Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Zurtilik posted:

Wife finds me repugnant

Mostly a sad tale. But I lost it at "Told I look like Tom Brady."

Dead ringer, but for the inflated balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Just giggling at the boss nodding along with HR "how dare you drink a beer!”

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

I work at a zoo, and sometimes smell atrocious after work, so bad that stores won't even let me in! My boyfriend seems to absolutely love the smell though...what does that mean?

This seems to a best case scenario for someone who will be working with wild animal piss as a career.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

My wife and I both have professions tied to our name so we solved the kids name by jamming our last names together. We were lucky in that the first four letters of my name and the last five letters of her name worked out to a roughly normal looking/sounding last name.

There's no rules you can name a kid what ever you want.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Depends on the kid, really. My son has always bruised if you even just look at him funny, but I have known other kids who can just absolutely eat it onto concrete and not bruise.

While some kids bruise more easily than others, location plays a huge role in whether or not a bruise is concerning or not. Bruising where one expects bruising, shins, arms, etc. are fine because they're all a little bit of soft tissue right next to a bone. Of course blood vessels are going to ooze on impact because they're getting squished. Neck (or butt) bruising is a huge red flag because it's all soft tissue which either means you provided two hard surfaces (think fingers squeezing around a neck) or provided a whole lot of force.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

There's a certain sunset of rockin' dudes that will go to war over their lovely dogs. Usually when the cops are involved it's the fifth incident, plus and even then the solution is "go get an anti-bark collar/better latch for your gate, show me the receipt and we'll dismiss the ticket" and oh man is that just trampling on freedoms.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

pentyne posted:

Calling yourself a hardcore Christian then playing a game with magic and demons is very much the "pick and choose" style of what religious rules you want to follow.

The gently caress?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Cythereal posted:

My BF[28m] caused my[24f] parents to file for divorce

The tale of the stone and nuke.

E: boyfriend is correct. That relationship was already doomed and all he did was hasten the inevitable.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 23, 2021

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Barudak posted:

I don't really get the idea of a pregnancy fetish since the reason the act exists for heterosexual people is the whole impregnation thing. Its like saying you have a going places fetish when you're driving.

Sometimes it's nice to drive around the block, op.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

There is no way on earth a real lawyer wrote that child support demand.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

No! No she is not an rear end in a top hat for not giving her friend eggs! For those of you who don’t know egg donation is a ton more complex, you have to take hormones to fool your body into “thinking” it’s pregnant and it’s a multi-month process, it’s why people can get into the 10s of thousands sometimes because it’s so much more invasive, involved, and life-altering.

ETA: and of course the guidelines are incredibly strict so the health issues OP mentions would probably disqualify her anyway!

I'm curious if the health issues are a thing that genetic testing can reveal, or a more general concern. Not that it matters if eggmom isn't on board.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

RatHat posted:

My friends don’t respect my relationship and keep encouraging me to cheat. I don’t know how to make them stop

Uh why are you friends with these scumbags?

This reads like it was written as proof of an alibi.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

E, fb

OP was the rear end in a top hat through and through.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

tl;dr: boyfriend's brother killed boyfriend's pet parrot that their grandfather gave him through negligence and boyfriend will be home in a week and is on a warpath, what can I do?
[/b]

Prepare a nice cool compress for Roy's knuckles.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I would entertain a swerve where dad hosed up, forgot the window, and finally finds some upside in raising a fuckup.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

If anyone here needs spite to improve your life, please know that it will make me real mad irl.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Sisal Two-Step posted:

You don't understand, it's her special super princess magic day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bride is in a weird position because unlike most of the random complaints we see (bridesmaid is wearing glasses AAACK!), a noticeable body transformation through effort of will is absolutely going to be a headline. She also can't get mad at it without being a huge douche.

The diplomatic solution is probably to expand the rehearsal dinner to anyone who would notice and let the oohs and ahhs come out then but maybe that also a very important special day!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It's not unwinnable, if you're crazyyou care enough.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for exposing my parents' favoritism

From my own experience as the eldest child with a four year younger brother, a lot of the favoritism I noticed was only possible because of the purchasing power upgrade that comes from reducing the household by one.

