Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

killerwhat posted:

I did this career change via a coding bootcamp. I’m a few months into my first job as a programmer “graduate software engineer”. It’s going alright and I’m looking forward to being wildly overpaid within the next few years

I also did a coding bootcamp but I was so loving burned out by the end it took me enough time to get over it that I forgot basically everything we'd been taught

they're a decent way to get into tech but make sure you know exactly what to expect before you commit to one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
depends if they go in soon enough after Keith’s whiskey cupboard has been replenished

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
can we really not think of something better to criticise Boris over than "he fat lol"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kecske posted:

thread is very inconsistent on when it's OK to poke fun at someone's appearance and when it's not.

he is fat though lol

personally I lean more towards "never", but generally ITT it's more acceptable if the thing you're mocking is a personal choice (like Michael Fabricant's hair) rather than something the person can't control

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
willingly reading Torygraph comments is a level of masochism not even the subbiest Fetlife user could aspire to

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think Vaughan's done, him continuing to double down on "no I never said that" while more and more people confirm it happened is making him look worse by the day

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
lol if you think Keith is ever going to be PM, he’s going to get kicked long before the next GE

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

SixFigureSandwich posted:

she might then get eaten by predators

I think she's a bit old for Andrew

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Danny Finkelstein is a moron Guardian columnist IIRC (but I repeat myself)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the media want rid of Boris, they don't want rid of the Tories altogether

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
banning cars is a great idea in theory but if you don’t have alternative infrastructure in place first (which nowhere in this country does with the possible exception of London) then you’re just punishing people who rely on them for such luxuries as, uh, getting to work, or buying food, or transporting their families around

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
ah yes, the traditional Labour platform of not raising taxes

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr Phillby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSIhX-VWhtQ

I mean I'd prefer Bowie to Nu Metal but I think this new variant should reconsider its relationship with to the disgraced Auteur videogame director David Cage.

David Cage is disgraced now? what did he do, besides spending far too much time and money making video games where taking a piss is a necessary part of the story

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

swimming wearing a pouch that only covers your balls and has straps around each thigh.

thought I was still on the Fetlife tab for a second

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

BalloonFish posted:

:same:

It took me a shockingly long time to work out what they actually meant, rather than trying to find some LibDem-knocking joke that I just couldn't get.

I mean "brain wired wrong" is a pretty good description of most Lib Dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

Trip report: went to Tesco this evening and I'd say probably 80-90% of people were wearing masks, which is much more than I thought.

my Tesco trip was maybe 60% masked and if anything the staff were dragging that percentage down