Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

This has been decent so far, still waiting for Uncle Jun to annihilate Bodyguard to punish him for beating Ueno and Yoshimura

Ahem, Bodyger thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was okay, kind of flat ending to be honest.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

UNCLE JUN :neckbeard:

Bodyguard finishes with 2W3L 4P
Akiyama finishes with 3W2L 6P, he holds a tiebreaker over Endo but Hino holds one over him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

So these two are former tag champions, and the B Block math is so much easier than the A Block

quote:

B Block matches are HARASHIMA/Okabayashi and Takeshita/Higuchi. Both Takeshita and Okabayashi are on 7 points, so whoever gets the better result against their opponent will go through. If they both win, I think they'd have to go to match lengths or something as they'd each have perfect tiebreakers over the field. If they both Lose or Draw, Okabayashi goes through as he will have the best tiebreaker against the next guy down the field in Higuchi

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I hope i'm half as mobile as HARASHIMA when i'm 47

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looking at these two you would not expect the story of the match to have been HARASHIMA overwhelming and dominating an increasingly desperate Okabayashi.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

No respect for HIrata at ringside :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God he's doing all four sides :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Love a goodmeaty kick

That leglock is pretty sweet as well

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

STRIKE

BATTLE

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's such an incredible visual, the torture rack with the busted face

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

5 minutes left :kingsley:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The laughter :stonklol:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress this is so good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy poo poo, after a quiet start these two fuckin blitzed the last 20 minutes. Ruled

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HARASHIMA finishes 0W1D4L 1P
Okabayashi finishes on 3W2D0L 8P
- He goes through if Higuchi wins the main event or if it's a time limit draw

e: Oh wait, I tell a lie because DDT's Tiebreakers are different than New Japans

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1462271564368343040

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jeez these two have started fast, doubt this one is hitting the half hour mark

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

SG Bamboo posted:

Jeez these two have started fast, doubt this one is hitting the half hour mark

This is what I've been waiting for. This owns.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HOLY poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welp so much for the math!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Take cannot be stopped, is he gonna win as champ?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao that shot of okabayashi after

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

lmao that shot of okabayashi after

Gonna go find HARASHIMA and beat him up some more!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If Endo wins or ties this, he goes through. If Ueno wins this, who the gently caress knows because it'll be a four way tie on 6 points with a bunch of different tiebreakers

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That powerbomb backbreaker is brutal looking

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

SG Bamboo posted:

That powerbomb backbreaker is brutal looking

That got an "oh gently caress" out of me.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Come on Ueno, you need to face your 37K Stablemate in the finals :pray:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We just need more Head Drops, Kobashi is watching after all

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ref: Do you quit? No? Okay I'm gonna gently caress off back into the ring then.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He's still breathing, he's still fighting

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bit very hard on that rollup

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I GASPED

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

If Endo wins or ties this, he goes through. If Ueno wins this, who the gently caress knows because it'll be a four way tie on 6 points with a bunch of different tiebreakers

Welp!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MY

loving

BOY

That was awesome

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Confirmed, 37K teamkill in the finals :dance:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1462281520249405452

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well that was fun, the HARASHIMA/Okabayashi match ruled, Hyper Misao showed up, Takeshita dominated, and Ueno won against the odds. Yay DDT!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Even though i'm annoyed half the shows were tape delayed i'm very happy with how the tournament went, finals are in two weeks on the 5th.

DDT remains DDT, there's stuff that didn't exactly click with me tonight and stuff I loved, but on the whole another great show :)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Posting from the past, specifically from Night 1.

I missed a lot of the 8-Man Tag because I was making scrambler eggs for breakfast. They were very pleasant. Probably used too much better but fortunately that improves the taste only at the expense of blocking my arteries so price worth paying. Do like Yoshihiko is now a champion with 2 of DISASTER BOX when 15 months ago he was in a blood feud with them that culminated in an eye being ripped out & a massive explosion. Good to let by-gones be by-gones.

Seeing the D-Ou field all in one place really cements how great the field is. Just stacked. And also The Bodygar is here. Love that Kobashi I'd semi-regularly involved with DDT these days.

I think today was the day that finally Dieno's shtick wore thin for me. I blame Pheromones honestly, that faction has the strongest go away heat with me since...the last time I watched the EVIL/Togo circus. So of course they win the belt that was one of the best parts of 2020 DDT. Sigh. Just exceptionally dull & annoying.

Ah, this is more like it. Masa & Saki against Chihiro & well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. That Gwen Stefani tune is still great, I should dig that album out. Naya should join Pheromones. Taking the time to say that tomorrow (23rd November) has a real good looking Sendai Girls show which is in iPPV & might get uploaded later to usual places. I hope so. Match was fine.

MJ Paul is upsetting. I used to think he was a rookie and that explained why he sucks but he's 17 years in. Anyway, match wasn't great and this undercard is testing me. At least this should be the last match I don't care about. Paul's Thesz press was hilariously ugly. Yoshimura & Bodyguard just breaking down on each other was fun

Hey, 4 wrestlers in a match who are all cool. Lego pervert never misses a chance. Double stomp through the box o' Lego was cool. A box filled with balloons? Odd. That flippy poo poo from MAO into the boxes looked gnarly. Everyone getting Wrestle Universe 0 Yen posters on their head is very good. loving wrestling man, gently caress You Shunma forkboard. I'm trying to imagine explaining this nonsense to a non-fan & sounding like a loon. "Yeah, he throws darts into Shunma's back and then Shunma embeds one in his cheek, very normal".

And this is what we're here for, no shenanigans, just some nice brutal Higuchi chops.

Endo vs Hino is simultaneously really good but also felt like there was chemistry missing? Also my expectations were probably unrealistic because they both rule, still well worth watching. Also the audio & video got out of sync so guess I gotta restart the stream.

Uncle Jun teaches Ueno a lesson in violence, but the yoof ain't listening. Fantastic.

Main event is MOTN. Nothing more needs said, also it's easier to complain about nonsense than focus on the positives of plain good wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Endo vs Hino is simultaneously really good but also felt like there was chemistry missing?

Yeah that was the biggest disappointment from Night 1 for me. I expected that they would have some great fire after the DAMNATION sendoff but it just felt kind of bland outside of a few really cool sequences. They both had better matches later in the tournament, Hino especially had some absolute bangers with Ueno and Uncle Jun