Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
whoop

bring on all the dysfunctionals!

kntfkr posted:

Everyone below this post is an rear end in a top hat.

*ahem* boom.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

Yeah, this is the thing that tips it from being an outrageously stupid crossing of boundaries to being just straight up abuse. If it were my kid I would have been in jail that night. I don’t know how she can even speak to her mom after defending that.

Gramps is a total dick. I don't have kids, and extreme limited experience around little ones, but don't they bruise like bananas? Or, is it the opposite where they have like super human resistant to bruising? For whatever unknown, uneducated reason, I assumed they would bruise if you poke them hard.

To be clear, not even saying it was an okay thing to do, and I hope they die alone, and G-ma should be cut off, too. more curious about the physiology of the little human involved.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Depends on the kid, really. My son has always bruised if you even just look at him funny, but I have known other kids who can just absolutely eat it onto concrete and not bruise.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

Uh, not quite like a banana. That’s more like an old person on blood thinners. Like, some kids bruise easily, but even with that you should never put your hands on a kid in such a way as to bruise them unless maybe wrestling/roughhousing with a much older kid, and then bruises would still be a sign that you need to tone it down. If he had been at all gentle the kid wouldn’t have bruises. In my state leaving marks that last longer than 24 hours is the state’s definition of the line between physical discipline and physical abuse, which this absolutely was. The kid is only a year old.

gotcha. as I said, I was just ignorant in the little human subject.

Did I land in the "friend zone?

quote:

*Correction: I used the phrase "friend zone", which I dont really use because I find it derogative but apparently most people thinking the same(luckily). So when I say "friend zone" I mean a situation when in a friendship one wants to escalate to a romantic relationship but the other not really recognise it because the nature of their relationship. Please handle it that way in my post even though it has a different interpretation in every day use. Thanks

So its not a relationship(yet?) but it might cut the mustard for this sub. Im looking for advice or just opinions from you guys.

Due to my work, I(M30) travel a lot and sleep in hotels. The last 4 months I was working in the same area so I took the same place to stay overnight. There is this girl(31), who works as a receptionist/barista in the hotel. We got to know each other quite well and started to form a friendship sort of thing. In the last few weeks she started to message me quite a lot and calls me on her way home every now and then. I think I developed kind of a crush on her but she just recently broke up from a 4 years old relationship. She often talks to me about her feelings after the breakup and ask for my opinion, which I always listen to and try to comfort her. When Im being flirty she doesn't really get it (or Im just admittedly bad at flirting as well as reading the signs). I dont want to be pushy, I know how hard it is to process the end of a longer relationship even if it wasn't too great but I really like her. The way she talks to me and the subjects we often talk about makes me think she takes me as a friend and a friend only. How could I find out if that's the case or not? (yeah I know asking is the obvious thing to do but I feel I would ruin our friendship if she doesn't feel the same and I don't want to do that)

TLDR: Indirect way to find out if someon put you in the "froend zone" if you don't feel like bluntly asking?

Thanks in advance

Posted mainly for the bolded part. Is "..for this sub" the ending of that saying? I've never seen it.
Plus, i wanted to contribute something. I read some stupid sad ones looking for one.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Inexperienced, just looking for advice if anyone has some.

quote:

Little background for reference: I (29M) have a soft and feminine side that I typically keep to myself. Wear womens underwear daily, and while I'm home sometimes leggings or yoga pants, and only occasionally dress up more, but never to fully pass as a women.

So... I just started dating a new girl (28F) recently, but I don't know how and am scared to introduce that feminine side to her. Do yall have any experiences with that?

Should I just wear my normal panties, own it, and drop some of the news first time we have sex? Or wait a while, and open up slowly about the details over a longer time frame? However, the longer I decide to wait, the harder it feels to get those things out. But at the same time, I don't want to scare her off by revealing too much too quickly.

TLDR: Dating new girl. Wondering when I can or should share certain intimate details.

Fav comment?

quote:

Tbh I would take cue from the late artist formerly known as Prince… he’s very feminine and he gets women like crazy.

