, 2022