Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EST/12am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Demolition Stage 2021
Fukuoka International Convention Centre, Fukuoka
Hajime Ohara, Kai Fujimura & Kinya Okada vs Kongo (Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke)
Aleja vs Ikuto Hidaka
Funky Express (King Tany & Muhammad Yone) vs Kongo (Kenoh & Manabu Soya)
Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Eita, Kotaro Suzuki & YO-HEY) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yoshinari Ogawa) & Yasutaka Yano
Momo No Seishun Tag (Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada) vs Sugiuragun (Kazushi Sakuraba & Takashi Sugiura)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: HAYATA(c) vs NOSAWA Rongai
Daiki Inaba, Kaito Kiyomiya & Masa Kitamiya vs M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh, Masaaki Mochizuki & Naomichi Marufuji)
GHC Heavyweight Title: Katsuhiko Nakajima(c) vs Masato Tanaka
Live on Wrestle Universe

Thought this deserved a thread. Card is packed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lamuella posted:

Thought this deserved a thread. Card is packed.

Nice, thanks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God keep that old man away from Kiyomiya :mad:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Fully expecting Nak and Tanaka to skeletonize each other with strikes. Very much here for it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Fujimura has really been maturing lately as a junior. Looking forward to seeing what he can do against the Kongoh boys.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ohara sez: gently caress your backs :mad:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Haoh, Nioh and Tadasuke vs Fujimura, Okada, and Ohara was super solid junior nonsense. Not as crazy as they sometimes get, but Ohara brought the grappling, Okada brought the kicks, and Tadasuke brought his weird athletic sleaze energy. Fujimura is still a puppy, but he's growing into something special. Very strong opener.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was it just me or did Okada look "bigger" than normal. Like he'd put on some muscle and lost a little leanness? I recall him having way more of an Ibushi style frame than that, but maybe I just haven't really paid enough attention to him recently and didn't notice.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Was it just me or did Okada look "bigger" than normal. Like he'd put on some muscle and lost a little leanness? I recall him having way more of an Ibushi style frame than that, but maybe I just haven't really paid enough attention to him recently and didn't notice.

No, he's got a filled out silhouette. Which makes sense with his positioning as a Muscle Junior.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I haven't really been impressed by Aleja yet. Not sure why.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

I haven't really been impressed by Aleja yet. Not sure why.

He's..... fine.

Which, yeah, I guess that's the "problem". He's just, perfectly fine and otherwise doesn't really stand out at all.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Aleja vs Hidaka. Aleja has impressed me so far. Hidaka is kind of The Other Guy from Los Perros Del Mal. This is slower and more deliberate than the previous juniors match, and the crowd aren't as into it. Aleja's version of the tope con hero always looks spectacular. Bit of a filler match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

OK, time for some absolute bullshit in the best way.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Kenoh has a constant expression like he got two scoops of ice cream and the other boy got three.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

C'mon big boys!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Kenoh has a constant expression like he got two scoops of ice cream and the other boy got three.

Being Kenoh he may actually be mad he got three scoops and the other boy got ANY, I don't think he's EVER happy :allears:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

When another boy has the GHC national title

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If Yone still had his king powers he'd have kicked out of that :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

When another boy has the GHC national title

:lol:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Last time they were in this building they did 1236 for Mutoh/Kaito which was their biggest draw in Fukuoka for almost a decade. If they can beat that, it'd be a really positive sign.

(For comparison the only other company who runs this building are NJPW and they did 2211 and 2367 for Jay/Tanahashi and Ospreay/Shingo this year and claimed 2e67 as a sellout)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Kenoh and Soya vs King Tany and Yone. There's a moment early in this where Soya hits Tany, who just grins like "yay, I know this game!". And that's the sort of match this is. Beefy men having fun slugging each other. Kenoh looked great, because Kenoh looks great. Soya is looking increasingly disgruntled and that's good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ogawa, Yoshioka, and Yano vs Yo Hey, Eita, and Kotaro Suzuki. Yano had a coming out party of a match the other night. Wonder how he'll do tonight. Perros are suitable scumbags, and it's a pretty good fun Stinger /Perros match, but we've seen better tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm not entirely sure why pouring water on Ogawa is a terrible insult but okay!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wish they never changed YO-HEY's theme because that scene would play out better with Africa playing over it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Was YO-HEY one of the people who tortured the monkey, or do I just think that because he looks like the kind of person who would torture a monkey?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Was YO-HEY one of the people who tortured the monkey, or do I just think that because he looks like the kind of person who would torture a monkey?

YO-HEY took the fall for the monkey torture. There has been some suggestion that he was the fall guy and guys higher up the food chain like Shingo and Tozawa were more to blame but nobody really knows for sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat that delayed vertical was great

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Sakuraba and Sugiura vs Kotoge and Harada. A deliberately lopsided match, pitting power and technique against speed. Harada and Sugi are remarkable together. Kotoge is a solid enough foil, but is rarely the most spectacular part of a match. Sakuraba goes full grapplefuck at points of this, which is always lovely. All in all this is a nice cool down from Sugiura's National title run. Decent fun, ending in a Doomsday Device.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh sweet, time for the Jr Titl.... oh right, the challenger is NOSAWA...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The ref was looking DIRECTLY at that chairshot....

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Hayata vs Nosawa. It's messed up that I'm rooting for Hayata. That they've driven me to this. This isn't a *bad*match, but it's slow. Nosawa is as dirty a fighter as always, blades relatively early, and overall wrestles a Nosawa match. Hayata doesn't quite have the stylistic confidence to put his own imprint on the match. There's good stuff in here, but Nosawa could make a handshake feel overbooked. Thankfully Nosawa resisted his worst urge here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aleja being the next challenger doesn't really fill me with too much excitement, I have to admit.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Being English and tired, Tadasuke starting off with an "oi oi!" was funny to me.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Aleja being the next challenger doesn't really fill me with too much excitement, I have to admit.

"Hayata, you must face the fourth most impressive of the Kongoh juniors to fight tonight!"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I actually don't need to see Kiyomiya beat Mutoh in a wrestling match. I'd be entirely happy just seeing him beat Mutoh with a car battery.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey look, Mutoh fighting off the entire opposing team all by himself.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Beefy six man. Inaba is coming into his own as a weird muscleboy, Kita and Kito, the Miya twins, are both on top form. Marufuji is always excellent, and Mochizuki's bag of weird tricks is always fun. Keiji Mutoh was also in this match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:geno:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There is a commentator in Mutoh cosplay in the picture-in-picture :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If Mutoh takes a tag belt off Kiyomiya I swear to loving god