Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I can't tell if this is the story of a dad who went murderously crazy after getting infected by the QAnon brainworms or if he committed a horrific but understandable act, though that interpretation is certainly undercut by him leaving the body in the trunk of a car for a year. I think there's probably an ocean of extremely-loving-relevant detail that needs a hell of a lot more context in the bolded section below.

As a parent I’d understand if it was true. The Seattle cops don’t exactly go rushing in for runaways (trafficed kids are usually automatically considered this). They got more important things to do like crush dissent and harass minorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Immanentized posted:

The reporting reads as though there isn't much evidence or thread to the idea that the boyfriend "sold" the daughter. There's a statutory situation for sure based on the reported ages, but the trafficking bit seems wholly manufactured by Q-brain.

If you look at it from the most simple view it’s entirely possible this kid was trying his hand at pimping. Turns out it ain’t easy.

Now the father could be 100% in the wrong but I’m sure the truth will co…… bwahahaha the cops aren’t going to be interested in investigating this because most likely they have the dad the run around on runaway kids.

Easier to just deal with the crime on hand. Premeditated murder plain and simple.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

But what if the body actually is sexy? Powerful truth.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

it's called District 9 and oh boy is it a downer

We could eat them so it wasn’t all that bad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Has this been posted? It's the first time I've seen it, but:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59186655

Yea it was talked about when it first came to light like in 2019? Haven’t heard much about it affecting ships though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah Mitt Romney would've been completely and utterly torn apart, or he would've led everyone back to the Senate Chamber as he was retreating (remember the mob didn't know how to actually get there at the start and Goodman kept them diverted away).

Pence had a security detail, with at least a few dudes that had guns. Romney didn't have poo poo.

I’ve met a lot of his security detail at the USNO and one of the SS is a reservist officer I served with starting in April.

Pence was never in any real danger is my dumb opinion. His detail would have created a blood bath that would have created a lot of martyrs and is best not thought of. One stupid idiot was more than enough. Dudes are rocking mp5s and tiny AR platform.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is there something special about the P90? I know nothing

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is there something special about the P90? I know nothing

Very small very fast round. It’s inherently good for penetration and then you add they way it’s built and it’s gonna go through multiple meat sacks.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In lighter news, apparently Esper was fired last year in part because he didn't want to do enough war crimes:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458449358672773127?t=mUO4FPVga3OU6O-AXJJoUQ&s=19

What the gently caress. This is insane.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It also comes across like it was written by a very very whiney child (apologies to all people with whiney kids) or Gestapo/NKVD type report...but probably still more whiney.

The use of the word “measly” broke my brain for a minute. I’ve written more professional memos on our office toilet being busted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Regardless of everything, Lowtax apparently blew through $400k since since he and lady A split deliberately so that she and his kid couldn't get any of it. It was a supremely lovely move before he died. Goons have raised almost $30k so far that's going to be set up for his kids.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with premeditated and planned to cause the most hurt.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What kids? I'm not having any of those.

It's definitely a significant reason behind me moving from Tennessee to Colorado. gently caress fretting over getting felony possession for half an ounce of weed or a gram of wax. And it's still that way in TN, they haven't stepped down the severity of anything (which is funny because even Mississippi is much more lenient).

I'll walk all around town now smoking a joint, don't care unless I'm walking close to a school or past a cop. Even then I just light up again 200ft past whatever the problem would be.

$1 joints rule, but they're almost always rolled from shake or flower that's on the edge of test expiry. Doesn't mean much, but you can expect a little of the THC has degraded to CBN over that time and might make you a little more drowsy than fresh flower.

Motherfuckin’ weed scientist over here.

Can’t wait till I retire from federal service.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Has he ever hunted before? Did he have a license to hunt in that state? Did he have tags for whatever was in season?
A rifle is a rifle and should only become a “hunting” rifle when legally doing that activity. This whole case has been bullshit from day one.

