Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They're stupid people, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The whole thing doesn't make any sense. Jr has been dead for 20~ years. The anniversary of the assassination is 20 days away. And why would Jr appear on the grassy hill instead of from the book repository window, or just in the middle of the road in a convertible Continental? Wouldn't it be more logical that he appear in the ocean off the coast of New England? Flying a ghost plane?

On top of that, the whole dead lib son of a dead lib (for the time) president to join forces with trump to own the libs? What?

They loving dumb and crazy as hell man.

I envy them. I bet life is really interesting to go through with that worldview

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

TheWeedNumber posted:

Is there a country that isn’t insane I should move to? Please advise tia

https://youtu.be/g1Sq1Nr58hM

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1455591829198577668

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Too old to become an astronaut lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The whole thing doesn't make any sense. Jr has been dead for 20~ years. The anniversary of the assassination is 20 days away. And why would Jr appear on the grassy hill instead of from the book repository window, or just in the middle of the road in a convertible Continental? Wouldn't it be more logical that he appear in the ocean off the coast of New England? Flying a ghost plane?

On top of that, the whole dead lib son of a dead lib (for the time) president to join forces with trump to own the libs? What?

And Catholic too. Like I don't mean to imply there aren't tons of crazy Catholics into Q stuff, but I suspect it follows more with Protestantism and Evangelicals.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Really don't know wtf I would do about it at my precinct. There was a guy earlier that came in with gently caress [MAYOR] on the back of his hoodie and we didn't notice until he was past check-in. At the time, we only had three people instead of five, and it's not like there would be a fast response from police if he started up some poo poo. So we dealt with him like the obvious Trumpers last year - let them go and deny them the attention, even though we're technically supposed to stop them. They leave faster and it's really best for everyone.

Likely different because this dude's running for NYC mayor, probably way more likely he'd just yell and that's it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

And Catholic too. Like I don't mean to imply there aren't tons of crazy Catholics into Q stuff, but I suspect it follows more with Protestantism and Evangelicals.

Conservative US Catholics just pretend they're evangelicals on everything. There's not actually much difference in belief, even on the big things like biblical literalism and "are vaccines good"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I wasn't even thinking about the religious end of it but lol how many catholics are mad that Biden is president.

And that the pope keeps telling him to take communion. Lol.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

What if he does, anyone wanna convert

I think I'd take the stephen fry approach which is, all this bullshit that could have been done a long rear end time ago, all this suffering and bullshit could have been prevented and now you show your happy rear end up? Get hosed bruh.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

Really don't know wtf I would do about it at my precinct. There was a guy earlier that came in with gently caress [MAYOR] on the back of his hoodie and we didn't notice until he was past check-in. At the time, we only had three people instead of five, and it's not like there would be a fast response from police if he started up some poo poo. So we dealt with him like the obvious Trumpers last year - let them go and deny them the attention, even though we're technically supposed to stop them. They leave faster and it's really best for everyone.

Likely different because this dude's running for NYC mayor, probably way more likely he'd just yell and that's it.

That's an interesting point, seems dumb on many levels. You'd think a GOP candidate in NYC could harp on law & order and point at crime statistics to gain traction but harassing poll workers and acting like a cartoon cat lady might not help that argument. Even as a cat owner I wouldn't take my one indoor cat (this dude owns 17?!) out for a walk as it would stress her out and make me look like a weirdo.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Best Friends posted:

Conservative US Catholics just pretend they're evangelicals on everything. There's not actually much difference in belief, even on the big things like biblical literalism and "are vaccines good"

Yeah this is my not quite tradcath step family that have gone all in on Q since the election.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I can't tell if this is the story of a dad who went murderously crazy after getting infected by the QAnon brainworms or if he committed a horrific but understandable act, though that interpretation is certainly undercut by him leaving the body in the trunk of a car for a year. I think there's probably an ocean of extremely-loving-relevant detail that needs a hell of a lot more context in the bolded section below.

quote:

A Washington man killed his daughter's teenage boyfriend after he believed the beau sold his child to sex traffickers in Seattle, police said.