Me loving off to the Army for my college money was the reason they my folks could afford my little brother's. I suppose I was a bit salty about that at 18, but it all worked out in the end!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

while that does occur, the OP's case sounds more like the sad by typical occurrence of: one kid was a bit more independent/responsible and one needed more 'help', so the parents would prioritize support on the latter child, which makes sense in a vacuum but what that actually ends up doing is leaving the 'responsible' kid high-and-dry in crises since 'they can take care of themselves' while the gently caress-up got constantly bailed out and seeds resentment with the non-favored child that they're just expected to be able to take care of themselves while for their sibling it's simply understood that they 'can't' and they get saved

that's basically what the whole Golden Child dynamic is. One kid gets treated as somehow more delicate and favored over the other 'tougher' child, who is expected to simply buck up and make due since it's seen as in their nature to do so.

Oh yeah, my younger brother was a moody fuckup from birth but he demonstrated an aptitude for math and was designated as the "smart one." Unfortunately he got real into weed and booze in conjunction with manifesting bipolar so he totalled his nice truck and my old shitbox on his way to flaming out of college.

It's weird how the whole thing managed to engrain an aversion to family help. I can't imagine ever asking them for anything.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I was briefly married to a friend of mine when I was in the Army and it owned. I got to get a sweet apartment off post and a travel buddy/wingwoman, she got some spending money and a two year vacation in Italy. BAH pays for two bedrooms. We didn't gently caress each other, maintained the lie at three or four mandatory fun events a year and divorced as friends.

A++ would recommend.

Back in the bad old don't ask, don't tell days it was quite common for people to couple up as mutual beards.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

welcome to hell posted:

My (m34) pregnant wife’s (f26) male friend (m27) threatened me and told ME he loves her

What a loving baby. Super stoked he has a position of authority.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Just add "with manager - 1000 points" to the sheet
Obvs

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Reminder that in the U.S. one can have insurance that covers damage to people you hit without carrying coverage for the car or it's occupants.

Even if the car wasn't insured at all, liability insurance is the responsibility of the driver, not the owner.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Maybe if this happened more often cats would straighten up and fly right.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Gonna hug my problematic boy a little closer tonight...until he starts scratching.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I think I had a stroke

AITA for wanting a grocery store employee fired because I feel uncomfortable?

Let me start by saying — I would never gently caress with someone’s job for no reason. Jobs feed mouths. I would never take away someone’s ability to survive, so I thought…

For about a month now every week I go to the local grocery store. I am followed to my car by an employee, every single time. I normally get bad vibes and scurry to my car and leave quickly. He is a very heavy guy and I am much quicker than him.

One time I went to the store with my husband, but he waited in the car. Employee followed me out, but then ran away when he saw my husband.

Anyways, I decided I was being a dick. It was probably just coincidence that he followed me every time, right?

So I take my time. I try not to feel stalked. I get in my car. Start it and take a sip of my drink.

Now buddy is at my window motioning for me to roll it down, and I do.

He proceeds to tell me

“Bless you. Bless you. Seriously bless you” and I’m like — what??

He then points at my boobs, and says “Happy birthday to ME”.

Im uncomfortable and go to drive away as he yells “IM A BABY!!” And starts sucking an imaginary pacifier (or boob lol)

Now I don’t like to think of myself as a “Karen” or a prude, but… the next day I go into the store to report him to management. As soon as I walk in, he is there “Happy birthday to me”

I report him. The manager just doesn’t seem to give a gently caress. “I’ll talk to him” he says. So I decided to say “cool, I’ll talk to him with you” - even though I was super nervous about confronting him, I knew he would have NO consequences otherwise.

So I go to him with the manager, tell him what he did wasn’t appropriate and that he scares me when he follows me to my car. He says to say “I’m sorry but the bakery line was so long” (???) and the manager cuts him off and tells him “I don’t care, don’t do it again”

And that’s that. He is still an employee, and I don’t feel comfortable shopping at my favorite store anymore. I’m scared he may act aggressively and even if he doesn’t, I feel…awkward.