So a child can wander around with a AR 300BLK as long as they have a hunters license even if only rats are in season? Cool.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 15, 2021

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wasn’t a lot of leaks just exposing informants endangering them and their families?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I feel like someone once again really missed the point of Captain America just like Punisher.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I hope he buys a motorcycle.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

How manly you have to be to take on ….Sesame Street.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

No.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Dude can keyster the poo poo camera without passing out?

Had no idea he was a power bottom.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Aquited on all charges.

Lol

Nothing matters

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Burning Beard posted:

loving amazing. This is the outcome the judge wanted and pushed for.

I suspect the little dweeb will drown in civil suits. Now we'll see a trend of dweeb cop-wannebes open carrying to "protect businesses". I know the kind and they look just like 'ol Kyle.

Giving away their labor for free in the hopes they get to kill a man.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Let’s start a GoFundMe for a motorcycle for Rittenhouse. Something with a lot of power.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My favorite current hot take is that’s it’s ok because one of the dead guys is a pedophile.

You know because he totally knew that before he killed him.

Like he had pedo radar.

But game recognizes game so maybe Rittenhouse was just icing competition.

Whatever.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

You figure that Matt Gaetz and Goser would be bothered by that.

I swear to god the guy who rants at work about Rittenhouse was hunting pedophiles complains a bit too much me thinks.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Luv to be an unpayed paramilitary. All I ask is for a chance to kill and a little boot to lick.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Vaccine mandate gonna go away

Probably going to try to gut OSHA altogether while they're at it.

"Likewise, a naturally immune unvaccinated worker is presumably at less risk than an unvaccinated worker who has never had the virus."

I don’t think these assholes understand science. Besides the health insurance industry doesn’t want to pay out for sick people I’m fairly sure they will clamp down because there’s money on the line.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Did the dude not get the memo you light up people tossing plastic bags at you?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

What really gets me is this CDC study on two doses + placebo versus two doses + booster that I linked a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1461786768131465219

The ~90% efficacy of the two doses keeps you out of the hospital, then the protection wanes. Then *on top of that*, the booster has a 95% efficacy *compared to* two doses. In a study of ~9400, 123 two-dosers caught covid and of the equivalent booster population, the grand total of covid cases was... 6.

And this is all happening in a Delta environment! This poo poo is feat-of-humankind level numbers. And there are still people going WAAAAH I DON'T WANT TO GET A BOOSTER AND BE SICK A DAY

I got a stiff arm and a little tired however that may have been because I did heavy yard work all day.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I feel like I remember quite a few times I was filling out race questions and I recall white being the only option to me even though I’m chicano/Hispanic/not white.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AFStealth posted:

I noticed several years ago that on pretty much all government forms, 'hispanic' has been removed from all 'Race' questions and is now it's own separate category under ethnicity. It kind of makes sense because you can have white & black hispanic people. But us brown hispanic people are now expected to check off 'white' since we don't fall under any other racial category. I usually pick other or leave it blank now.

Every time I can fill it in I put either Chicano or Aztec Warrior.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

davecrazy posted:

I still want a R/T scatpack wide body with the shaker hood in a 6speed manual.

Why is it when your middle aged and can comfortably afford it it’s not longer practical because you have kids to haul around everywhere.

Can’t you get the 4 door version? It’s really too bad they stopped making the wagon version too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Holy gently caress. Finally fully vaccinate my whole family for air travel and now this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

A Festivus Miracle posted:

No point in staying positive or hoping for the best when the past two years have delivered nothing but news wildly past our worst expectations. I fully expect this new COVID variant to ravage the planet, again, because people would literally rather die choking to death on their own fluids than wear a mask or get a free shot.

Should start selling tasteful grave plaques with “ I owned the libs” engraved.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Make "lib = owned" plaques for the millennials ignoring the vaccine.

I’m seeing this first hand with young men. It’s just run of the mill lol I’m invincible stupidity than political.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I lather myself in old bay crab salt nightly so I’m basically immortal at this point.

Are you though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Honestly, that kinda owns. Also, find a video of Melania saying “Facism,” which I capitalize here because when she says Facism, she says it capitalized. Like someone describing intense passion but with an f.

Teehee