Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

FoolyCharged posted:

All right everyone, this is Goot and she will be handling everything about our guns to make sure they're safe. Nobody touches them unless she hands you one and give it back immediately when you're done.

*5 minutes later*

Hey Hannah, toss me that gun on the table over there would you, dear? What Goot? Yeah, she probably checked it out already it's fine.

Susanna said she wanted to deregulate and eliminate the film industry in NM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

FoolyCharged posted:

Seriously though, they had a dedicated gun personm why were other people handling the guns?

*points to OSHA thread*

seriously, between working for a CMO pharma company and a prolific audio manufacturer, OSHA exists for a reason and that's because people do stupid loving poo poo around machinery all the time and everything you do should be triple checked before proceeding

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

One of my friends turned down the offer as propmaster for Rust because he wanted a couple weeks of sabbatical between shoots.

He is pretty upset with his decision.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Like. I get OSHA is probably completely toothless in America and no one rich and In Hollywood faces consequences but this seems like a slam dunk OSHA conviction.

If I goofed around with a forklift and killed someone because the brakes failed they would still throw my rear end in jail.

Because I’m only Steven Baldwin

OSHA is not toothless, but OSHA's job is not to blame + prosecute the person who pulled the trigger, so to speak, slap their hands and go "CASE CLOSED," when there was obviously a chain of events of severe negligence leading to the incident.

edit: I have been involved in multiple industrial accidents because I Have worked in factories for nearly a decade, OSHA doesn't come in and go, "well, that operator hosed up, better fire and sue them!" They generally go into structure and process and poo poo always rolls uphill.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 24, 2021

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

If he pointed it at someone he was not supposed to point it at and was in fact goofing around that’s about as sinful as it gets in workplace violations.

"Why was the gun loving loaded with live rounds by a professional whose job it is to ensure that never happens, then passed as safe," is about 100x bigger a violation than what you're describing because of the circumstances!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Again. If a piece of equipment, through no fault of my own was tampered with or not functioning due to others neglect it would not excuse me in any workplace violation if I was found to be using it improperly or using it for “horseplay”.

Also I’m actually responsible for inspecting equipment I use before I use it. If I am not able to judge if it is safe then I’m not trained enough to use and shouldn’t be using it.

So if my technician and my mechanic check a problem I'm having with a machine, OK it, then I pass down to someone that the problem isn't a big deal and they get hurt by said problem that I made a big deal about, it's their fault for getting hurt for not properly inspecting, even if they did (they didn't).

That's not how OSHA investigations work!

edit: most workplace incidents are slips, trips, falls. The <10% that aren't can generally be categorized as a combination of misinformation coming down the chain combined with rushing employees to just loving get it done, $$$$.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 24, 2021

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Alec Baldwin was also the supervisor responsible for enforcing the rules which he also failed to do.

you finally made a salient point!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lots of people itt assuming they'd be insubordinate as gently caress in their work environment while they have been in situations where something totally horrific could happen but didn't

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Warbadger posted:

It did that day, in that scene.

I mean the union walked out over less, so...

how many of you are in a union

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

punishedkissinger posted:

if a large portion of my coworkers stormed off-site due to safety concerns after a series of near-death incidents I would at the very least consider leaving as well

yeah, you'd think that, but how many of you are in a union

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Warbadger posted:

Have you never told a manager to go gently caress themselves over safety concerns or even to cover your own rear end? Not even in a nice way?

Plenty of times, I went full Nick Nolte in Hotel Rwanda on the entire bullpen one morning when incoming supe had my "friend" and his crew ambush me getting out of a cleanroom 20 minutes after I was supposed to clock out over a misinterpretation of a santization procedure for a cytoxoic drug that was discussed for 3 hours and implemented at 5:45AM (I supposedly left at 6). I believe I grabbed my dick and balls through my scrubs and shook it at all of them looking like a wet dog on camera, actually.

It took a year for someone to look at my resume after that place and I ended our relationship over safety concerns.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Warbadger posted:

So why is it so hard to believe others might do the same? Do you think it would have may have gone better for you if you'd been a high level manager who they literally could not fire because you are also irreplaceable?

poo poo rolls downhill until OSHA is involved. There was a cytotoxic drug spill at that plant created by an overpressure disconnecting the line from the pump manifold to the pressurized reservoir because the dude running the line insisted on keeping a manual valve open (a manual valve that was, in hindsight, the point of failure and had a change request to be automatically operated by an engineer thjat quit 3 years prior and the CR was dropped to the bottom of the pile). I had just come back from lunch and had taken over line operator, was talking to the dude running the line then there was a pop and everything in the RABS was wet. It took 15 minutes to get approval to start *plating people to leave the room* after multiple screaming fights over a phone about procedure, specifically that we don't do any of that. Everyone was informed if they didn't follow procedure they would be fired, fix the good drugs and then get out in an orderly fashion.