I mean he’s sexy AF, yet he dresses very feminine.

Not fair of me to assume, but I don't think many people can pull of the Prince look, unless you're Prince.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Pretty sure he's saying it might cut the mustard (meet the standards) for this sub (for this subreddit).

loving :lol:. I thought a sandwich

i'm very dense, sometimes.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Woodchip posted:

Im pregnant and my husband is driving me nuts.

as far as diet, isn't it pretty much eat whatever you want? Besides like sushi, and a few other random things?

it's cool he's excited and trying to do his best, but yeah, he needs a sit down talk. probably.

hopefully, he'll be a rad Dad, but if carries over this insane control to the kid, maybe not so much

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Hughlander posted:

AITA For not letting my boyfriend use my dishes?

AITA For not letting my boyfriend use my dishes?
quote:
So a little back story. My boyfriend (20M) and I (20F) usually have dinners every weeknight together. I struggle with making food for myself but when it’s with him it’s easier and slightly fun. Lately I’ve been struggling to keep up with my dishes and they would sit in the sink ranging from days to weeks on end because I just can’t get the mental energy to deal with them. I’m in college and graduating this year and my classes are beating my rear end and so is my depression, so I came up with a solution to not have as many dishes in the sink. I only kept out 2 of everything like 2 plates, forks, spoons, bowls, and then only a few kitchen utensils like a spatula and a big spoon. I even bought styrofoam plates and plastic forks so if I’m not feeling like doing the dishes, I can use those.

So far it’s been working pretty well but since I cook with my boyfriend a lot I always have all of those dishes in the sink. He seemed to think that my strategy was pointless bc I’d just “end up letting it get disgusting again” because “that’s just how I am”. Anyways, one night he comes over for dinner but my two plates were already in the sink because I used them earlier. We make dinner with no problems and I pay the dishes no mind but when I asked him to serve the food on the styrofoam plates I bought he got really upset. He didn’t say a word after I asked him and went reaching for where I stored the other dishes that I wasn’t using, I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was getting us real plates for dinner.

I didn’t get why he was going for the ones I specifically put away and I said if you want real plate I can just wash one from the sink really quick. He denied letting me do that and insisted we use the plates from the ones I put away because in order for me to “get better” I had to use all of my dishes and then wash them. I told him no, That I had perfectly good plates we could use already out or we could use the styrofoam ones and that it wasn’t a huge deal. He told me I was being ridiculous and then started grabbing the other plates out of the cabinet. I tried to grab the stack of plates with bowls on top trying to get them back and he ended up letting go of the bottom and letting them drop to the ground. They shattered all around my feet and he just said “if you won’t use them then you don’t need them anyways” and he let himself out of my apartment. Luckily I was wearing shoes but my leg got a few cuts.

He proceeded to not talk to me for a few days and when he did he asked me if I was done being dramatic and blowing the situation out of proportion. I had texted him explaining I was super upset that he did that and that it was borderline crazy that he dropped them because he didn’t get the outcome he wanted. He told me I was the crazy one and that the plates just slipped and he didn’t even mean for them to cut me or fall, he was just trying to help me combat my depression and come out of it stronger.

UPDATE: I went and talked with him tonight at a restaurant to figure out if this was a one time thing or an indication to worse behavior in the future. I’ve decided that even if it was a one time thing I don’t really feel safe/I can trust him anymore. So at dinner I told him I’m gonna think about it but honestly I’m just going to text him and break up so I don’t have to deal with it In person. I still feel kind of bad breaking up a with him over dishes, but as many of you pointed out it’s much more serious than that.

Thank you to those who are PMing me, there’s quite a few but don’t worry I do plan on breaking things off with him. Any suggestions on how to do that safely?

UPDATE 2: I’ve decided to break up with him at some coffee shop tomorrow and I’m having my sister come and sit outside in case anything goes wrong.

