Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
It took a shockingly long time for hin to capitalize on his brief stint near trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe we're the crazy ones did you ever think that

No, but the VA did.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Has anyone watched "Patriot Purge" yet, and could provide a trip report?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Also, cross-posting from my Secret Satan post, since it's a current event:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Due to sea-freight being turbo-hosed, half the world has been scrambling to send interim-shipments via air-freight to avoid stockouts due to delayed sea-freight, and this has already brought some of the European hubs to the breaking point, nevermind the customs offices attached to them.

Current standing advice to suppliers shipping to Europe is to avoid Frankfurt airport AT ALL COSTS.

And we're still more than a month and a half away from Christmas.

Sea-freight to the US is already extremely hosed due to the already existing strain on the supply chain being strained by the COVID-aftershocks, and the looming longshoremen-strike last month had tons of suppliers switch to air-freight relief shipments to the US as well.
Now, without having a complete understanding of US air-freight logstics/the US-intermodal supply chain, I kinda assume relief/replacement-shipments via air to the US will not create the same chaos they've created in Europe (due to cargo flights probably having more potential destinations in the US), I assume the customs offices will be just as hosed as they are over here, because lol government etc.

European logistics are going to turn into an absolute clusterfuck this year, same for the rest of the world probably. If you absolutely, positively are looking to order something for Christmas that you've been eyeballing, don't wait for Black Friday or holiday sales or whatever, order it now.

/edit:
Also, go sign up for TF's SecretSatan thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983682

/Double-edit:
@McNally/IKs: Can you unlock the last CE thread and dump the current CE thread and the SecretSatan thread links in there before locking it again?
I only browse SA through my bookmarks, and if the last post in a monthly-thread doesn't link to the new one, I'll occasionally miss those for some time, I assume I'm not the only one.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 2, 2021

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GoGoGadget posted:

I went to a Renaissance festival this past weekend and the dude doing most of the talking for the joust had the crowd shouting "Let's go, Brandon!" a lot. I just figured his name was Brandon. gently caress.

Guess I should have known when be said "Make Medieval Times Great Again."

That sure is a thing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GoGoGadget posted:

I went to a Renaissance festival this past weekend and the dude doing most of the talking for the joust had the crowd shouting "Let's go, Brandon!" a lot. I just figured his name was Brandon. gently caress.

Guess I should have known when be said "Make Medieval Times Great Again."

Jesus loving Christ

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jesus loving Christ
If anyone has any optimism about how America recovers from this bullshit, please share it...

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
sorry, bud, this is just life now

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We've been in a post-truth society for quite a few years now, it's just that facebook and other poo poo turbocharged the distribution. And yet somehow, we came up with vaccines within a year for a virus humans had never encountered before. We contain multitudes.

Also, we've had two voters in 20 minutes for this municipal election. This 14-hour day might drag a bit!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

We've been in a post-truth society for quite a few years now, it's just that facebook and other poo poo turbocharged the distribution. And yet somehow, we came up with vaccines within a year for a virus humans had never encountered before. We contain multitudes.

Also, we've had two voters in 20 minutes for this municipal election. This 14-hour day might drag a bit!

Put out a sign outside that says Free Weed and Strippers.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

facialimpediment posted:

I was at polling places putting up signs for our non-insane school board candidates this morning and caught the poll workers dragging in at 5:30. I'm guessing we'd get a ton more poll workers if it was two shifts instead of "share this room with strangers, half of whom hate you, for 14 goddamn hours."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's an elementary school, so it would be a non-stdh version of this: https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1455205413863915523?t=LI-Tu0M08z8Lzvvu-ulMTg&s=19

stealie72 posted:

I'm guessing we'd get a ton more poll workers if it was two shifts instead of "share this room with strangers, half of whom hate you, for 14 goddamn hours."

Yeah that's a solid point, but I do get $245 for the whole day ($195 for non-pandemic times). I think it's handled that way because a shitload of workers nationwide just don't show up or go randomly missing through the day.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
a parent put her I Voted sticker on her little kid as she was leaving

VOTER FRAUD LOCKER UP

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

a parent put her I Voted sticker on her little kid as she was leaving

VOTER FRAUD LOCKER UP

:bustem:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Has anyone watched "Patriot Purge" yet, and could provide a trip report?

I was going to but it is paywalled on FoxNews as far as I can tell. Throwing views is one thing, but throwing cash their way is not what I’m going to do.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol, air force deadline for covid vaccine is today, 10-12k morons possibly on the block for disobeying a lawful order.

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-covid-vaccines-trainees-airmen-discipline/

Give them all articles and set them to mowing lawns with scissors or clearing snow with a spoon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol, air force deadline for covid vaccine is today, 10-12k morons possibly on the block for disobeying a lawful order.