John Eisenman, 60, was arrested last Friday on a charge of first-degree murder in connection with the 2020 killing of his underage daughter's 19-year-old boyfriend, the Spokane Police Department said Monday.

Authorities say that in October of last year, Eisenman "learned his juvenile daughter was allegedly sold to a sex-trafficking organization in the Seattle area."

Eisenman "obtained information" that his daughter's beau — who police did not identify — "may have been the one responsible for her sale," cops said.

Eisenman and his fiancée claimed that the couple went to Seattle and rescued their daughter in October 2020, according to the Spokesman-Review.

Spokane police couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday to confirm if the daughter had actually been sold into a sex-trafficking ring.

When Eisenman learned that the boyfriend would be somewhere in the city of Airway Heights in November 2020, he waited for him and confronted him when he arrived, according to authorities.

"During that encounter Eisenman abducted the victim, tying him up and placing him in the trunk of a vehicle," police said in a statement, adding that Eisenman "subsequently assaulted the victim by hitting him in the head with a cinder block and then stabbed him" to death.

Police say Eisenman then drove the vehicle — with the body inside — to a remote area in North Spokane County and abandoned the car and the corpse.

The body wasn't found until last month when the vehicle was driven to Spokane "by a third party" who apparently don't know a body was in the trunk, cops said.

The vehicle was then abandoned in the city of Everett.

"While parked on Everett, individuals were rummaging through the car and taking items when they made the gruesome discovery" of the body, police said.

Officers with the Spokane Police Department responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle "with a foul odor emanating from it" on October 22 and found the human remains inside.

Eisenman has been booked into the Spokane County Jail.

Authorities say he had no recent criminal history, nor any violent criminal history.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

The funniest thing is the NYC has still managed to elect Republican Mayors vs say Philadelphia. I thought the last one was Rizzo....but he never was elected as one. I don't think there has been one in my entire life. lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gizmo is a pro as gently caress name for a pet that looks like the pre-Gremlins Gremlins. Gonna write that one down.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol, air force deadline for covid vaccine is today, 10-12k morons possibly on the block for disobeying a lawful order.

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-covid-vaccines-trainees-airmen-discipline/

Give them all articles and set them to mowing lawns with scissors or clearing snow with a spoon.

So what is/are realistic punishments for this under UCMJ?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 2, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

So what is/are realistic punishments for this under UCMJ?
For the Air Force (Academy) ? Probably forced conversion to Judaism or Islam. You'll get those dorks jumping over each other to get the shot. lol

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I can't tell if this is the story of a dad who went murderously crazy after getting infected by the QAnon brainworms or if he committed a horrific but understandable act, though that interpretation is certainly undercut by him leaving the body in the trunk of a car for a year. I think there's probably an ocean of extremely-loving-relevant detail that needs a hell of a lot more context in the bolded section below.

That is some crazy poo poo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

The body wasn't found until last month when the vehicle was driven to Spokane "by a third party" who apparently don't know a body was in the trunk, cops said.
That person must have had a hell of cold or COVID-19 to not notice that.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Virginia goons - this sound right based on your anecdotals? Looks like any weird end result isn't going to be due to low turnout.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1455625211362095111?t=h-aR5SNLwYXgBPcg7ifQpg&s=19

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In play stupid games and win stupid prizes news.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

Virginia goons - this sound right based on your anecdotals? Looks like any weird end result isn't going to be due to low turnout.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1455625211362095111?t=h-aR5SNLwYXgBPcg7ifQpg&s=19

It's possible dems are starting to vote like their lives depend on it because, well...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Woopsiedoodles.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1455640284386185216?t=K-4DMQI5AMKHJjVPcUT6uQ&s=19

