Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

As someone who's had eyeball laser treatment and syringes stabbed into his eyes, I strongly suggest never getting eye problems.

It's not agony or anything, but it's not a relaxing massage either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Speaking of waivers...

https://twitter.com/TSN1200/status/1455209891149275144

In what seems to be an annual (bi-annual? tri-annual?) event, who's ready for Anton Forsberg's first trip to the waiver wire? And which lucky team will get to claim him for slightly sub-replacement-level goaltending relief for a few months?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Koopa Kid posted:

Andersen's gonna be interesting this year, theoretically CAR should be a smash spot for him because rush chances are his weakness and they're obviously much better than the Leafs for that, but the issue with him the last couple years is that his low-danger sv% cratered. If he rebounds from that he can win the Vezina with that team, but it's a pretty high-variance stat. Also he's a choker but that won't matter until the summer.

On the other hand, it would be really funny if Andersen keeps up his play during the playoffs, and leads the Canes to the Cup. I would be laughing.

Cartoon Man posted:

Happy gently caress Month NHL thread! Here is the number one person who fucks in the entire league:

Ovechkin decided to not let us wait any longer, and he is gonna beat Howe's total this season.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Andersen's gonna be interesting this year, theoretically CAR should be a smash spot for him because rush chances are his weakness and they're obviously much better than the Leafs for that, but the issue with him the last couple years is that his low-danger sv% cratered. If he rebounds from that he can win the Vezina with that team, but it's a pretty high-variance stat. Also he's a choker but that won't matter until the summer.

Andersen's famous for choking in October for the most part. Anyway, having watched a few games, his mobility still looks bad, just not absolutely dire like last season and perhaps that's why he stopped letting in so many absolute laughers while not even attempting to look around screens. Also, this guy makes a very valid point quite eloquently:

https://twitter.com/3rdPeriodSuits/status/1455216642758254594

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

In further Habs news, Edmundson has had an injury setback and will miss another 1-2 weeks:

https://twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl/status/1455233823671791620

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Canucks calls up Hamonic and sends Rathbone back to Utica..I'm sure that an out-of-practice D-man will solver all their problems.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JesseGranger_/status/1455255550363533312

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Canucks calls up Hamonic and sends Rathbone back to Utica..I'm sure that an out-of-practice D-man will solver all their problems.

So Hamonic .... is ... vaccinated?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Paquette suspended 2 games for boarding. That's at least a missing player Habs fully deserve to lose!

That was an idiotic hit.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

God loving dammit. It's karma, and we'll deserved

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Misanthrope posted:

Only Bertuzzi is not.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Misanthrope posted:

edit: maybe

per Hamonic and Green in the presser today, he is "following protocols" and will be "double vaccinated soon"

goldrush fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 1, 2021

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

goldrush posted:

edit: maybe

Hmm, doesn't he need both doses to enter the arena?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

tarbrush posted:

God loving dammit. It's karma, and we'll deserved

what did William Karlsson do?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Hmm, doesn't he need both doses to enter the arena?

From a purely legal standpoint, as a spectator he would, yes, but as an employee going to work, I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, he'll need to be vaxxed to play in Canada, he can't do what Tyler Bertuzzi is doing because he's not allowed to fly even on private charters in Canada without getting the shot. It sounds like the team finally managed to convince him, and I think right now he has one shot. Hamonic's still a dumbass and the whole thing has been a huge pain in the rear end and a waste of time for everyone involved.

goldrush fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 1, 2021

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
probably just still in the 2 week window after getting the 2nd shot

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Starsfan posted:

what did William Karlsson do?

Vegas as a whole, not him.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

goldrush posted:

From a purely legal standpoint, as a spectator he would, yes, but as an employee going to work, I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, he'll need to be vaxxed to play in Canada, he can't do what Tyler Bertuzzi is doing because he's not allowed to fly even on private charters in Canada without getting the shot. It sounds like the team finally managed to convince him, and I think right now he has one shot. Hamonic's still a dumbass and the whole thing has been a huge pain in the rear end and a waste of time for everyone involved.

They should just have fired his rear end. (Now that it's confirmed that it was because he was refusing to get vaccinated).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1455202019375988743?s=20

Vitek gets the start tonight. I haven’t seen one goalie differentiate themselves from the other so keep flipping back and forth until one does.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1455290375736741888?t=oqBwIKYD95_rLzzl1R-Oiw&s=19

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Imagine you're Chicago looking at that Seth Jones contract right now, or Edmonton looking at the Nurse contract.

Then you see Adam Fox signing for 9.5 a year lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Making great use of that Harvard psychology degree to extort the Rangers for *checks notes* Seth Jones money, I see.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Hell yeah, that's a great deal!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I'm getting a Fox home blue Jersey. Hometown boy who's not afraid to change at Jamaica. I love him.

Honestly up there with Hank, Zucc, and Leetch at my all time favorite Rangers.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
gently caress yes.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/Vincent___Blain/status/1455295902382542853

:lol:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1455292415074607109

:hellyeah: so excited to watch Adam “100% WAR” Fox for 7 more years.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Seeing how fast Fox developed is nuts. 3rd round pick in 2016, spare part in a trade in 2018, traded again for draft picks in 2019, 4th in Calder voting in 2020, Norris in 2021.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

tinstaach posted:

Seeing how fast Fox developed is nuts. 3rd round pick in 2016, spare part in a trade in 2018, traded again for draft picks in 2019, 4th in Calder voting in 2020, Norris in 2021.

He was traded because he refused to sign with any other team, so that goes to show absolutely nothing.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Yeah I'm still a little bitter about that "spare part".

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Misanthrope posted:

kinda

https://twitter.com/imacSportsnet/status/1455287055747936260

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Well, I'll make a point of booing him next game I go to. That'll teach him!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

9.5??!! Fantastic deal.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Why did Calgary and Carolina trade him?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Koth posted:

Didn't want to play there

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Koth posted:

Pulled a modern day Lindros and refused to play for them. Just hopefully without the same tragically short career.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

thehoodie posted:

Is this LearnedLeague?

This is from last month's thread because I've been busy but yes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Pulled a modern day Lindros and refused to play for them. Just hopefully without the same tragically short career.

NYR's in the same division as Tom Wilson, right?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

goldrush posted:

And thus perfectly encapsulates Canucks' fandom as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arivia posted:

NYR's in the same division as Tom Wilson, right?

Oh right, modern day Scott Stevens.

Well, RIP to your cool defenseman Rangers fans.