Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Defenestrategy posted:

My Job's HR decided today to get ahead of Bidens Executive Order and is asking for either proof of vaccination or an email saying "I'm not vaccinated" by the end of the week in case fed dollars/contracts are gonna be withheld based on us not keeping records I guess. I wonder if I can bribe someone in HR to give rough figures on what the percentage split looks like

We got something like that as well. There were already a couple reply-alls of "I will not comply :jerkbag:" even saw one "Let's go Brandon!" One person sent a "I don't have the courage to lose my livelihood :cry: so I will put something in my body I disagree with." Maybe this is one way to get the boomers to leave the loving work force already and let some of the next generations at least get a chance to make some real money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

The loudest "Bring 'em back!" guy in my office says he is liberal. :shrug: Personally I think if you want to recruit and retain talent you are going to have to offer some form of WFH in the future.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

golden bubble posted:

How could you forget how memorable his name is? That was officer Eugene Goodman. And since Eugene comes from the Greek "eugenes" (Good born), the crowd was literally distracted by Officer Good-born Good-man.*

* A Hideo Kojima Game

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Don't think I saw this posted but saw it today at work: Scientists reversed paralysis in mice after severe spinal cord injuries.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/11/211111153635.htm

The article above posted:

In a new study, researchers administered a single injection to tissues surrounding the spinal cords of paralyzed mice. Just four weeks later, the animals regained the ability to walk.
"Our research aims to find a therapy that can prevent individuals from becoming paralyzed after major trauma or disease," said Northwestern's Samuel I. Stupp, who led the study. "For decades, this has remained a major challenge for scientists because our body's central nervous system, which includes the brain and spinal cord, does not have any significant capacity to repair itself after injury or after the onset of a degenerative disease. We are going straight to the FDA to start the process of getting this new therapy approved for use in human patients, who currently have very few treatment options."
While the new therapy could be used to prevent paralysis after major trauma (automobile accidents, falls, sports accidents and gunshot wounds) as well as from diseases, Stupp believes the underlying discovery -- that "supramolecular motion" is a key factor in bioactivity -- can be applied to other therapies and targets.

:science: your spinal cord.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

Wow just caught up on the last few pages and all I can say is 100% agree everyone who ever posted on this forum should be permabanned

I want to see GiP from like 10 years ago fight current GiP for the soul of the forum. Like Barnes vs Elias for the soul of Charlie Sheen.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Has Mark Wahlberg ever played a MARSOC guy? Checkmate. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Alright, so, someone smarter than me (it's a low bar I promise), does this set any sort of precedent? Or am I wrong in how that works?

One of my takeaways is that Grosskreutz (bicep guy) thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter. In a way he was, at this point he had already fired shots and (I believe?) killed two people. There was also cell phone video of him pointing his gun at people which should absolutely be taken as a threat. Can then Grosskreutz be brought up on charges of assault?

Will this affect something like mass shootings? Like just point your guns at people until someone tries to stop you and now you're legally in self-defense mode? This whole thing is just stupid.

Either way I know one thing:

edit: A most shameful snipe. Have a picture of my friends old rear end cat.

Wrong Theory fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 19, 2021