Guess they're victims now!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CDC Approved the Kids Vaccine. Agency Sign off in a few hours.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/11/02/cdc-advisers-recommend-pfizer-biontech-childrens-vacccine/
FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yep, currently awaiting CDC Director final approval. If y'all got kids, I'd be F5ing poo poo hard tomorrow morning.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Getting my Moderna booster Saturday. Getting very impatient for 2-5 year old approval even though I know it will be next year.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

facialimpediment posted:

I had to wait 20 minutes to vote early on Saturday. Longest early voting line I've had in Arlington. The 2020 election had a shorter line though they also had more stations open then.

Also the person in front of me was voting in their first election since becoming a citizen. Everyone actually did stand and applaud.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
No line to vote in Alexandria. Haven’t seen much talk about the election in my area either. Most of us don’t seem to care.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm eager to find out if the machine Dem wins, which means centrism is the way forward, or if he loses, which means the progressives have gone too far

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soylent Pudding posted:

Also the person in front of me was voting in their first election since becoming a citizen. Everyone actually did stand and applaud.

That's both loving awesome and wholesome altogether.

Best Friends posted:

I'm eager to find out if the machine Dem wins, which means centrism is the way forward, or if he loses, which means the progressives have gone too far

Why not both?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've given out so goddamn many Future Voter stickers that I'm going to get investigated by QAnon.

And I gave 25 to a teacher for her class :shobon:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
holy poo poo, it happened again

https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1455671656534495232?t=Zplnd7XmSEi-F1BMswD6Ng&s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

As a parent I’d understand if it was true. The Seattle cops don’t exactly go rushing in for runaways (trafficed kids are usually automatically considered this). They got more important things to do like crush dissent and harass minorities.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
If true...good job dad? I honestly don't know how to feel about this having children. There isn't much I wouldn't do for them.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Melthir posted:

If true...good job dad? I honestly don't know how to feel about this having children. There isn't much I wouldn't do for them.

The reporting reads as though there isn't much evidence or thread to the idea that the boyfriend "sold" the daughter. There's a statutory situation for sure based on the reported ages, but the trafficking bit seems wholly manufactured by Q-brain.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Start F5ing your pharmacies, counties, grocery stores, etc.

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1455682705929162758?t=OW2tuyv30vqESFTJAe07MQ&s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Melthir posted:

Hopefully your kids never ask you to abduct a man, stab him to death, and stash the corpse somewhere using an unwitting third party mule then.

To be fair to his kid, there’s no evidence she asked him to do this.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Trying to keep myself from frantically f5ing every few seconds to get Va results. Especially since Fairfax accounted a delay in reporting their early voting tallies.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
How chuddy is Youngkin, on a scale of 1:Trump?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

How chuddy is Youngkin, on a scale of 1:Trump?

Donnie in a sweater with a better attitude.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Trying to keep myself from frantically f5ing every few seconds to get Va results. Especially since Fairfax accounted a delay in reporting their early voting tallies.

Everything I see is that it's going to be a VERY long night. Advantage Youngkin though. Looks like everyone's pissed about Virginia schools being shut down for so long - Democrats at/performing as expected in non-Virginia areas. Still very early.

Edit: probably Youngkin by 2, non-existent needle probably at 90% per NYT Nate. Probably not worth watching for anymore.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Immanentized posted:

The reporting reads as though there isn't much evidence or thread to the idea that the boyfriend "sold" the daughter. There's a statutory situation for sure based on the reported ages, but the trafficking bit seems wholly manufactured by Q-brain.

If you look at it from the most simple view it’s entirely possible this kid was trying his hand at pimping. Turns out it ain’t easy.

Now the father could be 100% in the wrong but I’m sure the truth will co…… bwahahaha the cops aren’t going to be interested in investigating this because most likely they have the dad the run around on runaway kids.

Easier to just deal with the crime on hand. Premeditated murder plain and simple.