Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Willa Rogers posted:

Interesting economic data point from the Harvard/Harris poll that was released today:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/579567-biden-approval-drops-to-43-percent-in-new-poll?rl=1

One other thing caught my eye in this article:

quote:

Biden gets his lowest marks for his handling of the situation in Afghanistan. Only 33 percent say they approve of his actions there.

I figured that number would have started increasing slightly by now. Especially since 34% stated they approved of troop withdrawals last year and only 25% opposed it (I assume the rest were unsure, I'm paywalled from the linked WSJ source).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Epinephrine posted:

That number is consistent with the CBS poll we discussed earlier in the month.
Data here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16F-niG5FT7AYonia--9uOMoePRUkBAma/view

Oh, I didn't mean I doubt the validity of that number. I'm just saying I figured as time went on, more people would approve of the Afghanistan War finally being over. Especially since it seemed like more people were in favor of ending the war prior to it actually being ended.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Kirios posted:

Replacing the Minnesota police force measure also failed today. It's kind of a big bummer.

As someone from Minneapolis, don't worry, that change wouldn't have actually done much anyways. It would have just shuffled MPD to a different umbrella and adjust the org chart slightly. But I gotta say, the group behind that measure (Yes 4 Minneapolis) did a drat good job at raising a bunch of money/fame on a national level at our expense...

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

I'm wondering how that 3% rent control will work out for St Paul. It applies to all rental properties, including new construction. The city needs to keep it intact for a year, but then can adjust/revoke it after that. If the city keeps it as is for the long haul, I'm very pessimistic for that city...

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

New York voting down same-day registration for voting and mail-in voting for some reason.

https://twitter.com/morganfmckay/status/1455738924794527745

Wow, what the hell happened with 3 and 4? I know nothing about these questions/NY, but they seem like an easy win....

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Seattle seeing another situation where the "pro-police" candidate is being driven to victory by minority voters.

This is the story here in Minneapolis for our mayor and a number of our city council members. I hope people are paying attention and start actually listening....

E:

Sanguinia posted:

Between this, Minneapolis voting down police reform and NYC electing a Pro-Cop Mayor, I just don't know what the way forward is on the cop problem. They've become as bullet-proof as the military thanks to American pop culture, and the judiciary is protecting them at every turn even as their abuses grow more blatant daily. I feel like the silver bullet is destroying Qualified Immunity, but anyone who tries to go after it will be painted as anti-cop, and even the cities with the most anti-cop sentiment and who have been most harmed by police apparently won't countenance anti-cop politicians.

Colorado has already gotten rid of qualified immunity, but it's too soon to be able to see any long term effects. But it's probably a good thing to go after anyways. As far as MN, we have forced arbitration that overturns firings, so that's something to focus on. But I think hiring standards is probably one of the bigger things to focus on?

Kalit fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 3, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is there an age breakdown on the procop/anticop voters? I don't know anyone under 45 who doesn't say poo poo like ACAB or whatever. But I guess I don't know that many people.

For Minneapolis, there was some various police-related questions that gave an age breakdown on a recent poll before the election. It seemed to vary when it came down to age breakdown for all voters vs Black voters. I would recommend looking through all of these to get an idea.

For example, one question was asking about reducing the number of police officers. When it came to all voters, ~33% stated should for those under 50 vs ~23.5% stated should for those 50+ (estimate was from me, since all voters gave a more detailed age breakdown). However, when it came to Black voters, 13% stated should for those under 50 vs 16% stated should for those 50+. It gets a little more nuanced than that because of those who stated not sure, but it's still a stark contrast.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 3, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

rscott posted:

Yesterday I think we were wondering why those ballot initiatives in new york tanked so hard:

https://twitter.com/therealjsolo/status/1456022153581711366?t=RIoSxa8jkj1Uq7AJiQsMbw&s=19

I think this definitely explains some of the reason why, and is pretty mind boggling

:stare: Well.... that answers that

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Youth Decay posted:

The prosecutor also sucks, doesn't make Rittenhouse any less guilty but does make it easier for the judge/defense (who are essentially the same at this point) to muddy the waters.

Basically this. I'm so grateful that my state didn't have this lovely of a prosecution team during the trial against Chauvin. I feel like Binger was asking a number of questions to Rittenhouse on cross examination that he [Binger] didn't even know the answer to. Not to mention all of the issues that others ITT had brought up.

I feel like the ineptness of the prosecution team is going to be why Rittenhouse is found not guilty.....

