Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol, air force deadline for covid vaccine is today, 10-12k morons possibly on the block for disobeying a lawful order.

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-covid-vaccines-trainees-airmen-discipline/

Give them all articles and set them to mowing lawns with scissors or clearing snow with a spoon.

It’ll be interesting to see what the military actually does with this. I’m not convinced that the FAA is going to actually do anything when push comes to shove and progressive discipline starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Things are going to continue going to poo poo and next year is going to be an absolute bloodbath politically.

e: I'm just gonna go with a bloodbath along with everything finally imploding financially leading to a competent authoritarian with super majorities in both chambers in 2024. That'll be something.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 3, 2021

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I guess this is the level of political discourse these days?

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1456425970806763520

It's also a Hatch Act violation according to an email I got a day or two ago!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Loucks posted:

That and sitting in a courtroom describing it has to drive home the possibility that he might actually see consequences from his actions, a possibility that I guarantee did not occur to him in the moment when he decided to go play murder safari.

I haven’t been following this at all since I decided to stop wasting mental energy on this kind of stuff, but is there any real chance he’s going to face consequences? This seemed like the type of case where you go after lesser charges you’ll actually be able to stick to them from the start.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Well that's unexpected news. I wonder what happened?

I guess it's good that Jeff bought these stupid forums off him. I bet that would have been a shitshow.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I find the idea of carrying a gun full-time weird enough, but hammer back? In what loving universe do you need to do that?

It's a single action pistol with a safety. So you have the hammer back and the safety on so it's actually ready to shoot if you need it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13 posted:

Every time you want to carry a 1911. It's the safest practical way to carry the pistol loaded. It's the way it's designed.

If it's possible to carry a gun in Single Action with a safety, I do. My personal Beretta doesn't even decock specifically because I prefer to carry it the way I carry a 1911.

I personally prefer DA/SA hammer fired pistols for concealed carry. I carry appendix and my brain doesn't like re-holstering a striker fired pistol at all.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

If you didn't see this coming I don't know what to say.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I fully suspect this will be used as justification by Proud Boys and others to get more violent and place themselves in situations where they can kill people.

I think this will be a thing from both sides. You’re going to get people trying to bait others into situations where they can shoot them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I feel like I need to decouple myself from the poo poo going on in the world. The anger over Rittenhouse, the rage over Covid exploding again over here because it was an election year and no-one in government dared to pump the brakes before the fall/winter, the dread over Putin doing some more Anschluss...

It's just not healthy at all.

Do it. I’ve backed off all that poo poo completely and my life is significantly better for it. I just don’t really give a poo poo any more and it’s way better than getting mad about things I can’t do anything about.