AITA for thinking he should have lost his job?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

AITA for being upset over a hypothetical scenario

So my fiancée (M) sent me (F) an instagram post that asked ‘would you choose to be Spider-Man for 5 years but you die at the end of the 5 years, or live your normal life’ and said that he would choose to be Spider-Man for 5 years. (The fact that it’s spider-man is going to make this sound silly but bear with me)

This broke my heart because I personally would not trade anything for the rest of our lives together, and up to this point I believed he felt the same (based on his words, not my assumption). This lead to me breaking down and eventually suggesting that we just be friends, I know this is quite drastic but I felt betrayed and like I would rather find someone who felt the same way about me as I do about them. A sort of ‘I wouldn’t trade you for the world’ relationship; which I know exists because it’s how I feel about him.

After thinking for some time I have decided that I would like to continue our relationship no matter if he feels less dramatically about me as I do him. I feel as though I can forget the hypothetical and carry on as usual (and be just a little bit less sure about the relationship).

Despite this, I tried to explain my point of view further, to see if he had changed his mind. He explained that when answering the question he didn’t think about me but rather just his own life individually, however he still does not seem to understand my point of view and has stated that he is now only undecided on his answer to the original hypothetical.

He is upset with me over the situation and is now ignoring me.

I do love him a lot, and we are kind of perfect together, but this has seriously hurt my feelings.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for perpetuating the whole situation?

Update: he texted me ‘I don't want to talk about it anymore, I think we should be friends’.

Edit: I’m aware that it is unreasonable but it did hurt my feelings. I also don’t think anyone can begin to understand from a text post. I’m not crazy and I’m not blinded by my emotions, this is mostly a distraction from how much pain I’m in currently because of my own idiot self.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

What kind of racist enjoys Taco Tuesday?

AITA for engaging in "racist microaggressions" at work over food?

I (28F) have been working at my company for three years with great reviews and no other issues until very recently. My office has about 15 people but only 7 of us are currently working in the office (the rest are working remotely). Two weeks ago, a new person (25F - will call her NP) started, also working in the office as the receptionist.

We are lucky to work in a neighborhood that has a lot of great restaurants. I am a big fan of different cuisines and love getting takeout from a number of the places or even going out to eat when kkI can take enough of a break. (The company encourages people to take a full hour or even a bit more is okay, I am not slacking or leaving anyone else to do my work for me when doing this.)

Because NP is the receptionist, it is normal to chat with her a bit (she initiates the conversations) when coming and going from the office. Last week, I was on my way to lunch when she asked where I was going. I said I was "craving the tandoori salmon from [restaurant]" and going to get some and would she like anything while I was out? She said no and looked upset for a minute, but I didn't think too much of it and went on my way. When I came back to the office after lunch, she asked me to stay at the front desk because she wanted to talk to me and she just came out and said that she was "horribly offended" by the way I talked about my lunch. That I was engaging in cultural appropriation and a racist microaggression by "craving" Indian food because "craving" implied I was fetishizing it. I was really shocked but apologized and said I would be more sensitive with my language.

I have mostly steered clear of her since then. I even brought my lunch the next couple days and then on Monday we had a team lunch. But yesterday I decided to take advantage of the Taco Tuesday special at my favorite local Mexican place. I wasn't planning to discuss this with NP but she overheard me when I was talking to other coworkers about lunch plans during a coffee break. She marched over to me and started yelling at me about being racist and that another person's food and culture are not a marketing gimmick. Then she went and make a complaint to HR about how I am creating a hostile work environment and now I am under investigation (suspended without pay, which is the standard for people accused of such things).

I should add that both NP and I are white. The Indian restaurant is owned/operated by Indian immigrants and the Mexican place is owned by a Mexican family. My other coworkers are a variety of races but not Indian or Latinx.

