Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GoGoGadget posted:

I went to a Renaissance festival this past weekend and the dude doing most of the talking for the joust had the crowd shouting "Let's go, Brandon!" a lot. I just figured his name was Brandon. gently caress.

Guess I should have known when be said "Make Medieval Times Great Again."

Jesus loving Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol, air force deadline for covid vaccine is today, 10-12k morons possibly on the block for disobeying a lawful order.

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-covid-vaccines-trainees-airmen-discipline/

Give them all articles and set them to mowing lawns with scissors or clearing snow with a spoon.

Sounds like a job for Mingo One!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hell, I fall asleep at conferences all the time and I'm not even the President.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

So QAnon has figured out why JFK Sr. wasn't at Dealey Plaza on Tuesday.

Turns out he was busy with a prior enagagement at the Cotton Bowl.

Playing guitar for the Rolling Stones.

They think Keith Richards is JFK.

https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/qanon-supporters-jfk-jr-rolling-stones-b1951467

This is just loving Conspiracy Mad Libs at this point.

Two weeks from now someone will spill the Wheel O' Names and they'll declare that Martin Short is... I dunno, RFK or something.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheWeedNumber posted:

MR HANDS RIDES AGAIN

I guess what that dude did was riding a horse, technically speaking.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Notahippie posted:

The Gov of CO has blanket declared that living in Colorado constitutes risk factors sufficient to get a booster so everybody should go get one. So at this point I think the bar for risk factors is pretty generous.

My HMO (Kaiser) has done something pretty close to this. They have a list of potential aggravating factors for COVID that are so broadly defined basically everyone who's had the vaccine already qualifies for them and their appointment system doesn't even ask you to name any reason for getting a booster, just if you qualify or not.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If I was a billionaire I'd spend it all to make a historically-accurate movie about Jutland. It would probably be ten hours long and a miserable box office failure, but I'm fine with that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Counterproposal: 10 episode HBO miniseries on the Battle of Leyte Gulf.

Intriguing idea. Probably a better pitch to the producers too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

KirbyKhan posted:

What's good CE, been a while since I checked in. Just gonna huck this idiot grenade in the mess hall

https://twitter.com/thegallowboob/status/1271847108585324544?t=2nCB_WqoNskkrKIOu0q1Xg&s=19

I read the post and it is sweet and bland in a very milquetoast way. I just see this as a potential new avenue for grift. Supposedly the marine poster can send his photo ID into redit to claim his upvotebux.

It has to be grift. Telling people you stood for a long time has been grift since the war of independence.

How the gently caress do those things even work? Does that dude now actually have $2000 or is it just useless e-penis++ poo poo?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Any books you can recommend me?

The Tsar's Last Armada by Konstantin Pleshakov is a good general read. There's also Rasplata by Vladimir Semenov, which is a first-hand account.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh for sure, it was insane that upon leaving port they attacked and sunk a suspected Japanese torpedo boat. In the North Sea 20km from Japan. The sinking of a British fishing boat almost led to war and made their long journey harder as they were prohibited from using UK owned coaling stations.

It's not quite as insane as it seems on first glance. Britain and Japan had a defensive alliance at the time and Japan's main source of warships was British shipyards. It didn't seem impossible that the Japanese might have secretly purchased some new torpedo boats for a suicide attack in the North Sea.

It was still crazy to open fire on a random ship in the North Sea, of course.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I know little about Russian military history aside from WWII, did they ever have an era of naval glory and achievement? Odd to grow up with stuff like red October portraying elite cutting edge ships when in reality not sure how the red navy would have done in a conflict.

Unless you count the Varangian period, not really, but this isn't too surprising when you consider they had gently caress all in terms of coastline or ports until IIRC the 1700s when Peter the Great built St. Petersburg in the middle of a coastal swamp and declared "this is the capital of Russia now". And yes, more than one writer has pointed out the similarities between St. Petersburg and Washington, D.C.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 10, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Lowtax dead, so what?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is anyone surprised

Nope.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

Judges are mostly weird old cranks. Whenever one is publicized, the public gets to learn how fuckin' weird they are.

How dare you say that about Judge Jeffrey Middleton.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Godholio posted:

Who? Be specific. I don't think there's a single actual Biden fan in this entire subforum.

I'm probably the closest there is to a Biden fan and it's really only a case of greatly preferring him to Trump.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PeterCat posted:

Obviously counterfactuals are hard to prove, but I think that the Covid Vaccine distribution would have been better under Trump.

Why the gently caress do you expect anyone to take this seriously?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PeterCat posted:

Operation Warp Speed started under the Trump Administration.

https://www.gao.gov/products/gao-21-319

That doesn't even come close to answering my question.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brute Squad posted:

Hope LA got the money for the naming rights in cash.

:lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought people would enjoy boston elemental, I really did

You did it a bit too well. There was nothing left to say after that post.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is officially the first bumper sticker I've ever wanted.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

maffew buildings posted:

drat guess we have to go high again

While I get your point, how the gently caress would they go lower than scum like Rittenhouse?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, stop worrying about losing 2024 when the Dems haven't even lost 2022 yet, for cryin' out loud.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not that I believe a single word out of his mouth, but I suspect Rittenhouse just killed his future in wingnut welfare.

https://twitter.com/browsersatdv4/status/1462584286171836418

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 22, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cugel the Clever posted:

... Hunger Games actress Jennifer Lawrence??

Thankfully no.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That Works posted:

I didn't know J Law was a chud... shame.

She's not.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

The shooter, the chaser, and the filmer all got convicted of felony murder in the Ahmaud Arbery murders. There were a few not guilty charges, on various poo poo, but all three are facing life without parole.

Toodles, you racist fucks.

Cheered me the hell up to read that, yeah.

To tie together both current lines of discussion ITT, I hope an electric car falls from the sky and lands on them, Looney Tunes style. Doesn't matter what model, though, I'd even accept a Tesla falling on them. Especially that stupid Cybrtrk thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

Not sure about the cops (lol no), but the main DA that hosed with the poo poo got a felony indictment a little while back.

Good. This is a case where indicting the DA will probably have a more measurable effect than if they indicting whoever from the local PD.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bored As gently caress posted:

There's literally no amount of money that can make up for the injustice this poor man suffered. But the fact that he's not getting a multi million dollar settlement is loving horse poo poo.

gently caress Missouri.

I sometimes think that in cases like this the wrongly-imprisoned person should be given the opportunity to commit one crime consistent with the amount of time they served behind bars without any legal liabilities. I'm only kind of joking about this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

A bunch of confused Marines trying to figure out if they can draw dicks on the dicks.

Oh come on now, Marines might not be bright but they aren't this stupid. They instinctively know that the answer is yes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If that s-gene hadn't dropped out this wouldn't have happened!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

piL posted:

Just mainlining Old Bay like a Marylander

Edit:

:crabdrugs:

It's good stuff.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They need to stop this poo poo of reporting each country's first reported case(s) of Omicron and simply say "just assume this variant is in small pockets everywhere by now, because it probably is."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That Works posted:

What was the local PD that had 3% insignias on their cars recently?

Most of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good luck to them.