Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

That poo poo is amazing, still glad I'm not on FB, but stuff like that makes me wish I had an account.

I forgot to sign up to be a poll watcher this year. Not gonna lie though, I'm not missing the old dudes shouting election conspiracies at me for half the day, and with the way school board elections are shaping up, I feel like an inordinate amount of time would be dedicated to chasing off dudes trying to campaign in the parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
All the Dems have to do is legalize MJ and convince Sleepy Joe to discharge student loan debt.
Part of me is convinced that's why neither has happened yet, because they want them to be fresh on everybody's minds next November.
(I know what the reality of the situation is, I LIVE to be continuously disappointed)

bengy81
May 8, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

People keep saying they wish Hunter S. Thompson was around to see this, but he already was.

If you took all the names out of Fear and Loathing on the campaign trail, the book would apply to 2020 just as easily as it applied to 72.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Fallom posted:

I swear to God I will die on the hill of thinking its extremely hosed up that everyone profits off of body donations except the family

Yeah man, there is a whole closet industry around medical research, and it's super hosed up and needs to be regulated badly. There is a huge market for indigent people, basically these companies pay for basic body handling services in exchange for being able to use the corpse for medical research, then they lop the head off, quarter the torso, and sell the chunks to different companies. Also funeral homes can get kickbacks when Aunt Doris is convinced to donate her body instead of being buried.
I think whole corpses mostly go to universities, but I'm not that familiar with that side of the thing.

Also corpses can be sold for really cheap, like I think you can buy a quarter for like $500, and there isn't any regulation on how bodies are handled and disposed that I know of, most places I've seen at least treat the bodies like proper bioburden when they are done with them.
I really think the family should get some kick back or something when a body is sold.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I thought Travis Scott was the guy from Gym Class Heroes, until my wife cleared it up.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I heard he died trying to suck his own dick.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the biggest crime Trump committed is that he was unapologetic about the casual cruelty our government inflicts both at home and abroad. right wing policies but a nicer packaging, thats what Biden brought to the table.

Cool, I guess you can vote for Trump again in 24.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bengy81
May 8, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

“You fascist nazi!”

“Woah now, I’m not a nazi, per se.”

https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/1462118546205466629?s=21

I learned from the recent school board fiasco that the Nazis are fine with being called Nazis, but boy are you on for am earful if you call them fascists too!

Also for a bunch of people talking about history, they sure missed the part where early leftists and antifascists used a bunch of loving bombs to make their point.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

A legit what the gently caress fell from my lips

In regards to which piece of absolutely batshit news from the last 24 hours?