Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Hi fellow non-ghosts, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could come together and share our various experiences exorcising malevolent spirits! uh no particular reason, but it would be extremely convenient to share strategies one could use to drive them out and, this is the important bit, keep them out!

I'll start where I imagine most of you would start, namely wikihow. they recommend "firmly asking the spirit to leave, avoiding anger or fear" which sounds simple until you take into account how gosh darn irksome spirits can be. maybe they just don't know better but they've gotten into my edibles and dangit those things are expensive! anyway I feel like I've been sufficiently firm, if somewhat miffed, but they've decided to be stubborn.

wikihow then provides this helpful suggestion:

I did not actually read the accompanying text but it's pretty obvious what they are depicting in the illustration, and believe me, I've been doing a LOT of that and it's not helping with the ghosts. as previously mentioned my edibles are now ruined (bloody eyeballs are not vegan dammit, these spirits are so darn insensitive) so this whole approach is mostly a failure. except at getting my household extremely :okpos: so it's not a total loss.

so I kept going and found this illustration of a lady using gendered slurs against a demon:

and I'll be honest I'm just kind of uncomfortable using that sort of language around here.

so let's put our heads together and come up with some alternatives!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

:argh: close my thread will you? I'll get you yet, you wascally spiwits!

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
the only thing that scares a ghost is a dracula so I strongly suggest that ve invite them all into our houses tonight so they can keep us safe

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

alnilam

Here's a tip - don't keep any white bedsheets in the house. That way if you see a white bedsheet style ghost, you know it's not a prankster from your own household

This will help avoid any unfortunate proton pack accidents *looks sadly into the distance*

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Here's a tip - don't keep any white bedsheets in the house. That way if you see a white bedsheet style ghost, you know it's not a prankster from your own household

This will help avoid any unfortunate proton pack accidents *looks sadly into the distance*

lol

Sherbert Hoover posted:

the only thing that scares a ghost is a dracula so I strongly suggest that ve invite them all into our houses tonight so they can keep us safe

excellent point, to a dracula a ghost is just a big Ecto Cooler

ty nesamdoom!

corn haver
When I see a ghost I typically turn stark white and blubber while trying to tell my companion and comedic foil about the ghost. Stuff like "I just saw.. a g.gg.gg.gg..." and I can't get the rest out. Sometimes I get so scared I flap my lips with my index finger while going "a-blee blee bloo blee". Hope that helps anyone else who inexplicably gets into ghost encounter scenarios on a weekly basis.

nut

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica

corn haver posted:

When I see a ghost I typically turn stark white and blubber while trying to tell my companion and comedic foil about the ghost. Stuff like "I just saw.. a g.gg.gg.gg..." and I can't get the rest out. Sometimes I get so scared I flap my lips with my index finger while going "a-blee blee bloo blee". Hope that helps anyone else who inexplicably gets into ghost encounter scenarios on a weekly basis.

Frankly this is the only good advice in the thread!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lurkers Must Ghost

by Pragmatica

Ghouled Mango posted:

Frankly this is the only good advice in the thread!

We have been attacked, friend

----------------

Manifisto

Lurkers Must Ghost posted:

We have been attacked, friend

think of it as more like being glomped

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

corn haver posted:

lol

Should you go on to find a sack of flour or a can of white (possibly even luminous) paint, you might inquire what a ghost would need with such things

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica
I drink the paint and I use the flour to bathe myself like a chinchilla.

----------------

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

lol

Should you go on to find a sack of flour or a can of white (possibly even luminous) paint, you might inquire what a ghost would need with such things

oh poo poo

maybe it was old man bo-pepper, the caretaker, this whole time???

ty nesamdoom!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
Buy poo poo
https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Box-Temp-Built-Flashlight/dp/B08S5MPV52
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Detector-Paranormal-Equipment-Portable/dp/B088TKJT3C
https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-774-Non-contact-Thermometer/dp/B00837ZGRY
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Voice-Activated-Recorder-Lectures/dp/B07KBWN8L1
https://www.amazon.com/Camcorder-YouTube-Vlogging-Recorder-Batteries/dp/B09J4BR7HB
https://www.amazon.com/WICCSTAR-Spirit-Planchette-Detailed-Instruction/dp/B08152JN34

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

a d-d-d-deal!!!!

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

biosterous

does anyone have any ghost haunting tips and tricks, like if i (a non-ghost) wants to haunt a ghost what would be the best way to do that

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

boo-osterous posted:

does anyone have any ghost haunting tips and tricks, like if i (a non-ghost) wants to haunt a ghost what would be the best way to do that

well it's kind of rude but if you offer a ghost delicious food, it sort of falls right through their mouths and onto the floor before they can taste it

ty nesamdoom!

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica
I'm haunted by all the loves that soured, all the opportunities not taken. So if you want to haunt a ghost I would say live a full, fulfilling life packed with intimate friendships and risks taken passionately, where a ghost can see it.

----------------

Manifisto

Ghouled Mango posted:

I'm haunted by all the loves that soured, all the opportunities not taken. So if you want to haunt a ghost I would say live a full, fulfilling life packed with intimate friendships and risks taken passionately, where a ghost can see it.

drat, ghost hitting me right in the feels

ty nesamdoom!

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica
Maybe we aren't so different, you and I...

----------------

Manifisto

tell that to all the thread tags you so carelessly slaughtered!

ty nesamdoom!

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica
A ghost changing thread tags... a mod silencing their foes for hours at a time on a whim... are we both not mere insects playing god in the face of the whirlwind?

----------------

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica
Look within your heart. You cannot deny it any longer. Join us!

----------------

Manifisto

Ghouled Mango posted:

Look within your heart. You cannot deny it any longer. Join us!

*scrunches up face, luke skywalker style* er, no?

ty nesamdoom!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
zack bagans: is there anyone in here with me right now

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
zack bagans is a douche because he goes to visit the ghosts and is always like "hey tell me about why you murdered your husband and hung yourself, let's talk about how you're dead" and never like "hey we brought some brews and an 8th of sour diesel and Ahmed brought his turntables and he's gonna do a drum n bass set if you wanna come downstairs and hang out" and its kind of a disgusting example of othering and exoticism by the Ghost Adventures crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica

Barco Fiesta posted:

zack bagans is a douche because he goes to visit the ghosts and is always like "hey tell me about why you murdered your husband and hung yourself, let's talk about how you're dead" and never like "hey we brought some brews and an 8th of sour diesel and Ahmed brought his turntables and he's gonna do a drum n bass set if you wanna come downstairs and hang out" and its kind of a disgusting example of othering and exoticism by the Ghost Adventures crew.

I've been saying this

----------------