Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at "we need your ship"

*seconds later*

"We got 8 boilers ready to go"

That magic universe where the mothball fleet is always ready with boilers hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AtomicAnalyst/status/1458119129030971400?s=20

Photos showing Pence rode out 1/6 in a Loading Dock.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

I can one-up you from Gosar's brain-damaged retweeting of an Attack on Titan edit:

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1458140745148219393

Can you imagine State Attorney General Louie Gohmert? hoooooooooooooooooooooooly gently caress

I mean, Texas already has an insane AG. Its only going to get worse as Florida and Texas are the prototypes for what the GOP wants to do.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The ice is less of a limitation than it used to be.

(mostly just wanted to share the cute polar bear though)

Yeah Russia's nuclear ice breaker fleet is growing and top notch, and they have a nuclear cargo ship now as well.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

I've been to traffic court a few times and been inside veterans court. Have yet to see a judge get angry at anyone. Even when a judge has been basically lied to. Maybe I only see relatively nice judges?

Its worse in actual criminal, especially cases around murder. I was giving evidentiary testimony and watched a judge chew out a defense attorney prior to me going on the stand, the trial was around an attempted murder. He yelled a bunch at the guy for about five minutes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ASAPI posted:

Is that real?!?

Yeah, Frags himself dropped the video.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Shot himself rather than pay child support. gently caress that guy forever. I’ll probably kick in to help support his kids but it just figures his final legacy will be goons bailing his dead rear end out yet again.

Yeah, I felt bad for him prior to finding this out. Now I'm just angry, especially hearing his daughter on some of the Garbage Gaming segments, I'm rather cross he couldn't at least be a better father to them rather than just ending it all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

This judge needs to get hosed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The amount of people who open carry around where I live is loving laughable to me. Five years in Memphis and I never once felt compelled to carry a gun at all. The people out here in the loving country are so afraid of their own shadows.

I think my favorite thing about open carry nuts, or even concealed carry nuts, in the age of COVID is their willingness to view carrying a firearm as risk mitigation but won't wear a loving mask.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I think it’s deeply disturbing and alarming that the governments of the world are waging a campaign to ruin the life of a journalist for embarrassing them and threatening them with life in ADX Florence for embarrassing them by doing things like exposing war crimes we did in Iraq.

Nah, gently caress Assange. He's a rapist who ran from his charges and made it all about him, and then openly sold himself out to the Trump campaign and Putin, going as far as to shield Putin from leaks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Best Friends posted:

Assange is a rapist but they're putting him in jail for doing journalism, not rape. Every national security reporter has also relied on classified sources (foreign, domestic or both) for their reporting, which often undermines the policies of foreign governments. I don't think if Putin arrested a NY Times reporter for divulging classified Russian information people would be cheering. The precedent of arresting assange opens up all sorts of domestic reporters to arrest, both here (very likely we'll have a new R admin in three years) and abroad.

Assange turned Wikileaks into his personal vendetta tool. Anything he did is being better done by other people. And given that Assange has now weaponized Wikileaks, he can get hosed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Given that nuclear weapons may have resulted IN anime, can we really risk having more of it?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

Is this the dude who had a political hit ad taken out by his own family?

Yup. His entire family is not a fan.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1460364430034751495?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

1488 likes :tinfoil: :godwin:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Time Crisis Actor posted:

The crayon joke is relatively recent and Marines have fully embraced it because nobody is allowed to hate the Marine Corps more than Marines.

"We embrace your mockery and make it our own"

I mean, it is a service that loves to haze itself.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
We knew this would be the verdict. The Judge and Prosecution made it pretty apparent.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Loucks posted:

It doesn't matter that most of the white supremacist assholes are cowards. It only takes a couple emboldened enough to start shooting. Things are going to get ugly. Uglier.

:five:

Yeah, I fully suspect this will be used as justification by Proud Boys and others to get more violent and place themselves in situations where they can kill people.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

“You fascist nazi!”

“Woah now, I’m not a nazi, per se.”

https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/1462118546205466629?s=21

"We just align with and support people who use the imagery of fascists, totally different!"

https://twitter.com/Zeddary/status/1462233708237307905?s=20

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 21, 2021

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A bunch of confused Marines trying to figure out if they can draw dicks on the dicks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The IRS thing is just astounding. Does anyone who's not cheating on their taxes actually get harassed by the IRS? I made a legitimate mistake a few years back and handling it was the most reasonable experience imaginable, everything was well documented and the timeline was generous.

We ended up owing some taxes from a couple years back, and they were VERY reasonable with us and friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

Honestly, that kinda owns. Also, find a video of Melania saying “Fashion,” which I capitalize here because when she says Fashion, she says it capitalized. Like someone describing intense passion but with an f.

Its straight out of Delia Deetz's mind.