Never heard poo poo from OSHA, so they pretended with the customer that the run was bad from compounding and never had to hand anyone video.

1) don't work for drug dealers;
2) if you're not in a union you can stand up for whatever you want, most of your coworkers aren't going to back you up because they have kids and poo poo

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 24, 2021

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Worth pointing out that Baldwin is a senior member of his own union. In fact he was named SAG Ambassador in 2012.

https://sagaftra.foundation/2012/01/alec-baldwin-named-sag-foundation-ambassador/

everyone gets it, you want alec baldwin to go to jail

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Hollywood running by its own rules in contravention to both workplace and gun safety is exactly why someone is dead right now.

Warbadger posted:

Alec Baldwin isn't getting fired from the cowboy movie he's upper management for and also starring in.

this is exactly why OSHA exists and why Hollywood needs to abide by rules, and if this is the moratorium on guns that The Crow should have caused then good.

2021 is a lot different than 1993, and everyone has been riding high on AND IT NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN until now, which is an inevitability.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Warbadger posted:

So... just a normal OSHA handbook?

MrQwerty posted:

poo poo rolls downhill until OSHA is involved. There was a cytotoxic drug spill at that plant created by an overpressure disconnecting the line from the pump manifold to the pressurized reservoir because the dude running the line insisted on keeping a manual valve open (a manual valve that was, in hindsight, the point of failure and had a change request to be automatically operated by an engineer that quit 3 years prior and the CR was dropped to the bottom of the pile).

Guess who got in trouble for that, it wasn't operators or OSHA.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

what's that poo poo I said about OSHA rolling poo poo uphill earlier?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

just gonna keep using this gun that constantly misfires because I, a chuddy person that makes gun their personality, knows best

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I wonder if it was the same AD who handed his stunt double the gun that misfired. They certainly seem to be the person getting thrown under the bus so far.

the person whose literal job it is to ensure set safety allowing all of this to go on is not being, "thrown under the bus."

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

obviously it's their fault. I just meant that there already are a TON of sources talking about what a dipshit the guy was, including talking about how he sexually harassed coworkers and stuff.

yeah he's a known quantity with the people I know that work sets here, and I've been hearing about what a loving dipshit he is for years

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

my concern is that he will be singularly blamed when the rest of management hosed up by having this guy apparently be the single point of failure for the safety of the set. even after a stunt double was handed a HOT gun that was called COLD and almost killed someone.

I'm in full agreement that him and that girl need to go down, hard, and that's probably mostly what will come of this. IDK, the people I know that work props and poo poo are very much talking a lot about using their union to change set regs.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

they already made a movie about how Death fuckin sucks at every game except chess

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ok yeah i think everyone listed as a producer on this deserves to hang

I very specifically disagree with this because of the chain of events but you do you

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bronze Fonz posted:

I can't tell what's real anymore and had to look it up... of course it's real.

Of course it's real.

lmao anyone that wears that on a set in NM is going to get fired and maybe punched in the face

edit: AND NOT BECAUSE ALEC BALDWIN IS A BELOVED PERSON, just to set the record straight

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Remember when there wasn’t a Trump involved with literally every loving thing that happens?

neither do I

"it was a good shoot"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Warbadger posted:

It's not a misfire kinda thing, it's that rapidly drawing guns from holsters can easily lead to your finger or part of the holster pulling the trigger. Especially for old style guns without a trigger guard. It's a great way to shoot yourself in the foot/leg.

Hell of a thing that they kept doing it after the first ND - I can't tell from the wording but it may be suggesting that was also a live round fired on set?

I'm gonna go ahead and believe the people on set who said the gun kept loving misfiring instead of someone that wants Alec Baldwin pilloried, thanks

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

They are going to begin filming that movie here again soon and all my film industry peeps are circling wagons and threatening blacklists for people who decide working on that shitshow sounds like a good career move if they find out.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SOP for New Mexico cops

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i know a propmaster who worked with her once and then made hiring stipulations about her after that experience

they tried to hire him for rust but he told me she was already hired + he felt the whole thing was sketchy from the start so he declined

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

Ok fine i was super focused on her bosses trying to escape culpability when it only seemed like they were fighting against safety and overriding things she was trying to do, but if those rounds were anywhere she knew existed then that's beyond damning

lol i've posted this multiple times in this thread

MrQwerty posted:

i know a propmaster who worked with her once and then made hiring stipulations about her after that experience

they tried to hire him for rust but he told me she was already hired + he felt the whole thing was sketchy from the start so he declined

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ben shapino posted:

so he could have saved someone's life but didn't

I'm not sure that making hiring stipulations about a potential coworker that are discarded and deciding to not work with people you don't trust is how that works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

lmao I'm glad she's locked up

lol yeah thats how the guy I know that worked with her on a set feels