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-covid-vaccines-trainees-airmen-discipline/

Give them all articles and set them to mowing lawns with scissors or clearing snow with a spoon.

Sounds like a job for Mingo One!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

There’s video of Biden appearing to fall asleep at COP26 so you can anticipate at least a few days of low-effort Sleepy Joe jokes posted by your racist uncle on Facebook.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1455283505533947904

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There’s video of Biden appearing to fall asleep at COP26 so you can anticipate at least a few days of low-effort Sleepy Joe jokes posted by your racist uncle on Facebook.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1455283505533947904

Eh, just respond with video of Trump falling asleep during a state dinner with Queen Elizabeth.

"So you agree we should stop electing catastrophically old people."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Sounds like a job for Mingo One!

I can't wait to see the army vaccine date to roll around. Gonna be some good looking battalion and brigade headquarters with all that labor in the near future.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hell, I fall asleep at conferences all the time and I'm not even the President.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

McNally posted:

Eh, just respond with video of Trump falling asleep during a state dinner with Queen Elizabeth.

Or you could go the “throat GOAT” route.

Try to get them arguing that Trump slept more presidentially.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It’ll be interesting to see what the military actually does with this. I’m not convinced that the FAA is going to actually do anything when push comes to shove and progressive discipline starts

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

fknlo posted:

It’ll be interesting to see what the military actually does with this. I’m not convinced that the FAA is going to actually do anything when push comes to shove and progressive discipline starts

So far, around here: GOMOR with separation processing to follow. Those with special conditions are in a wait status and probably get one last chance to get the vaxx without a GOMOR if their exemptions are formally denied.

The primary reasons folks are not done with vaccinations is either waiting on shot 1 timeout so they can get shot 2, a rare incidence like they’ve been in the hospital with an unrelated condition for weeks/months, they’ve been assigned to Nowhere Island on some weird assignment without medical support, or they’re in line for an exemption response. Several exemption packets have come back denied, while others are still being processed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: THE NEXT VOTER WILL BE VOTER 69 :siren:

Edit: it was an older guy, enjoy a comic

https://twitter.com/Halfempty621/status/1455314240462458881?t=7AIT2ZrmfmvTtcUdTptW6A&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 2, 2021

bengy81
May 8, 2010

That poo poo is amazing, still glad I'm not on FB, but stuff like that makes me wish I had an account.

I forgot to sign up to be a poll watcher this year. Not gonna lie though, I'm not missing the old dudes shouting election conspiracies at me for half the day, and with the way school board elections are shaping up, I feel like an inordinate amount of time would be dedicated to chasing off dudes trying to campaign in the parking lot.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

People are being told to drop retirement papers or get brought up on article charges. By the end of the week supposedly.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNally posted:

"So you agree we should stop electing catastrophically old people."

I don’t know the occasional Busshu-suru (ブッシュする) s kind of funny.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Woof Blitzer posted:

People are being told to drop retirement papers or get brought up on article charges. By the end of the week supposedly.

Lol. Awesome.

I haven't been paying attention but I'm surprised I haven't heard comparisons between the covid vax and the anthrax series of 17~ years ago. I'm sure some idiot is clamoring somewhere thinking "the anthrax vax was made optional and this will be too" but I haven't heard it yet.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

real talk from a car parts plant in SC: we started giving a $100 straight cash bonus for proof of vaccination back in march and are still below a 40% take rate as of thursday

Currently we're at a 60% response rate with the vast majority reporting vaccinated. There is apparently a subset of unvaxed who said they'll get the thing if we require it but haven't felt the need to because they're full time remote, which is just :psyduck:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reminder that the NYPD, despite the union's bluster, had only 34 officers (32 of which were already retirement eligible) resign rather than get the shot.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Reminder that the NYPD, despite the union's bluster, had only 34 officers (32 of which were already retirement eligible) resign rather than get the shot.

First time I've heard of cops so scared of getting shot and no one dying.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Joseph A Weed and Laurence Strippers are innocent

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Finneganporter/status/1455573365754933260?t=ZCZt_oXqMCm2HNnzikgBDw&s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What if he does, anyone wanna convert

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What are the odds an impersonator caught wind of this and will show up today?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
so is he actually alive or is this undead JFK Jr

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

so is he actually alive or is this undead JFK Jr

They think his death was faked for reasons

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Is there a country that isn’t insane I should move to? Please advise tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The whole thing doesn't make any sense. Jr has been dead for 20~ years. The anniversary of the assassination is 20 days away. And why would Jr appear on the grassy hill instead of from the book repository window, or just in the middle of the road in a convertible Continental? Wouldn't it be more logical that he appear in the ocean off the coast of New England? Flying a ghost plane?

On top of that, the whole dead lib son of a dead lib (for the time) president to join forces with trump to own the libs? What?