Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Methinks an estate agent is about to get sued out of existence for failing to do any money laundering checks whatsoever.

I think they wrote plenty of checks for the money launderer, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

Could we stage a pile on of wizard master please. While we still can.

That's exactly what he wants, he's a pile on fetishist

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I found a rich! Gettim!

Piling on someone is illegal now, Johnny. :cop:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

You'd expect a vice chairman to be adept at vices and sleaze.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

sinky posted:

I'm pretty sure every non agency job contract i've had has a clause about not having second jobs. I guess that sort of thing is just for the little people who need to be beholden to one employer, not people who are rich and/or supposed to be concentrating on running the country.

I can only speak from Finnish perspective, but here reprentation is not consider equal to having a job. MP's don't even get a salary, they get a 'reward'. Usually they don't have time for other jobs but some are ceo's and many are in boards of directors in companies or coops, as well as positions in union, town councils etc.

And on the other hand, no employer can forbid you from taking part in politics. It would be impossible to find people for town councils otherwise. All the clauses I've seen only restrict you from working for a competitor in the same business.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Angepain posted:

what a weird sun article. did they just see "lowtax" trending on twitter and decide to poo poo out something to ride the trend or something

The theory that Lowtax and Lizzy II were the same person is gaining credibility.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Is he ghost writing for COVID-19?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Huh? What does this even mean? Like, we all are to some extent used to hearing views that we don't like. But that's not the same as having to accept hate speech or harassment. Without context or clarification this tweet is utterly pointless.

e: ah, the link to article was in follow up tweet. Why not post the article instead of a tweet, though?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fran-unsworth-tells-bbc-staff-get-used-to-hearing-views-you-dont-like-gz7f07cpk

e2: well, the article is paywalled so now I'm none the wiser.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 14, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Death is one of those things that isn't possible to avoid forever* and some of those people would have probably died of something else if the pandemic hadn't happened given the age of the population, but looking at trends it seems 60-80 thousand of those Covid-19 deaths were avoidable.

And that's just 2020, so there's the massive spike in early 2021 too.

*although maybe if Alan Johnson was health secretary during the pandemic we could have got something like this

Another complication in the math is that there is a larger than zero number of people who died unncessarily soon not of having covid, but of not getting treatment for other illnesses in time because of covid measures (eg. not able to go to cancer screening) or of depression and lack of activity caused by lockdowns and quarantines. How do you count them? Some of them might have survived longer if there were less anti-covid measures, but then more people would have died directly by covid-19.

Another thing to consider is that comparing covid deaths between eg. China and Britain is not that straightforward, first you get different reporting standards and secondly Britain's population is relatively elder than China's. Meanwhile Italy has the eldest population in all of Europe and unsurprisingly they also had the worst epidemic anywhere.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Just Another Lurker posted:

If the Queen is dead, how long is the current paper money valid for?
At least one thing is sure: all mail on its way will be returned to sender to replace stamps with ones bearing the resemblance of king Charles.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Kew anon, surely?

E: queue anon possibly, as them british people love queues am i right guuuys

Queen-anon

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Thoughts and prayers minus thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jedit posted:

What I have a problem with is them not saying so from the off because nobody who uses a bomb is anything other than a terrorist. But they didn't, and by saying they had to wait to "examine his methodology" when his methodology was literally the first and only thing we knew it's transparently obvious that it was because they didn't want to say it until they were sure that the bomber either failed the paper bag test or was Irish.

They had to ascertain if there was a bomb or if the car just was a Tesla. :tesla: