Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Venomous posted:

So are we on track for a red wave in 2024 or nah

Prepare for a tsunami of LCL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Every election is the most important yet and the drama and the tension build until everyone remembers that America sucks poo poo at counting votes.

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

has anyone considered that DeSantis being popular in Florida may not necessarily translate into him being popular with people who don't live in Florida

Florida is like 30% of the US. Add Texas and thats like 60%. Sure you have another 30% each in Cali and NYC but then you have to add the 30% in the south and Midwest.

Precambrian Video Games has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Nov 9, 2022

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Just saw that Sean Patrick Maloney ate poo poo, lol and lmao at blue dogs.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

1glitch0 posted:

what I wanted out of last night was Oz and Stacy Abrams to lose and for there to be significant tears from dems or republicans. I'm good on the first two, but no tears since the country decided to not even rearrange the chair on the Titanic and decided to do nothing instead.

Doing nothing is the new doing something.

Even voters are "quiet quitting"!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mad Wack posted:

bummer that debbie wasperman shultz kept her job in FL despite dems gettin owned

Yeah that's a real... "buzz" kill hahaha

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Apraxin posted:

oh wow, susan wild held on to pa-07, i was sure that was going to be one of the easiest gop pick-ups
https://twitter.com/tomozCali/status/1590534050221281280

I just want to know how this happens:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Tibalt posted:

I mean it seems pretty obvious, Carbon County residents are dumber than a big bag of hammers and they appreciate a candidate who will tell it like it is

I just want to know what the write-in candidate who got zero votes was thinking and all we have is his Ballotpedia campaign survey page to figure out why he didn't even vote for himself.

Role model: Richard Feynman
Favourite book: "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk
Favourite reps: Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Checks out.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Violent automotive crime is way up so where are the candidates vowing to take are cars away and lock up road ragers forever?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I dunno, I read in the NYT that Biden is a lifelong supporter of trains and labor I'm not searching for train.mpreg

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Why would Democrats, who are generally pro-labor, try to force an agreement on workers?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

quote:

Why can’t railroads reach an agreement with the unions?

Like many industries recovering from the adverse impact of the pandemic, rail carriers were left with few options for maintaining business levels while dealing with employee shortfalls. Unions complained that, as a result of the labor shortage, carriers mandated that their employees work for long stretches — sometimes spanning weeks at a time — through strict attendance policies.

Industry analysts also say the conflict stems from the focus on lowering expenses like labor costs in the industry’s business model, which has left rail networks with a limited number of ways to work around disruptions like pandemics and natural disasters.

Love to imply that "labor shortage" is some unpredictable and implacable force of nature like pandemics and natural disasters.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

Was she ever a Dem at all :thunk:

She never fit perfectly in either national party. One truly wonders what could have been if the Democrats had only been more tolerant and open-minded of true mavericks.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/travtravtrav/status/1602725298197254144

Can we compromise at 'some blood for oil, miniature American flags for all'?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

PoundSand posted:

Who does? I work at a gov site funded entirely by doe and we don't get it off lol.

My favorite thing about juneteenth existing is asking during annual DEI training if we're going to start recognizing it as a holiday.

Just work for the state government, easy as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

A perfect comment on an article about Eric Adams' handling of "out of control" crime in NYC:

The "root causes" canard is an excuse for taking no action.

Addressing root causes will take generations with uncertain results, at best.

Another reason why the progressive cannot be trusted with power or governance.