Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Rebrand DnD as a chat zone. Almost no suggestions in this thread or the QCS one are how to bring back debates. It's all let my posting pals post or stop my posting enemies from posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Since the rules of this thread were somehow not considered stifling to discussion just make them DnD rules in general.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Probe and ban people that can't imagine that china commits genocide and has been, big loving red line do not cross, not hard and the fact that we have people trying to argue it isn't is horseshit because they don't want to say their favorite country is in fact awful and racist as hell. Probe and ban actual rape apologists, big red line who gives a gently caress. Sebmojo already brought up the mistake 6er and addressed what happened (just go back and probe it and ban them for being a fuckhead)

thatfatkid is dedicated to justify that china is not infact doing it but doesnt provide anything but feelings and denial, we ran off R. Guyovich for the same poo poo. Side note Bathtubcheese being pro bomb a loving country because they are traitors to china is just as loving ghoulish.

Is saying you believe the event happened but that it doesn't meet the definition of what people think of as genocide now denying the event?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Cool, we'll take that up with an admin. And maybe that will happen. But given when the DMZ thread was opened, the constant accusal was "Everyone in D&D or supporting the Democratic Party is a rape apologist" we have to define what the red line for ban+30 will be?

That's not at all what happened lol

But more than one person did call Tara Reade a liar

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 26, 2021

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Is anybody not in agreement that the mass incarceration of black Americans is basically genocide? I mean given that the US Justice system in general is steeped in White Supremacy oriented towards doing oppressive, genocide like things?

I would be willing to bet lots of guinea pig pics you'd be shouted out of DND with that take minus the star.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

How? Open to suggestions for me and/or future mod teams. Most people don't want to dig through a thread to find the single topic they were trying to discuss, that's part of why we split out topics in USNews (since D&D is for the most part US Centric)

Why not just have a timeout on the topic temporarily if it really is overriding all conversation for X amount of time instead of shunting the topic off to die?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Most of the threads didn't die though? The Afghanistan thread and Police threads were very active for a long time.

A timeout sounds cool, but how do you do it? Set a topic timer and link in the op?

Depending on the topic yeah they can have legs but if it's something that's only going to get sporadic updates it's just gonna die.

I don't know if you'd even need to have anything other than a mod popping in and just saying cool it with X till whenever. Most people will get the hint and chill out if they don't sixer them ramp if they do it constantly.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

What is the shape of a D&D where we are less angry or calling for the refs all the time? What's it called?

Consensus and Capybaras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

fool of sound posted:

Lots of people are reporting posts in this thread even though every single D&D mod is reading it.

lol

lmao