Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look people are saying why were there real bullets on set. They were in wild hog country of course they have bullets everywhere.

When 50 wild hogs come through there set lusting for blood you got much sure everyone has plenty of guns and bullets to protect themselves. Gotta be safe.

Of course as Alec baldwin was the one who trained all the hogs to lust for human blood in the first place he could of prevented this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
That whole 'cold gun' system breaks down if you're one of the people who keep all your guns with bullets in them, in the fridge.:(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
There's so much information and misinformation going out, it's very much not clear, but if it was a live bullet, it seems the armorer went out shooting...

If that the case, then there were two just monumental gently caress ups, not just one. Honestly with everything else that has been said it seems like the set was just a mess.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Songbearer posted:

This is from a few pages back but I was actually on set and after Alec's incident he slowly pivoted towards me and the next thing I know the gun is halfway down my throat and he says "If you tell anyone about the Baldwin Blood Curse and what happened today I will give you a 50 caliber enema" then he patted me on the shoulder leaving a huge bloodstain on my shirt

So I can vouch

All lies. At the time of the event I personally eyewitnessed him Jack the rippering things up in london, as per his usually per his blood lust dictates. All this other stuff is just the typical made up anti-baldwin bigotry and I won't have it.

Shame on you goons for falling for it. I expect better from you all. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't just "rig the camera for remote" whenever you feel like it. Somebody has to keep turning the crank

Duh, that's what really long broom handles are for

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It's halloween month and no one's even taken the smallest effort to go all pet sematary?

That's the real criminal negligence here.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

T..they don't call Hollywood "The City that Never Sleeps" for nothing.

But they all sleep. With the fishes.

Because everyone in hollywood is a weird fish fucker you see.

Simpsons tried to warn us. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lolie posted:

Who brought an "enormous amount of bullets" onto the set and why?

How else are you meant to protect the cast and crew from covid?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Did you know he was a CO-WRITER!?

Did you know "CO" stands for 'Committed obliterator'?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yes but we made the computer machines to smart and they turned on us, now they just lust for blood.

...so far the resistance has yet to send anyone back in time to protect us from Baldwin. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

teen witch posted:

...but I have yet to be lethally negligent multiple times at 30.

Yet

You can do it! We believe in you!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Palpek posted:

On sets the guns and bullets should be real, it's the actors that should be CGI.

I say guns cgi, bullets real, and actors all Harryhausen style claymation models.

If a Gumby or two takes a bullet, well that's life.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Just give everyone these, imho.

Looks like someones never heard of splinters. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

uXs posted:

The 'ban all guns from film sets' is a pretty dumb overreaction. There have been thousands of movies made since Brandon Lee with no problem, and it took a combination of a crew doing target practice with guns from the set, an inexperienced armorer who leaves guns and ammunition lying around all over the place, and an assistant director who picks up a random weapon from a table and yells 'cold gun' without actually checking, to have this (very serious) accident.

With a safety culture that bad, just banning guns seems fairly useless and not addressing the actual problem, which is that none of those people should've been allowed anywhere near a film set.

I mean, this is coming from a lot of the safety and visual effects crews as well. If we have ways of making sets safer why the gently caress wouldn't we...

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

The press hasn't mentioned it yet, but Jessica Fletcher was visiting the set (to see her friend's grand-niece). She's already halfway through cracking the case and proving that all of this was a murder planned specifically by *gasp* Billy Baldwin, who was hoping to take control of his brother Alec's fortune.

But Jessica Fletcher back? She's been dead for years.

It truly is a Halloween miracle!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
She's also said she was overruled on safety procedures.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/29/rust-film-set-alec-baldwin-shooting-live-bullets-lawyers posted:

“Safety is Hannah’s number one priority on set. Ultimately this set would never have been compromised if live ammo were not introduced. Hannah has no idea where the live rounds came from,” the statement from her attorneys Jason Bowles and Robert Gorence said, as first reported by NBC.

The statement went on: “She fought for training, days to maintain weapons and proper time to prepare for gunfire but ultimately was overruled by production and her department. The whole production set became unsafe due to various factors, including lack of safety meetings … This was not the fault of Hannah.”

Highly dubious about the planted rounds, but being overruled on basic safety procedures sounds pretty plausible with what we know from how the set was run. Even if true though, that still places a lot of blame on her for continue to work under such dangerous conditions.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

curlys gold posted:

breaking: factory fire likely caused by arsonist wanting to draw attention to the barrels of fuel left unattended near open flames

And they were right to do so :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is the assistant director with a history of actively fighting against safety precautions also facing charges?