So, AITA for enjoying foods from other cultures and from talking about it the way I did? I thought enjoying other cuisines is cultural appreciation, not appropriation, but I'm open to feedback.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Talk poo poo, get hit.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

thunderspanks posted:

Roommate wants to bring home transient

I would like to submit to the jury that this is in r/RelationshipsOver35

Board that puppy and let the man gently caress.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Neat to see one of these go the other way

AITA for not letting my parents see my kids anymore?

Myself and my wife decided last month that after a few months of limited contact and me not engaging with my mom asking to see the kids (age 2 and 6) it’s time to go full no contact.

Me and my wife both work full time, so over the pandemic my parents would have the kids when we needed or if we wanted to go away for a weekend.

They were great with the kids but my dad hates my wife so it was difficult for us to see eye to eye and we couldn’t attend family parties together only me and the kids as the friction was too much.

This May my mom took the kids camping one weekend as my wife and I had a trip planned, my dad didn’t go at the last minute as he was sick so my mom took one of my teenage nephews in his place to help. I didn’t mind but my wife was angry about my mom not telling us about my nephew going and said it wasn’t fair that our kids weren’t getting her full attention. I didn’t think much of it but since then she suggested the kids stop going over incase my mom does things like this again, takes them places we don’t agree without our consent etc.

My mom messaged me a few days later asking when the kids would be coming over next and I didn’t know how to respond so I just ignored the message thinking my wife would come around in a few days, but my wife said she wouldn’t be happy with them going again at all as we can’t trust my parents anymore.

I told this to my mom and she was furious, she didn’t think she’d done anything wrong. We had an argument and a lot of past issues came up such as previous fights I’d had with my sister, my dads previous abuse towards me (he’s an alcoholic) and his hatred towards my wife. My mom implied I was making it all up and that this shouldn’t stop us from seeing the kids especially as they’re so young and she looks after them when we’re working etc (guilt trip). I brought up that my dad favours my sisters kids (older than mine) and gives them money, spends time with them, while mine are neglected and probably abused by him like I was (I shouldn’t of said it but I was so angry). She was shocked, didn’t know what to say and asked me to leave. I let it cool off (didn’t message her or my dad) and was waiting for an apology when my mom came over and told me my wife was driving a wedge between us, as long as I was married to her I wasn’t welcome in their house, they would be cutting me out of their will and leaving all their money to my siblings and their kids (confirming my suspicions that they prefer my sister and her kids) - but they would still have the children for us and would like to be a part of their lives so would be setting up a ‘trust fund’ for them.

This was the last straw and cemented that they didn’t care about my family only themselves. I was so angry I told my mom I never want to see or speak to her again, and she’ll never see the kids again.

I might cool off but I know my wife doesn’t want them to be in their lives anymore so we have decided to go full no contact.

AITA?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I demand virgin breastmilk for my grandchild!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

teen witch posted:

My neighbors want to build a sex trafficking rehab “under the radar”

I'd normally bitch about NIMBY assholes ruining everything, but an "under the radar" facility addressing "sex trafficking" in TYOOL 2021 America is 100% going to be a QAnon Yehawdi training center.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

elder millennials

+2 against advertising
Critical weakness to TikTok

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

MagusofStars posted:

Wait, what does everyone want a part of the ashes for? :psyduck:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I (25F) want to break up with my terminally ill boyfriend (29M)

My (37f) terminally ill child(8m)'s Make A Wish was for a better family.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Gnoman posted:

The anti-Italian slur that begins with a G is probably the one that is also an iconic Mario enemy.

Or the name "Guido."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

cumshitter posted:

AITA for reminding my half-sister of my existance

NAH, but if she decided to be one, I'm on her side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The minor children in this story have a point about privacy, but if you are an adult and someone else is providing and managing your phone that pretty much goes out the window. Do these people also watch porn on their work phones then complain when their employer can see their browsing history?

I have a late stage toddler so I'm not there yet, but I think my ideal parenting app would have

1. location service but not snitch to me unless and until I hit a panic button that also let the kid know that I looked it up.
2. a panic button on their end that immediately sent their location.

It's a weird parenting moment when you realize you're kid is too honest and that deceit is a legitimate and necessary social skill.