Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Climate Change: will the world agree that it’s bad and maybe do something about it? lol

:tif:

https://twitter.com/MacaesBruno/status/1454769716552142849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The military of Myanmar's Pinochet cosplay junta apparently captured another(!?) batch of rebel-bound 3D-printed guns.

https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1456013314664935428

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Richard Bong posted:

Moderna Booster trip report.

Got it last evening in the CVS in the Target by my house. They had a lot of open spots. I got a little drowsy and today my arm is surprisingly sore. I also got the flu shot with it.

Getting my covid booster and flu shot combo this upcoming weekend, and not a moment too soon. Found out today that one of my idiot unvaccinated coworkers that I worked together with last week (and who complained about "not feeling great") just tested positive for covid and is apparently really bad off.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 8, 2021

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

A fifth generation fragrance :cool:

https://twitter.com/TheDEWLine/status/1459582586213126146

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Seven hours since I got my Moderna booster and flu shot combo at the local CVS. Completely hassle free, booked a time online (there were plenty of open slots) walked in with my ID, health insurance card and CDC vax card, none of which I needed to show. One shot in each arm, in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Both arms are mildly sore. No noticeable side effects beyond that as far as I can tell.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 14, 2021

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

The Moderna booster basically has 36 hours of side effects, like most of them appear to be. Yesterday sucked and was about in-between doses 1/2, but the arm pain is a bit higher for some reason. Get it on a Friday and you'll probably be good Sunday morning.

Yes, I may have spoken too soon when I said that there were no noticeable side effects beyond a sore arm. Definitely felt like a I had a bit of a fever last night and I've been deathly tired most of the day today. The fact that I got a flu shot at the same time might have exacerbated the effects maybe? Hoping I'll go back to feeling like a human being tomorrow. I didn't feel nearly this bad back when I got my Pfizer shots like seven months ago.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Platystemon posted:

We need to get the writer of this 1997 WIRED graphic on the line to tell us what’s happening next.

I'm still amazed by this. Not only the accuracy, but how it came from an era where most future predictions bordered on Star Trek levels of naïve optimism.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Generation Internet posted:

I've never seen TOS, but in defense of 90s Trek both TNG and DS9 leaned into some sort of societal collapse happening before anything got better.

Fair enough, though I still seem to recall how picking up any vaguely techy magazine or science textbook in 90's would shower you in predictions about how we were going to have Mars colonies by 2010 and how we all were going to enjoy Better Living Through Technology.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

TOS, TNG, and DS9 established that the Star Trek utopia that people like to bag on so much only happened after
- the eugenics wars
- the de jure ghettoization of the poor
- the post-atomic horror

I apologize, my last dose of Star Trek included Chancellor Troi explaining in a very patronizing tone of voice to a time traveler from Earth's past about how disease and war had been eradicated and how all the bad things were gone now.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I meant Counselor of course, autocorrect strikes again :cripes:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I feel that I should really be thanked for accidentally inventing the coolest TNG alternate timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The refugee situation around the EU borders has been grim as poo poo for a while now. What just happened in the English Channel has been going on in the Mediterranean for years, tons of people from places like Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria trying to get to southern Europe by any means possible and crossing from northern Africa in anything that floats. Human trafficking gangs take everything they own for payment. It's a level of desperation-induced bravery that I'm very thankful for not having experienced (yet).