Kalit fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 11, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

the_steve posted:

lol
The silly Left, can't even overcome one measly multibillion dollar media empire with a vested interest in making sure that the Left never gets anywhere near the levers of power. Must just be sour grapes that they can't just work around a 24/7 media cycle that saturates the daily lives of tens of millions of people and will smother any story it doesn't want to gain traction :jerkbag:

Obviously, if the Left had wanted to get word out and connect with people, it should have done something like get people going door to door with petitions and flyers and other grassroots efforts. Oh wait, they did. But hey, gently caress them for not being able to undo in an hour conversation with somebody the efforts of months upon months of "If you vote for anybody except Joe Biden you will have personally ushered in a thousand years of darkness and murdered everyone you ever loved while the very concept of democracy is scrubbed from the collective human consciousness."

If you want to see an anecdotal example of how leftism fails at connecting with people, take a look at what happened this year with ballot question #2 in Minneapolis. The group behind that ballot initiative (Yes 4 Minneapolis) couldn't have cared less about connecting with local people who are most impacted by policing. They seemed to have cared a lot more about their national image. And they even managed to raise quite a bit more money than the main opposing group (All of Minneapolis).

Granted, this ballot question wouldn't have actually done much to change MPD/policing anyways, but that's a different story.

E: If you're specifically talking about the Left on a nation-wide level, then ignore my post.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 16, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I wonder what happened to that whole occupy movement. They sure we're a bunch of leftists who were making charges in the discourse and were getting people to listen to them and pay more attention to what's going on. Honestly you really can point to them as the start of a lot of the public awareness in how influenced things are.

Oh right they were tracked and followed by the FBI before they even started protesting and were treated as a terrorist threat.

What's your point? That happens to a lot of movements and it hadn't ended them. Hell, look at the history of the ALF/them being labeled as a domestic terrorism threat and what's now become of the national conversation about animal consumption since then.

If anything, it should make you realize that going along with the mainstream is the easiest way to sway public opinion. Since, going back to my analogy about animal consumption, that's what largely happened when Beyond/Impossible broke that barrier with nation-wide chain restaurants.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 17, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

WI needs to fire all prosecutors involved with this case. Holy poo poo, they did such a terrible job with it…

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

What is, in your opinion, the appropriate response

Fire all of the state prosecutors involved with this case. They are 100% responsible for this verdict.

Mellow Seas posted:

There were a hell of a lot of fires in Kenosha in 2020 and somehow the only person who killed anybody was Kyle Rittenhouse, so...

Just because no one died from the fires in Kenosha doesn’t mean it’s not possible? It happened in Minneapolis last year…

Kalit fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 19, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/kcstar/status/1461782907480125449?s=21
In non-Rittenhouse news, another cop has been found guilty of manslaughter. Hopefully more and more cops will start being held responsible for their actions

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The worst submarine posted:

Three black men dead and Kyle gets to walk.

Wow. Ummmm….maybe you should read at least 1 article about the case?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I hope this happens.

But not one. Many

Not at a Trump rally, but NFAC have done some open carry demonstrations. Can’t say it turned out well…. https://abcnews.go.com/US/members-armed-militia-shot-breonna-taylor-protest/story?id=71990031

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Since discussing the reasoning behind the verdict is verboten I guess, my verdict-neutral take is that the prosecution tried some shameful bullshit. Whatever you feel about this specific case, implying that using your right not to talk to cops equates to guilt is terrible. Providing the defense with inferior versions of evidence you discovered after the trial started is terrible. They deserved to lose based on that alone.

Yea, I honestly still can’t figure out the prosecution’s strategy. I can only come up with 3 possibilities in my mind.

1) they knew they couldn’t win the case, so they were trying literally anything they possibly can. Even if it meant disobeying the judge’s orders to try to sneak information to the jury.

2) the prosecution were purposefully trying to gently caress up enough to get a mistrial [without prejudice] declared

3) the prosecution are just that incompetent when it comes to putting together a case and arguing it in a trial

I have no idea which it is. I’m kind of suspecting #1

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Bel Shazar posted:

Think bigger, comrade

Abolish all humans

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Then you have the guy in Portland who shot stalked and murdered a Proud Boy who posed no immediate threat and the cops just executed him in his driveway ran and hid in Olympia, then got killed by a federal task force when he had a gun and shot at least 1 bullet, to the delight of Trump

I fixed that for you.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 20, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

only evidence that they supposedly have of him firing a gun is that they found a bullet casing in his car.

Not sure a gun owner having a bullet casing in their car is a slam dunk case that they fired a gun at police. particularly when they had scores of cops out there trying to find literally anything impacted by a non-cop bullet and they found absolutely nothing at all.

