Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

shocked to learn that alec baldwin has been carrying around hundreds of rounds of live ammunition on every set he's ever been on in something he calls his "pussy pack". is this an american thing?

we call them fanny packs, but it's usually worn facing the front so idk why.

Oh poo poo, I guess in Knifecrime Island it would be a true fanny pack. huh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

turn on your monitor

yeah got their rear end!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

pretty soft girl posted:

I dressed as the crow for a Halloween 5k this year and someone in the crowd shouted "sorry you got shot on set" which would have seemed very tasteless even before this happened

idk that seems kind of funny. Tasteless, but funny.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

teen witch posted:

I should definitely get in on the panty selling business but the most absolute ugliest granny panty type poo poo with some odd stains, a concerning tear, hidden messages embroidered in. ARG Panty.

add a 20 sided dice and a lore book and sell CYOA panties.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Schweinhund posted:

How much does a dis-armorer cost. They should've hired one of those instead.

Dikembe Mutombo runs up and slaps the gun out of the AD's hand and wags his finger at him.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Pulling Alec's pants down in a public area bc I have the right to bare Alecs.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
This is just speculation, but would it be possible to catch the hammer on a single-action revolver on clothing while quick drawing it and cause it to snap back with enough force to fire a round?

That would sort of track with his claim that he didn't pull the trigger, and also the description of the scene the was practicing for.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
With all the money they saved on not paying for crew housing, they can budget for all the buses that everyone is getting thrown under.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Salt Fish posted:

Its a wild west movie right? Obviously they're using old-timey revolvers and the protagonist is pointing a gun at the camera and pulling back the hammer. "Make my day..." I'm sure you can picture it. Anyway, your thumb slips off the hammer, it slams down, gun goes off without pulling the trigger.

This was such a problem with revolvers that the first ones that fixed the issue used to be called "safety revolvers".

These were invented around 1900 and the feature that prevents the hammer from falling and hitting the firing pin wasn't universal until sometime 1910s or 1920s even.

A wild west film is probably set in 1880s or 1890s? So a proper "replica" wouldn't have the feature. Why that would be the case gently caress if I know, but at least you can imagine a situation where you don't have to pull the trigger to have a revolver go off.
The good ol days when you could buy a safe revolver and a bike from the same company.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Salt Fish posted:

Hmm.. so you're saying someone would have to really gently caress up to end up with dead director on a filmset? Yes interesting, I'm writing this down.

To be fair a lot of people would have to gently caress up for this to happen, which is exactly what happened.

Well, three so far but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to spread the blame across even more people.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Was there any kind of recording going on when it happened?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
It was interesting to see how much of a poo poo show this whole production was behind the scenes.

Are these things common in other smaller film projects? I mean, stuff like unsafe armory practices, lacking staff housing etc?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

XTimmy posted:

Ex camera guy here: Short answer yes to all kinds of varying degrees. Worked on multimillion dollar shows and nearly been hit by stunt cars, worked on no budget films and had producers concerned about me driving after a 12 hour day. It's all down to the people. Because crew are 99% freelance it's a wild west industry (no pun intended) where the standards are set by whoever's paying your cheque for the day.

This seems like such a paradox. I read a story from a guy who was working as a grip (I think), and he recalled a time where he moved an extension cord that was taped down to the floor, and it stalled production for two hours because the cord had been taped down by a union employee from the set and it had to all be redone and the grip nearly got fired for it.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

kntfkr posted:

"Dad, it happened again. Can u or mom pick me up? I'm drunk. Bring my Switch."

still makes me laugh

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
There were dummies on set, but it wasn't the ammunition.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Toxic Mental posted:

If I were the armorer on set I simply wouldn't have brought real bullets to the set

nah, it can't be that easy.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What if instead of real bullets they use fake ones did anyone bring up that salient point yet?

i read an old Popular Mechanics article that gave a tutorial on how to make wax bullets so you could do target practice in your suburban basement without angering the neighbors.

...I don't think it was the bullets that were making them mad, so much as the constant sound of gunfire.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Baldwin's gonna Bald-win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Thread title, lol.