Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Arist posted:

John Cho is Spike Spiegel, a cowboy trying to outrun his past while looking weirdly old because his actor is 49;

Is there anything about Spike that nessecitates that he be roughly 27? I haven't seen the show in more than a decade, but I don't recall any reason he couldn't be in his 40s even without making some changes to the plot. The cast of Cowboy Bebop were given more reasonable ages than most anime, but even they appear to be a bit younger on paper than the plot or character design would lead you to believe. I can believe Spike is 27 looking at his character design, but considering his past, personality etc. I'd have thought another decade wouldn't go astray and Jet looks and acts like someone in his 40s anyway rather than 36 as he apparently is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oooh, I like that jacket; the hexagon patterns on the back look real nice :cool:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I mean, they had pretty sensible, functional designs as is while Faye...didn't. She needed a wardrobe upgrade in a way the other two really didn't. If they had messed with Spike's suit for instance they might have destroyed what made him iconic, and been seen as messing with it for the sake of it rather than adding anything or making changes that were necessary for the medium.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Greatly approve of the use of the less iconic but IMO superior Rush instead of Tank! for this outing.

It's been donkey's years since I've seen the show, but pretty much every shot is basically just a live action version of something from the show (or movie) isn't it? So presumably, this live action version is not just adapting the show for a new medium but basing every episode heavily around at least one episode of the show too? A quick Google tells me that the live action show is only 10 episodes long, though not the episode lengths, so presumably they'll either be skipping some episodes they felt were weaker (or centered on the not-present Ein) or doing a second season to adapt the remaining episodes?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

etalian posted:

Imagine how much easier Geralt's job would be if he had guns

I mean, Witchers already kind of gimp themselves by insisting on using a different sword to fight people than the special one they have to fight monsters. So I wouldn't be surprised if, even when using guns, Geralt made things more awkward than it would seem like they should be in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's probably more of an irreverent comment than a joke. A word or phrase to lighten the mood, or deflate tension but with no actual joke in it.