Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Escobarbarian posted:

is Tim doing slightly different voices in each chapter or am I just too high

he said the idea was it was 7 dudes who approached the game differently so I wouldn't be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

PTizzle posted:

I'd only seen his FF7 translation videos which I really liked and am now watching the Tokimeki video (which I really like so far too) because it seems far more interesting than Cyberpunk. I otherwise know nothing about him. Thanks for listening :)

His Tokimeki Memorial video is godtier level good imo.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

bewilderment posted:

The first half of part 2 is about how graphics and games drive each other, how graphics can be built to stand the test of time, and the way graphics, like CP2077's graphics, are a gigantic selling point for a game.

The second half is about how he was once an idiot working 100-hour days and eating theoretically healthy but depressing poo poo and how he nearly died from it so he doesn't do that any more and then relates it back to how he considers this video to be his worst one because he only worked 40-hour days on it, so if people still like it then clearly crunch in favour of glitz and lights isn't worth it.

Except he ends the section with a confession he pulled 16 hour days again to finish the video cause he doesn't know how to stay turned off

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Matchstick posted:

I ask this as a grown-rear end adult with a reasonably fulfilling life: what’s the closest thing in English to Tokimeki Memorial? Doki Doki Literature Club?

i don’t think doki doki is subtle enough

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
tim….. need new content…..

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
loving the 56 hours of “bonus” content

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
tim….. please…..

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shinjobi posted:

An entire community, desperate for a hello

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I swear the one ep of Insert Credit i listened to was awful. everyone sounded REALLY annoyed with Timmy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

No Mods No Masters posted:

I tried listening to it once but even as a moderate tim fan it didn't click for me at all. They actually do seem to keep up a fairly consistent weekly or biweekly schedule for it so good on them

I’m a big tim fan but gently caress hell he’s awful without a script imo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
tim is streaming premiere https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=779coR-XPTw

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Terper posted:

gently caress... I was suddenly gripped by an intense desire to re-rewatch the Tokimeki video... it's so good...

i’ve watched it like 7 times lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

boku no natsuyasumi

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
there’s youtube transcription but idk it’s accuracy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

History Comes Inside! posted:

Sorry if you didn’t watch it in one unbroken 6 hour marathon you basically didn’t even watch it

Then going back for seconds and thirds in different parts.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i don’t think he would talk about souls games like that. i think he’d poo poo talk them.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
that doesn't mean he liked it just that it was influential

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok Fine!!!! i still don’t want him to make a video about them as a whole unless he really wants to.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA8cxc37HN4

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXBFP8zK5Lw

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
ok i’ll confess. i was just being obstinate. as if i Wouldn’t WOULDNT watch a 49 hour nostalgia trip memory lane journey thru tim’s mind palace re: demon’s souls, dark souls, dark souls 2, dark souls 3, bloodborne, sekiro, demon souls remaster, elden ring,

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I voted this thread a 5 "Go hog wild!"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I watched his old rear end stream of the first 3 hours of The Last of Us Part 2 and there were some good comedy moments from our buddy, Tim.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1064232253313527849/1082111440342753382/Kooha-2023-03-05-20-23-27.webm
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1064232253313527849/1082111440011395202/Kooha-2023-03-05-20-23-51.webm

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
tim should have a tier on patreon where he calls you, personally, "Buddy"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dijkstracula posted:

the agent says, "nah, I don't do family acts", and the father replies, "buddy, take a look at the length of this video",

lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
just checked, no video

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I rewatched some of his earlier videos and he has already developed a lot outside what he planne initially. I got the sense from rewatching ff7r that he was trying too hard to stuck to a hard script in terms of laying out the game etc and it's relieving he has pulled back from that rigidity with tokimeki and boku having more classic Tim story time.

it is still funny that he thought he could do a video a month tho.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shinjobi posted:

I have never reacted to anything with the word "jerry" until today

buddy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I only heard the very end of this and it was really quiet and I Thought, for a heart stopping second, Tim said the word "poo poo"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
yeah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

No Mods No Masters posted:

The sure sign that tim season is drawing a bit closer once more is all the posters starting to get riled up. They sense it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
hello

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I would settle for one a quarter manic patron emails

who am I kidding i settle for far less

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
right before AC6???

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Escobarbarian posted:

Without knowing for sure I’m gonna guess that clip is taken out of context and is about him saying that when the next video is ready he will announce it on a Friday stream to be released 9 days afterwards (which someone said in the action button discord was a thing he said)

here it is, you can click "Watch full video" to see the context

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThoughtfulQuaintKoalaEleGiggle-yG-1h4tBGvxZM4ji

"I released a video one Sunday without announcing it, and it was good. Stage 3 of Action Button video release is right now... wait... Stage 3 of the Action Button Video Release Schedule's is this: I'm going to tell you, one of these *voice cracks* I will say, when the next video is ready. I will say it at the end of the stream. I would like you to be ready to clip it. To share it with your friends. I will not make trailers. I will not share promotional imagery. I will simply say, Live on a Stream, at the end of the stream: "The next video is debuting next Sunday," -- don't clip that -- because that's an example. Not the Sunday of the stream, the Sunday, one week out. I promise, that's how the video launches will always go, from now on. That's how they're going *voice cracks* from now on. There will not be such an announcement at the end of this show, That's 100% sincere. I will not at the end of this stream say, '... next Sunday..." I will tell you one Friday before, and I will also make a post on Patreon that will go live that has a little more inside baseball, maybe a bonus feature, maybe not a bonus feature, I will have a post on Patreon to time with the announcement at the end of a stream. Even though Patreon, I'm trying to make it not exist... etc etc etc.... So that's how I'm going to do it from now. It will be a big deal. I will say, uh, I will try to make it sound like a big deal, right? What I need you all to do, is post about it on your own social medias, and your own... uh.... you, you're own Discord channels. Post it on my Discord if you'd like. I'm not going to do any publicity outside this stream. [...] This is where you find me."

[...]

"I continue to get tweets at me, daily, that are like 'where did he go? is he okay?' and it's like... man... in the time it took you to god-darn tweet that -- you can't even call it a tweet now, you gotta call it a post -- you could have just found me, Jerry, I was right here. I will always be right here. *laughs at himself.*"

Sorry I couldn't stop I was being controlled by outside forces to transcribe.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i really need my buddy tim here to be running on a script, he is too dangerous unleashed

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I literally couldn't finish the pacman one

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
as tim says in the death stranding 5-review review, "It's easier to make a long thing... than a short thing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHUY-nVXKU&t=1152s