As far as I've heard no charges have been laid against anyone yet. Presumably they're still investigating.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bruceski posted:

"The set had safety first in mind. Did I gash myself on an incredibly sharp rotary cutter? Only twice, and we kept the cloth clean every time!"

None of their costumed were harmed during the filming of the production, as far as costuming goes, nothing safer then that!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah, there's literally an industrywide outcry and push for new restrictions and requirements for firearms on set. Had Alec Baldwin's gun not mysteriously shot two people, none of that would have happened and crews would still have to put up with all kinds of unsafe practices.

So what your saying is Baldwin is gun Jesus ...or gun Pontius Pilate I guess?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

I believe him that he didn't deliberately pull the trigger, and probably has no memory of the trigger being pulled. But 99% chance that it was.

And honestly as far as it goes, him just being an actor on set and being handed a gun that was meant to be safe, shouldn't of mattered if he pulled the trigger or not. There should never of been a situation created where that should of mattered, morally or legally.

Of course as a producer... totally different story, but I really don't think it matters or not if the trigger was pulled. Apparently there was a loving live round put into a gun -that wasn't even meant to be firing blanks at the time- and given to an actor on set, which they were lead to be had been deemed safe. Everything after that really shouldn't matter. The, seemingly many, crimes of negligence were all from before the actor had the gun in his hands.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Baldwin was one of the paypigs

He was on set and an executive, paypig or not. He knew the situation, had power to change it, and did not. Even if he's not found to be legally capable in anyway, yeah that was definitely morally not great.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Uh, that wasn't meant in defense of him

But pigs are always innocent! ...except for cops, and corporate pigs, and wow people just really needless poo poo on pigs as a species huh.

Like we literally enslave them to be eaten, and then are like yeah were gonna eat you, but also were going to call you a whole bunch of names, first. Like we couldn't at least go, hey thanks for the meat you're really great though, sorry about this and you tasting so nice!!!

Man people just suck. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Haven't read this thread in a while but heard a rumor that at the trial he shot the prosecution, than the judge, then the jury, then the judge again, as he said, "just to be sure".

Confirm/deny?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ah no wonder he got off. Always a good court room strategy.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look I think everyone here can agree, extension cords deserve to be treated with only the highest respect in dignity in honor of the greatest of services they provide to humanity, which they do so out of only the ever lasting goodness of their loving, coppery, hearts!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Lol everyone knows if it get to trial Baldwin will get off as he always does, just by shooting everyone on the Jury.

Also they called prop guns cause they fly via propellers rather than jet engines. Their old rear end junk guns which is why they were being used in a western. Like did none of you even go to school???

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

je1 healthcare posted:

What a clownshow.

Someone was also shot on the set of The Clownshow???

:ohdear:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So do they get around the "you can't be tried for the same crime twice" law by going to a Grand Jury? I was under the impression that it is rightfully very hard to get around that to stop prosecutors just continually trying someone till they got a convection?

With what would seem to be the main piece of evidence their using to ask for a retrial seemingly botched, while I'm not sure the first trail come to the right decision, seems like the prosecution really shouldn't be able to have another go at it as far as I can tell.

Am I just missing something?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FoolyCharged posted:

They dropped the charges and never actually pursued them into court. This will still be the only trial for the incident.

Oh okay, missed that. That makes sense then.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean sure I think it's good that the US Justice system finally executed Alec Baldwin for all his many, many crimes, but has anyone thought what this will do the hundreds of billions of dollar a year US fertilizer industry now he won't be supplying them with all the mountain of dead bodies daily that he used to???

Why must the US Justice system always put justice and morality above capitalism and cold hard cash like this???????

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Toxic Mental posted:

Can you believe Arnold killed all those cop extras with that minigun

Yeah but he had a license to kill from the British government so it's all good.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

smoobles posted:

kinda sad to see the thread single out Alec Baldwin, when every James Bond movie starts with Bond shooting the cameraman

Yeah but with James bond they made sure to only hire camera operators that had displeased the queen, so it was more just a royal execution -but not the good kind- than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Bramble posted:

In a western town where an ineffectual and corrupt justice system allows killers to walk free, who will right the wrongs and hold the villains accountable? Who will be the vigilante lawman that makes things right?

Oh I know this one... um, oh yeah The Shadow!!!

...er wait no, forget I said that.