Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If I was accidentally killed on camera while making a movie I would want it to be used in the final cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

alec baldwin hasn't done anything good since glengarry glen ross.

30 rock was awesome and he was hilarious in it

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Splorange posted:

hosed up poo poo all around, the only lesson here is not to point a firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy... and if there are firearms present but no one's screaming at the top of their lungs about barrel scanning and kicking you in the head for not complying, your workplace safety sucks.

how are you supposed to film sick gunfights if nobody can point guns at eachother? idiot.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Splorange posted:

but still, I'd think it safer to give a gun to a chimp than to an actor.

i take back the idiot thing, because you just had a genius idea for a movie

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Boner M posted:

LOL if you have some 30 Rock box set that cost heaps

Yeah sure, its OK for you to like Hitlers paintings

But that says things

what does it say if you like 30 rock

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

slow_twitch posted:

first rules for firearms: 1) never assume a firearm is unloaded 2)never point a firearm at anything you don't want to destroy

this is why Alec

rule number 3: pee pee poo poo in my bumhole

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you want live ammo, watch Come and See, where they're firing live rounds over some poor 13 year olds head while he ducks in a trench and they're blowing up trees with real artillery and poo poo.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think that blaming Alec Baldwin, who is probably traumatised for life, is a bit of a stretch.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

His job in the scene was to point the gun and pull the trigger and say some lines. He probably wouldn't have the expertise to even judge whether the guy in charge of guns was qualified.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you seem to be minimising the death of this woman by getting more mad about the union stuff than the accident

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

punishedkissinger posted:

if they had listened to the union complaints no one would be dead.

"you seem more caught up in the labor complaints than the deaths of all those women at the shirtwaist factory"

they didn't walk out because of poor gun safety

there weren't any evil bosses putting bullets in the guns like the locked doors at the shirtwaist factory

what an incredibly dumb comparison

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Well alright, fair enough.

I'm still going to say that blaming Alec Baldwin for this is just being hungry for famous blood.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think that any movie that has guns could probably have swords instead and it'd be a lot safer

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

For what a nobler weapon than the finely honed gentlemans blade!

*tips fedora and flourishes cape*

i was thinking more of the noble and distinguished samurai wielding hattori hanzo steel

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm probably gonna watch Rust, it sounds like a cool movie.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

really if you think about it, she should have walked off set in solidarity with the union, she was asking for it in the end

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

she was a scab though, and according to you its completely an inexcusable action

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Really, she should have checked the gun to make sure it was safe if she was gonna stand in front of it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

listen man, unions, scabbing eat the rich etc

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Real gunshots look way better, so I think that there should actually be more real weapons and blanks in movies.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its not like joining the union would have made her less of a dumbass, i feel like you don't even need training or education to know that you don't put the real murder bullets in the movie gun, she was just a huge dumbass

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Goddammit if you're gonna sell used panties to someone out there, the least you can do is wear them for a day. Really outrageous behaviour honestly. Just shamefully taking advantage of these poor gentlemen.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you should also really ban any rad car stunts, they seem even more dangerous

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I can't believe that in America you can just go to the shop and buy an Alec Baldwin, you guys really brought this on yourselves.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

controversially, i think its the armourer's fault completely 100%

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

There's no excuse for the armorer even having live rounds anywhere near the set, no matter how intimidated or whatever you think they were, it seems like the single most basic rule of the job is "don't put real bullets in there." She dumb as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

really, the occasional human sacrifice is worth the use of actual gunpowder in movie production because it just looks and sounds so much cooler