Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I did #3 and #4 because I wanted to hear both angles, was a good choice.

I’m gonna watch the rest of them over the next week in the background of work probably just go fill time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve only watched his Pac-Man review and a few different sections of the cyberpunk one and he’s already mentioned Yakuza a bunch of times, and they’ve all been in positive ways so :shrug:

Edit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/108/status/1327769333150396417?lang=en

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have no desire to ever play a dating sim but goddamn if listening to this nerd talk about one for 6 hours wasn’t compelling viewing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He is probably the only person who can make something compelling out of a 5 hour stream of a dude queuing to log in before giving up, so this might work out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So Christmas, ish.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Summer 2023 it is

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only the worst YouTube nerds have any kind of regular update cycle anyway so if anything this is just a further mark of quality

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

What about the patreons who are spending $36 or more per year for...very little. Really seems like a grift at this point. I wonder if Tim will tell everyone he needs a new neck.

They get to hang out in his discord or something and be part of whatever passes for a community on a discord server about one specific nerd doing super niche marathon length YouTube videos once a year.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The production process for his videos commentating on games is basically it’s own commentary on the production process of games.

Makes u think

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tim Rogers is best enjoyed neat, not watered down

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Siiiiick I have tomorrow off with no plans I’m gonna watch it all

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

LA Noire is such a weird choice because it’s not very good or particularly interesting but I’m sure he can make a compelling 10 hour video about it anyway

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Good

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sorry if you didn’t watch it in one unbroken 6 hour marathon you basically didn’t even watch it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Any of the Nier games would be a total waste because they are navel-gazey enough all by themselves, and I say that as someone who likes them enough to have a tattoo of Emil

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Snitches get stitches

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t want Tim to ever do a souls video for about a trillion reasons, chief of which being the whole internet is already entirely too up it’s own rear end about the supposed transcendental nature of souls games, and even his kind of take would be just another drop in the ocean that is the thousands of hours of internet personalities gushing over souls games readily available to you at any given second.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah it’s cool when he covers well known stuff as well as weird unlocalised poo poo

It’s just not that interesting a prospect to have him do his gimmick over a game/franchise when a million youtubers and gaming journalists already do just about the same level of ‘it changed my life’ evangelical proselytising virtually every time they come up

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fresh posts in the Tim thread always get me hopeful it’s new video time

You just ruined my Thursday

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not much, what’s a B’z box set with you?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

For the love of God people stop bumping the Tim thread when there’s no new Tim it’s an emotional rollercoaster

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every time someone asks where the new vid is Tim adds a day to the production schedule

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but those videos were only 2-3 hours long, like videos for some kind of idiot baby

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tim do the aristocrats

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t care stop bumping the thread without a new 9 hour review to binge

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No, 6 hour epics or nothing

There’s already a million boring YouTube idiots doing 30 minutes of bullshit about every single topic

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tim-length probe for the first person to post ITT after the next video is released

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

For the love of God people stop bumping the Tim thread when there’s no new Tim it’s an emotional rollercoaster

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where’s the grift he’s delivering 10/10 content

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

:mods:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Deserves every penny imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did Tim Rogers gently caress your mum or something you seem to be real tilted that nerds on the internet like paying for his long-rear end videos

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There will never be a new video

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah that’s not a hot take that’s a genuinely correct take

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I liked the Pac-Man one

I think the only ones I didn’t really enjoy to the fullest were TLOU and FFVII, I only got through them because I put them on while I was working

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You still think wrong, imo.

There are already a shitload of people making frequent short videos about whatever you wanna see, that’s not anything special.

There’s only one weird nerd making 6 hour epics about a PC Engine dating sim or a Japan-only PSX summer vacation sim or a 7 part CYOA Cyberpunk 2077 review.

I’m not one of the people on his patreon paying for this poo poo, but I can understand why the people who do pay him seem to be happy with that they’re getting.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The real new video was the friends we made along the way

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I like the bit where you had to spit off the roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004