Anyways, more significantly

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/michael-reinoehl-antifa-killing-deputies-wont-be-charged-1230943/

Consensus has been for a while even among prosecutors and LEOs and poo poo that he never did anything with his gun on the day he was shot. The marshalls' story only suggest that he produced a gun, they dropped the 'he shot at us' allegation pretty quickly.

Fine, I guess I shouldn't have claimed that as a fact in that part in my post. But, honestly, I can't say I wouldn't be super jumpy when trying to confront a person grabbing at an object in their waist who's on the run, known to be armed, and had just talked about his gunshot being the start of a civil war.

Gumball Gumption posted:

What's your point?

That Reinoehl's a huge piece of poo poo that seems to be praised by leftists for some stupid reason. I don't know if FlamingLiberal intended praise or not, but it's my gut reaction when someone downplays what Reinoehl did. Especially since FlamingLiberal claimed he was in his own driveway when he was in a friend's driveway while trying to run and hide.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 20, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

I like how you're just rolling past lying about key facts.

Gotta defend the right of cops to murder people!

Plenty of conservatives in Portland are carrying guns, known violent offenders, and talking about civil war. The police don't seem very jump about them.

How many of those conservatives are on the run from the police because they stalked and murdered another person that currently posed zero threat to them?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Do you think he deserved to be gunned down because of this?

Honestly, I cannot give a simple yes/no to this question. Not really, but I believe it ending in tragedy was inevitable. And this outcome was better than a huge shootout where even more people died.

Obviously, I don't believe in cops being the judge/jury/executioner. However, in this case, I don't see a peaceful outcome. Based on his prior actions/current actions/VICE interview, I believe he 100% would have opened fire at the officers instead of getting arrested. If the feds chose to not attempt to apprehend him, I think this would also be terrible. This could lead to him to commit more murders in the future, as he showed no remorse for this one and thought it was the right thing to do.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 20, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

the_steve posted:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that's largely in part because when a right-wing nutjob murders someone, the cops are off on the side cheering them on, and that's when the nutjob in question isn't also the cop.

So not even 1 specific example when you were insinuating that a lot of conservatives in Portland are just as much of a threat as Reinoehl?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

the_steve posted:

Are you seriously going to pretend that the cops don't ignore right-wingers who are every bit as/more dangerous than he was?

They took the fucker who shot up a black church to Burger King on the way to prison for gently caress's sakes.

And no, I'm not going to give you a detailed list of people from Portland because I don't loving live anywhere near Portland, and unless they manage to get some sort of national profile, none of us are ever going to hear about them no matter how many red flags they've got flying, so gently caress off with that disingenuous attempt-at-a-gotcha bullshit.

I never stated or insinuated that right-wingers can't be as dangerous as Reinoehl and/or cops don't sometimes ignore them. I was insinuating that Reinoehl was much more dangerous than stereotypical conservatives in Portland who own guns/have some history of violence/talk about a civil war. So you can gently caress off with your disingenuous attempt at putting words in my mouth

Ravenfood posted:

Having a tacit understanding that the police won't show up and murder you in a driveway with an almost comical excess of force because you killed someone helps keep you from running from the police.

After all, we are comparing this situation to a kid who wished he had a gun so he could shoot alleged shoplifters, then later got a gun, brought it to a place with alleged shoplifters and then shot said alleged shoplifters. Surely if we're treating both the same the cops should have just murdered Rittenhouse too, right?

If Rittenhouse wouldn't have turned himself in, went on the run for a week trying to hide from the police, gave an interview to a news outlet (i.e. something like OANN) about how his bullet sparked a civil war, and this exact same federal task force scenario played out, I can't imagine too many people here would be outraged by it.

I know I wouldn't be outraged, because like Reinoehl, I figured Rittenhouse would rather go down guns blazing than get arrested. Hell, a number of people would probably think it's a better outcome since if they managed to get Rittenhouse arrested, they figured he wouldn't get convicted and would walk (like what just happened).

Kalit fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 20, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

OK but that's not what happened so I don't see how the hypothetical scenario you imagined is relevant.

Seriously what is your point here? Are you trying to say that the cops gunning down Reinoehl was justified? If you are then you're wrong, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

My original point was this was both an understatement and a lie:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Then you have the guy in Portland who shot a Proud Boy and the cops just executed him in his driveway to the delight of Trump

I admit, part of why I tried to correct it (while loving up myself and including what I thought was fairly factual about him firing at least 1 shot, which is unknown) is because I get annoyed at people praising Reinoehl as a hero, even though I don't think this was FlamingLiberal's intent. And then it got sidetracked from there.

