Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WaywardWoodwose posted:

You have to be a Mason to be a Shriner, and the Shriners are big into clowns. My uncle used to do a least one clown gig a month on the side, on his time off from of his radiator repair business, and would always have the checks made out to the Shriners hospital.

What is this, a prestige class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

rotinaj posted:

What is this dude’s preoccupation with wanting to physically harm people, expecting people to get into a fight, etc

Jesus, chill out and have a drink, poindexter, other people are allowed to do things

bbbut real men are supposed to be jocks who beat up nerds and gently caress the cheerleaders, just like in my american cinemas

Though he says he got beaten up in high school for having 'nerdy' traits, so comes off as bitterness that high school isn't real life

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 22, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

u may not like how it looks but nature's harsh, and in the last decade we've all seen the terrible consequences of depriving nerds of their natural predator, the jock

He's not even a jock, he specifically says he got bullied in school for being a nerd

It turns out bullying is actually universally bad and has no positive effects

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Raygereio posted:

That poster's probably an Israeli.

Israel is something special about non white passing people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Riddick is pretty much Space Conan.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dudes who go on about how people they don't approve of should be physically assaulted and called slurs on the street are way worse than cringey weebs

Almost seems like fake nerdbait but people are taking it seriously

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cloacamazing! posted:

Would you believe me this is not the best Dickmann's product? That would be the limited Dick Easter special:

Eier is in fact slang for balls, so even a proper translation of that would still end up with "Fatman's huge balls". They can't not be doing this on purpose.

And complete with a completely different stoned-looking cartoon animal mascot.

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my daughter she has to deal with consequences?

where to even start

Like, in a vacuum it's a good idea to teach a kid that deciding to do something like get a major change of hairstyle while in a bad mood is a bad idea, but jeez.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Don't joke about cheese unless you can do it in a passable Northerner English accent.

Also, now I'm hungry.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bargearse posted:

This looks like it could be Australia, in which case I guarantee absolutely nobody gave any thought to the implications of that.

Sadly I think they changed the name of the brand of cheese named Coon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Definitely reads like the parents enabled the addict sister at the very least & neglected the older sister's needs. They literally knew the older one would be pissed after so many years of mistreatment but chose not to address it other than "let's exclude her so she won't cause issues". Parents are absolutely the assholes here for letting it go that far, you can tell with the sparse details they're leaving a LOT out.

I don't see how you have a teenage opiates addict in the house without a lot of enabling and full on denial, and unfortunately it looks like the sister's come to take it all out on her rather than realise the situation was incredibly hosed and the parents should not be denying responsibility.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also saves the hassle of moving out and dealing with custody and uprooting and all that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

Im currently stuck watching "Gnome Alone" so I will drag you all to posting hell together

Is that part of the Gnomeo and Juliet cinematic universe

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm suddenly reminded of the one story of the girl who walked back into her ex-fiance's life after cheating on him and spending a couple years partying and expected to pick up right where they left off while he'd taken years to get over her leaving.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

Like I said, I think Dawn and Sonya should be left alone to work this out between the two of them, in an active volcano.

Mortal Kombat theme intensifies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

In a polycule with one partner who cannot lie and one who cannot tell the truth

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

I really was curious how she got a fish disease at first

The Innsmouth Itch.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Given what pregnancy does to your body I'm not gonna begrudge someone for wanting to look pretty, though people can def get weird about it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

hawowanlawow posted:

if she's constantly that late and she didn't get back until 3am, she was probably doing some stupid poo poo

I am reminded of stories of addicts giving people their kids 'Just for a little bit' before disappearing for a week or so on benders.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Runcible Cat posted:

I'm calling fake just because gamer gf found Breath of the Wild "too difficult".

I dunno, the early game is pretty hell when you got three health bars and can barely deal with more than one enemy at a time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

axolotl farmer posted:

This broke brained rear end didn't get the memo that humans and other animals respond much better to positive reinforcement than fear of punishment. Don't scold when they do something wrong, encourage them when they do something right.

A 5yo tidying her own room is a goddamn miracle.

So did at least one entire generation of parents, if a few threads are any indication. Like, shitloads of people seem to have never received any regular positive reinforcement at any formative stages. Hell, you're lucky if they actually try to teach you anything rather than just yell at you for doing things wrong and refuse to explain them because 'you should know this by now'.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

Right there in your post.

But seriously, most modern boy bands out of Korea and China and such have designated roles that are publicly stated like "the singer" "the rapper" "the dancer" "the interviewer" and "the gimmick" so I feel like young men should figure out which of these archetypes they align with.

This is just a D&D party for the modern day

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

She's being super coy about any specifics so it's almost certainly the nazi thing. If she was mad about some kind of actual bigotry she'd talk about that instead of trying to make their point of dispute some kind of loving riddle

Pretty much, no one except the nazis and maybe terminal :decorum: centrists is that vague about thorny subjects.

