Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

does he think the house and senate are different branches of government

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

I gave $100 to Jess Scarane and then dodged a call from Delaware because somebody else had posted that the campaign was calling even donors that small to hit them up for more money and that sounds like the most awkward conversation I'd ever have in my life.

next time jess calls you, feel free to forward the call to me. i will gladly talk to jess, for hours and hours. we can talk about a lot of things. the forums, nichael, ap history, the mall, top40 music, you name it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Man their campaign was in real sad state if the actual candidate was calling $100 donors

my nonprofit makes more than the jess campaign (although they did raise a nice sum it appears well done nichael) and ive called people for less. ive had the artistic director call for less!! sometims u have small donors but their demographics indicate that maybe sometime in the future they could be large donors... so u have to nurture the relationship to coax it out of them. this is a little thing called "sucking dick for money" ... technical term we use in the nonprofit 'biz

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

you should suck my dick for free bitch. haha just kidding.... unelss??

you would like for me, a man, to suck you dick, due to your overwhelming g*yness. whereas i would suck a mans dick to deprive a woman of the pleasure due to misogyny.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ArmZ posted:

it's almost like the only war is class war...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

lol big shout out to all the people who screamed at the left to vote for biden and did everything in their power to prevent Bernie from winning and then proceeded to destroy any popular progressive policies from being passed great job you got what you wanted and now the republicans are gonna get a supermajority in 2022 followed by a landslide trump victory in 2024 congrats for the reminder why to never vote for you

:cheerdoge:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm loving shaking right now, just praying that Omalley Dillon is empowered

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

how are we doing on this list

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1349354126711418881?lang=en

(Harry Reid tells us it's coming)

lmfao embed ducklo returns hahahahhahahahahahahah

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Jennifer Brigid O'Malley Dillon is an American political strategist and campaign manager serving as the White House deputy chief of staff under President Joe Biden. She was the manager of Biden's 2020 presidential campaign. O'Malley Dillon previously served as the manager of Beto O'Rourke's 2020 presidential campaign

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

This is part of why I mostly stopped discussing this stuff with people. It's very easy to understand what Dems aren't willing to do - they will never do anything that would have a significant negative impact on one of their powerful stakeholders. This rule always holds true, and it means that they can never take meaningful action on (for example) climate change or health care, because doing so would anger a large industry (and most large industries have positive relationships with the Democratic Party).

There isn't a single exception where the party has taken an action that truly angered or financially hurt an industry that the party previously had a positive relationship with. You can know 100% that they won't pass a policy if it would have such an impact. So if someone still believes they will do those things, it's completely because of blind faith, and you can't argue with that.

drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

source=digg. … busted bitch.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ardennes posted:

. The system really isn’t designed for a stable one party system.

we are currently living in a stable one party system, op.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
don’t talk poo poo on jimmy carter

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Jimmy Farter

big talk from a guy who dodged me and the many yacht parties i invited him to. mods?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Griz posted:

the democrats might be able to save themselves by killing the filibuster and passing that voting rights bill but instead they're just gonna sit there and do nothing while they get gerrymandered into irrelevance

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1330744514689069056

holy poo poo lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CaptainACAB posted:

Nah the Dems died 20 years ago when they let Bush just declare himself president and did nothing to stop it despite still controlling the government. What you're seeing now is just the muscle spasms.

thats fair. agreed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Top Gun Reference posted:

this interview is one of my earliest crack pings. nearly 10 years old and still relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtSnROYYBgI

ive never seen this before but 15 mins in im already jumping up and down on my chair hooting and hollaring. im firing my revolvers into the ceiling and throwing whiskey bottles all over the place. overturning card table, etc.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i liked this, thanks!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this guy is so drat articulate, drat! really speaks with an enviable clarity of prose. i wish i could line up my thoughts as elegantly as he does.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MLSM posted:

Read Chris hedges books if you can

I’d start with American Fascists and America the Farewell Tour

:bisonyes:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gay_crimes posted:

thanks, watched the whole thing

yep. its what separates the men from the boys. wheat from the chaff. small sons from big dawgs. little thing called theory. easy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

Remembering when they had a special Good Guy Cop who was specifically trained to be the PR face since everyone was getting mad at the cops

He got caught on camera punching a handcuffed man in the back of the head lmao

and that handcuffed man? adolf hitler

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shady Amish Terror posted:

IIRC on his own recognizance Obama was a college communist until he learned that you can't pick up chicks by quoting theory at them and he just sort of went whole-hog on being the most cynical opportunistic piece of poo poo he could be

imagine getting turned down so hard you start drone-striking american citizens, it's like being a secret incel supervillain

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

honestly would love to see this and yes i would fully "become" the "joker"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*leaning back in my big chair in my filthy rotting CHUD Chamber* love to see 2 woke queens utterly destroyed....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

very possible she gets dumped in the primaries. no natural base, low favorables. michelle would beat her 96% to 4%

i think they should mud wrestle for it, personally

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hell throw mayor pete in there too. but hes also a trained killer (cia black ops, krav maga... etc) so maybe not fair. but is this sexist, or just "realist" ?? ill take my response off the air :tipshat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
michelle probably has 20 pounds of muslce and 4 inches of reach on pete. but he is fast and expertly trained in ninjutsu. in this case can technique overwhelm the sheer size advantage?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MLSM posted:

Can someone post the video of this i forgot what its called but its great

2 seconds reverse google search man cmon man cmon man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AeO-dKGBLs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
who was the big boss of the clinton branch? i would assume bill since he was the pres and also an insanely competent / ruthless neoliberal world breaker. is this true? or are there other.. illuminati ppl... its interesting to me!! who is the puppetmaster........ ....... :ninja:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the big boss was always hillary, going back to the old days. there was a bunch of old conservative hollering about how bill was just the folksy face of the operations, while hillary was the malevolent womany brain, and where convenient the clintons leaned into that

hilariously, thanks to this the primary attack on clinton from the right up until lewinsky was that he was an effeminate weirdo who didn't have the balls to show his wife her place in the relationship, a sign of the creeping pussification of america

it is occasionally nice to imagine how furious she is that she is reduced to having to be Kamala's #1 superfan, because that's the last dying gasp of the empire

intredasting.....

we now have contenters on both sides of the Clinton aisle...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ok so nobody knows the answer to this question. is there a way to find out. do i have to join the skull and bones.. ?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

I’m not sure I understand brunch. breakfast just whatever is the first meal of the day. lunch is second. lmao if you’re having breakfast and brunch and lunch after that.

uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
america is full of hosed up puritans lmfao. fail rear end country.