For your question, it depends on what you mean by justified. Should it have happened this way? From all we know, absolutely not. But given all the extreme circumstances of Reinoehl/the crime he was wanted for/that incident up to that point, if the cops who shot first honestly thought they saw a gun and/or him reaching in his pocket/waistband, I can understand their perspective even if I don't agree with it. There seemed to be no good outcome of that situation.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 20, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Remember the time you got caught lying about reinoehl shooting at police and just blew past that and never mentioned it again?

Maybe you should do a better job at reading my posts on this very page?

Kalit posted:

I admit, part of why I tried to correct it (while loving up myself and including what I thought was fairly factual about him firing at least 1 shot, which is unknown) is because I get annoyed at people praising Reinoehl as a hero, even though I don't think this was FlamingLiberal's intent. And then it got sidetracked from there.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

readingatwork posted:

Kalit are you a conservative? I’m not mad, I’m just fascinated because I thought the last of the conservatives fled DnD back in the Obama years.

If you think my arguments/thoughts are similar to a conservative, that would really surprise me and lead me to suspect you never interact with any. I'm not a conservative and I've hated cops my whole life. However, that doesn't mean I think they lie 100% of the time/am always outraged at 100% of the things they do because context/situations aren't all identical.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 20, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

dude the cops drove up, didn't announce themselves, and shot him to death. total time from initiating contact to him getting shot was zero seconds. he was dead a couple seconds later.

if that isn't an execution idk what constitutes one

This is the current version of events that even the government is acknowledging as what happened in the court cases around it. You really need to stfu or read up on what happened because it is extremely loving weird, even by the standards of our comically inept and malicious policing.

That poster stated Reineohl was executed in his own driveway. He was not, he had run away from where he lived and was hiding hours away. I wasn't saying that the term executed was the lie. I didn't explicitly state what part was a lie because I thought it was obvious enough. Apparently not :rolleyes:

Kalit fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 21, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Rad Russian posted:

SALT was capped by Trump/GOP as a direct punishment to liberal states who voted against him. These states already spent a disproportionate amount of their federal tax money to subsidize shithole southern welfare states and he wanted to ensure that they spend EVEN MORE money to subsidize these shithole southern welfare states. If the cap stays, NJ and others will have no alternatives other than lowering state taxes on upper-middle-class/rich which will cut social benefits for everyone else in those states. Seeing Trump's actions on SALT praised here as a good thing that should stay is really bizarre.

SALT should be uncapped and rich people should be taxed more at the federal level to avoid state jumping. The only dumb part I can see here is doing one of the two first and not doing them together as a comprehensive Trump tax policy reversal.

I don’t care about the reason why the SALT deduction was capped. The SALT deduction is a tax break for the rich. gently caress it and the entire deduction should be eliminated

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1461843293600423949

gotta love it when the dems just outright say they will never, ever actually get poo poo done :cripes:

I swear, Swalwell always says the most stupid poo poo. He's not even in the senate. Hopefully someone will primary him next year (I say knowing nothing about his district).

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

We did. And we have. So: thanks for making assumptions about what we will and won't do.

I have to say, if you cut ties solely based on them voting for a Republican, than that seems extremely lovely. I hope that was only a contributing factor.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Trazz posted:

There is nothing lovely about cutting ties with members of a white supremacist party

Trazz posted:

Voting for a white supremacist party is "utterly meaningless" and totally something that good people do, right?

Either they are ignorant of the true agenda of the GOP or else they know exactly what they're doing. Spare me.

You want to know the best way to boost white supremacy support in the US? By ostracizing nearly half of the country based on a vague category that they vote for every 2-4 years and nothing else.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 22, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

If shunning a person makes them more white supremacist then it wasn't wrong to shun them in the first place, this just seems like going out of the way to blame everything on not the right. That said I don't think kicking ever R voter out of your life has much of an effect but some things like telling Grandpa he's a piece of poo poo when he talks about gay people does seem to work, I'm sure there's a line there and it's different for each person.

Trazz posted:

"By talking about how it's raining, you're the one making it rain!"

How about you address the decades-long Southern Strategy, and explain how a party that has been deliberately catering to white supremacists for votes is not a white supremacist party?

:psyduck: Do you not know that shunning/ostracizing humans because of X can push them further towards X? I feel like that's basic psychology, there's plenty of studies on this. For a single, easy example, you can see https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1368430220917215. From the concluding remarks:

quote:

Taken together, we believe that the present studies show that social exclusion, especially in combination with the individual trait rejection sensitivity, may play an important role in who becomes radicalized. Moreover, the mechanism seems to be independent of ideological content. In the preventive work on radicalization, policy makers must appreciate the impact of social factors in the radicalization process. This article highlights how basic human needs for affiliation and belongingness may push individuals in a destructive direction. We side with Moghaddam (2005) in stating that we need to focus on the individuals who are still on the ground floor and on preventive work, rather than on those already at the top of the staircase.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

So if you aren't super nice to a racist it's your fault they get even more racist?