Mind you, 'the mainstream media is lying' is pretty much every single end of the political compass except dead centre. And this is not a compliment to the centre.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's a reason that 'bro' and 'frat boy' has become an insult that basically everyone calls their bitterest ideological enemies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tendales posted:

Sticking kids with a name-for-life at birth is dumb. You don't know anything about them yet! People should have a completely disposable name at birth, be given a proper childhood name somewhere from 4-6 when they have an actual personality to go off of, and then they should pick their own adult name when they're old enough.

Societies used to do this around the world for years. I blame the idea that you should be basically an extension of your parents your entire life.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zurtilik posted:

I didn't want to upset you with the truth about your wife's affair so I killed her and burned your house down.

This isn't far off how people act in King Arthur tales. Knights are the biggest drama queens in the world.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

Jokerfied Amanda Waller.

That's more Kingpinified.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

In my family and their extended circle of friends there are very specific mathematical rules for how many dishes/beverages/amount of soups/vegetarian dishes etc. to ensure literally everyone is taken care of appropriately*. If someone pulled the stunt mentioned in this story in my families hometown you could expect literally every single dinner involving that cousin until their tragic death as a never dated spinster would involve reminding them and their parents.

*Caliber of hosting situation has different rules, obv. Alcohol is basically the calculus to foods linear algebra and Im not doing a ted talk on those rules.

And that just reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide having a spaceship with a FTL drive powered by the Italian bistro it's built around, via extrapolating the strange and complex math used in dividing up the bill.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

RoboRodent posted:

Buckets of money, but allergic to spending any of it on anything but themselves.

latestagecapitalism.txt

cumshitter posted:

That is such horse poo poo. I would know immediately if you replaced either of my girls, even with exact physical duplicates, just from their mews if not their behavior.

Given the previous cat's behaviour, I suspect that the wife in question probably isn't the best or most attentive cat owner. The situation might have actually worked out for the best for all involved, including the cats.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tarkus posted:

I don't know why but I find people like that scarier than obviously aggressive or weird people. Sounds like the guy is barely holding it together and might need some serious treatment. Run OP run.

Because they have no self-awareness, common sense, or ability to actually engage with problems in a healthy manner, their entire life is lies upon lies, petty nonsensical grudges and hangups over the dumbest poo poo that any remotely sensible person or even a weirdo who actually cares about things would just forget about. That mix of petty, stupid and short-sighted is a pain to deal with in the long term because they have no concept of problem solving or long-term thinking.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Like a lot of things, weddings have been twisted by capitalism into hellworld versions of themselves that most favour the worst actors who have the most money involved.

Mind you, a 'traditional' wedding' was basically a property exchange.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

mine experimented with peeing in his penguin potty a few times but hasn't shown much interest lately. he has, however, started dropping into a power squat and doing a Goku Powerup pose every time he blows the seat out of his diapers, which makes trips to the park eventful.

Complete with the screaming?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

Friends, family, and dearly beloved. We are gathered here to celebrate the union of the groom, Optimus Prime, and the bride, Megatron.

Let's be real here, those two have always had messy ex energy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

killerwhat posted:

I realised recently that there are two dimensions to picky eating. My in-laws described themselves as “not fussy eaters” which made my jaw drop, until I realised they meant that they will eat the same low quality food, day in day out.

To them, we children are fussy eaters because we want to eat different foods all the time, and might complain if the quality is poor.

Seems like this lunch wife is in the former category. Or is feeling called out about her laziness.

Kinda surprised to hear that definition, but sadly makes sense. And comes to mind that I think a lot of picky eating habits come from kids whose parents are legitimately terrible cooks, which is pretty common for a certain generation or two, and things like fast food takeout are the only reliably tasty food they're used to getting. And parents get sick of the complaining and just take the path of least resistance, or just find the kids are too old to berate them into choking down the boiled mush anymore.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Scaevolus posted:

My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

[UPDATE] My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

One upside of :decorum: is that you can sometimes weaponise it in cases like this to make people have to deal with their own poo poo. Though can be a crapshoot given how many people will instantly discard the decorum they otherwise enforce on everyone else the moment they don't get their way.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

Too normal. I'm guessing it's something like clownification.

I'm going to come to the Joker

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Laopooh posted:

Someone just told on their own zettai ryouiki hornitude hehe

Trap sprung

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for "disrespecting" our friend who died at a high school reunion?

Is this the adaptation of a 50s comic book

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Singapore has its own problems iirc mostly rooted in the idea of the nuclear family as the rule for living.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lol that she lives in England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

Can you imagine after casually naming your own kid, thinking you have any right to name their subsequent kid? It's already kinda strange that parents get to choose what you're called forever!

We really need to go back to when they wouldn't bother giving you a proper name til you were like twelve minimum and sometimes would just end up going by your mob nickname for the rest of your life to the point where when you become totally not the monarch they use your name for the title for millennia to come.