Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm sad because this latest spin means the general public is even dumber than i want to believe. In a sane world his defense should be "of course i pulled the trigger, that was literally my job and what everyone expected me to do, and i only did so because we had multiple experts whose entire job was to make sure it would be safe to do so, and literally moments earlier we were reassured by the entire team that it was a perfectly safe course of action"

Acting like it matters at all if the trigger was pulled only serves to absolve the truly guilty people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I don't think showing remorse is how Mad Dog Alec gets off

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

the rule on my set is that you have to put the barrel in your own mouth and pull the trigger before you’re allowed to point it at anyone else

If that was sarcasm, it shouldn't be

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I can get the dismissal of charges in his role as an actor if we assume there's a frictionless sphere that is a competent armorer, but even in a world where the armorer is negligent Baldwin should still be held responsible in his role as a producer if the armorer had a known history of negligence

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Regardless of Alec’s involvement as a producer and whatever else, it seems insane an actor would be held responsible for pulling the trigger on what should have been a prop. If it was in any way dangerous it shouldn’t have been in an actors hands period.

That's why this entire case is a smokescreen. He is 100% innocent in his specific role as an actor, but he's absolutely guilty in his role as a producer, supervisor, and especially as someone who misused a safeword with lethal consequences. The focus on his role as an actor is a legal "oh no don't throw me in that briar patch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

E. Revenant posted:

This image conveys just how hosed her practices were on the set.

Ok fine i was super focused on her bosses trying to escape culpability when it only seemed like they were fighting against safety and overriding things she was trying to do, but if those rounds were anywhere she knew existed then that's beyond damning