Please tell me where I said this? Unless you think everyone who votes for any Republican is a racist, regardless of everything else. In which case, you should probably realize that the Democratic party isn't great with dismantling systemic racism....

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

The only way your third quote works is if someone was already racist, or X as you mention, so shunning someone for being racist makes them more racist, which in the second quote you are implying that shunning people for being racist is boosting white supremacy. Doesn't seem very confusing at all.

No idea why you are bringing Democrats up maybe as some pointless deflection to call me a lib supporter instead of backing up your argument here.

:rolleyes: I thought it was obvious that I meant

Kalit posted:

:psyduck: Do you not know that shunning/ostracizing humans because of X [even/especially when they do not see themselves as X (regardless if it's true or not)] can push them further towards X? I feel like that's basic psychology, there's plenty of studies on this. For a single, easy example, you can see https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1368430220917215. From the concluding remarks:

And I brought up the Democratic party as an insinuation that if you think everyone who votes for a Republican is a racist simply because of the party they vote for, you could also make the same argument for everyone who votes for a Democrat.

And no, I do not use "lib" as an insult.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 22, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Can’t say that it’s too surprising that 18 swing voters who voted for Biden in 2020 and are unsure who they are voting for in 2024 aren’t paying much attention to politics in general….

The full report can be found here: https://thirdway.imgix.net/pdfs/override/Qualitative-Research-Findings-%96-Virginia-Post-Election-Research.pdf

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Cite the later part of that statement please? Because they actually said they stopped.

:laffo: Maybe you should re-evaluate your position when you're clinging so desperately to "at least the administration claimed that US citizens wouldn't be specifically targeted". Especially since it makes you sound like you think less of people who aren't US citizens.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 24, 2021

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

PeterCat posted:

That same deal Trump made has the US pulling out by May, 2021. Blaming Trump for how badly the pull out went in Afghanistan mirrors the Obama-Biden administration blaming the Status of Forces Agreement negotiated by Bush for the poor results of pulling the troops from Iraq. Biden wants to claim credit for ending the war in Afghanistan while shifting the blame for the way he did it on the Trump administration. Not to mention that Obama and Biden had 8 years to remove the troops from Afghanistan and didn't.

The Taliban was always going go win, Biden could have ordered the withdrawal as soon as he was in office. If anything Trump's order to remove troops from Syria show how quickly it could be done.

:psyduck: Are you upset because the withdrawal wasn't planned well enough or because it wasn't executed soon enough?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

JonathonSpectre posted:

Listen, I know the police are just gunning unarmed people down left and right and I do care about that...

...but did you see the so-called "peaceful protestors" burned down a Target? Think of all the stuff in that Target! Think of the poor insurance companies and how they'll have to pay that claim off! I don't want to, but I guess I have to support the police in this matter (whatever it was) due to all of this brutal lawlessness.

...what's that? Why did the Target get burned down? I don't remember. I'm thinking about the pain of all those rawhide dog chews and 2-liter sodas, you understand. All that stuff, all those consumer goods, just... burned. It's a senseless tragedy and I don't understand why anyone would do it. I guess these people are animals after all just like Uncle Antbed says.

Oh God, what if the Target just received a shipment of goods?!? >breaks into weeping< THE STUFF! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT THAT STUFF!?

As a side note, you should probably think about what burning down stores, even corporate ones, can mean for a neighborhood. Here in Minneapolis, burning/destroying the Target across the street from the 3rd precinct, along with the other two nearby corporate grocery stores, created a food desert in the neighborhood for months. This creates serious problems for the residents, especially those without cars.

I obviously agree with defending property isn't worth taking lives. But treating burned down corporate stores as "lol who cares" makes you seem really out of touch.

E: VVVV The people who were arrested for arson were overwhelmingly (or completely?) from outside of Minneapolis. They certainly weren't residents of Longfellow/East Phillips. And what about Cub and Aldi?

Kalit fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

War is war, there's sometimes collateral damage. Things can be rebuilt and repaired. Lives can't be un-lost, and on balance no property will ever be worth lives. Never feel bad about the destruction of the tools of capital that are used to keep people in wage slavery and under the boot of a system that perpetuates misery and calls it growth. Indeed, it's a moral imperative since that is the only method to actually harm capitalism: their money

And who cares about the lives affected/destroyed by those who are doing the great [anarchist] work [of destroying the tools of capital]. One day, they'll see that this is the better solution and the ends always justify the means :911:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)