As a single dude that was gifted an 8 plate/bowl/glass etc set. I've literally packed away 6 of everything. I have very little company, so I would have dishes for an individual. But, if they're in the sink, then you're getting disposable. Judge me from here to Wednesday, and you decide to dip out yourself, if that's an issue.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I don't know if i'd call myself asexual. I'm heavily medicated on happy pills, so that doesn't really help.

But I just got so sick of the drama that always comes with relationships. Like I know there are relationships out there that have little, to no (hah no), no drama.

But it just isn't anything I want to deal with at this time. I was married, and i've had multiple 2+ year relationships. So, I'm not someone that never experienced it.

It just seems like so much work, now a days, and having a poor self image of myself doesn't help. It's kind of easier to just cruise through flying solo. But, I still kind of feel separate from the Reddit's asexuals. Just because..
well, because they seem to have different reasons, than me.

who knows.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for not letting my pregnant niece get into my pickles?

r/relationships: no thought to the fact they were MY PICKLES!

man, i'd throw hands if someone took my pickles

I guess to be fair, it seems like this is the first time she's actually said something about it to the niece.

but all that sodium can't be great for pregnats?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Hughlander posted:

AITA for going to a lodge for Christmas when my Dad's kids can't?

man. that's a lot for a 16 year old.

but yeah dragging your not-close step-siblings to a xmas holiday seems absurd

Foo Diddley posted:

lmao grandpa rules

e: did they reboot inspector gadget or something tho? seems weird that a 16 year old would have a username referencing that show

i think gogogadget*blank* became it's own thing. but there was also the live action movie.. that i assume sucked. it was in '99. so i dunno what happened

gently caress do not google image inspector gadget

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 18, 2021

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

im already a worm, mistress! a worthless worm who deserves to be punished!!

that's the only "love worm" stuff i know about.

worm love music

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Hughlander posted:

AITA for going to a lodge for Christmas when my Dad's kids can't?

Comment:

quote:

SeiouslyAlwaysYTA

I literally always answer Y T A. It's what I set this account up to do. For me it's basically the whole point of being on here.

You are going to get me to break my word, though, because I couldn't leave this one alone. My parents split up when I was 11, and I and I have some idea what you're going through. It sucks so hard, and no, no, 100 times no, you are NTA.

Congratulations, you made me break my streak.

ETA: Wow, awards! I've never had those before. Probably because I always vote Y T A, lol. Thanks!

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

I appreciate the re-rail, but that's way toooo many at once. you gotta dole them out slowly so we can create specific derails for each one.

but thank u for your service

and holy hell that was like 30 pages ago. my bad. please carry on

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
IRT : Dude Wipes

a friend got me some as a joke, but by golly, they've got a mentholated one that is just refreshing as gently caress.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Ominous Jazz posted:

bad choice of words

lol. :supaburn:

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
-derail was finally ended. scusa

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 28, 2023

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

In video games sometimes the novice can win when you wouldn't expect because they don't know how strategies and meta are supposed to work and zig when the expert predicts that a fellow expert would zag. But that only works for a moment, and doesn't translate to real sports where you have to do coordinated whole-body movements

this works in card games, too. Poker, especially. And boy do people get furious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Mx. posted:

how do I (27M) "prove it" to my gf (27F)?

quote:

my gf of 3 years wants me to get a tattoo of her initials on me to prove that I am committed to her.

Some backstory - last xmas I brought her home. She and my stepdad had a disagreement and I asked her to apologize to him after my mom was insisting on it so that we could get it over with and move on. She apologized but immediately regretted it to the point she started cutting herself for the first time in like 5 years.

Fast forward to yesterday and she is reminiscing about that incident and wants to prove that I understand her - which means getting a tattoo of her initials on me. I am not doing that as I hate tats and she knows it. We are probably breaking up but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask the internet for some creative ideas. Short of that or getting her an engagement ring - what are some other ways I can prove to her?

I say do it, and just be creative with the words you can make out of those letters after you break up.

e - just saw he doesn't like tattoos.

do it anyway. but like really tiny, on the back of your heel, or back of your ear lobe or something

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 25, 2023