Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Reminder that conservatism is nothing more than a political front for white supremacy and should be treated accordingly

If one encounters a conservative in real life, the proper procedure is to point and laugh at the person until they go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
This Thanksgiving, remember to cut all right-wingers out of your life

You don't gotta worry about holiday flights or gifts when you're no longer on speaking terms with half of your family

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Relentless posted:

Right wing family members are for family reunions and 4th of July bbqs.
No, not even then

These people have all determined that white supremacy takes a higher priority than god, country, or family, do not reward them with your company

Also, the irony of spending the 4th of July with a bunch of abusive seditionists is too funny

Trazz fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 1, 2021

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Generic criticism of elected officials (even coded) is hardly “conservative speech” or hate speech.

There is no such thing as "generic criticism" from a conservative, it's a grudge that's been brainwashed into them from a young age

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do not know how people square believing that half the country wants to commit a genocide and also the strongest action to take against them is not visiting for Thanksgiving.

I think I'd probably get modded if I said "throw a Molotov through your racist uncle's window," but social consequences are a start

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

How are u posted:

I mean, do you actually think you should burn down the home of a racist relative in order to effect real change? I have a couple of more right-wing extended family members and I'm pretty sure if I went and burned their houses down it would not help either our personal relationship or effect any sort of political change.

Does the idea need to scale up to be effective? If 1,000 of us burned down the homes of our right-wing relatives would that start to make a difference?

e: I realize I am making an assumption here that when you said "throw a molotov through the window" you just want to burn down the racist uncle's home, and not that you should kill the racist uncle. If you meant actually kill your uncle then I apologize for assuming.

What if we tried doing the whole "social consequences" thing and see if it works first?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

How are u posted:

I wholeheartedly agree, I think social consequences are worthwhile and important. I must have been confused, it seemed like you presented "throw a molotov through the window" as a more ideal and effective choice than social consequences, which you indicated were merely "a start". My bad.

It would certainly be effective, but it would not be ideal. Like I said, though, let's start with severe social consequences first. Refuse to associate with any right-winger. Make it known that it is in fact because of their worldview. If anyone asks, say "I refuse to associate with someone whose worldview is nothing more than a cover for their bigotry and abusiveness, and you shouldn't either." Imagine millions of people doing this. A sort of "social strike." Better yet, be casual about it. Express it like it's a perfectly normal thing to say. Because it is.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
I think it is actually kinda important to address the fact that a good chunk of the population are literally being brainwashed into becoming virulent racists, and that it stems from leftover animosity from a particular region of the country that once seceded from the Union

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Jaxyon posted:

Racism isn't a regional thing and people didn't start being racist because of propaganda.

On the other hand, the original question was why a bunch of the country thinks Democrats are a threat to democracy, clearly referencing the 2020 election, and the answer to that IS social media/cable news echochambers.

Both of those things come from the same source though: the neo-Confederate right-wing. The propaganda is definitely the strongest in the South, that's for sure

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Maybe the left challengers need to figure out how to get more people to vote for them.

Maybe we should ratfuck centrists as hard as they ratfuck us

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Flying-PCP posted:

It's almost like the problem from the start has been that we don't have power and don't have any real path to get it.

Being a leftist means never having any real power but being treated and blamed as if you do

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Is California the only state to figure out that we need to completely purge the GOP?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Judakel posted:

We haven't really done great things with it.

Makes me wonder who the GOP will run against Newsom next year

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Judakel posted:

Doesn't matter. They won't win.

Still I'm curious

Will they try to "moderate" or will they continue to run another Trumpist?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Peter Daou Zen posted:

Rob Schneider. And he would get a lot of votes, too.

His campaign slogan would be "I can do it!"

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

:same:

There's no conspiracy holding the left down - they simply can't organize and messaging sucks.

It turns out that killing leftists who try to organize makes it very hard for leftists to organize

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
I would absolutely vote for more Democrats if they aggressively called out the Republicans for being racists

Just hammer them on the "Southern Strategy" until they have a meltdown

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

They may not realize the extent of it, which I think is why they get drawn into targeting minorities and immigrants.

They target minorities and immigrants because they're racist

They might gripe about the current system but they still want to keep it, because changing the system might benefit minorities

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I don't disagree with you, but the latter part seems like a good reason to provide a living wage, guaranteed housing, etc to everyone. It's much harder to complain that those people are benefiting when everyone has what they need. Capitalism causes racism, which in turn helps to bolster capitalism by keeping the working class divided against itself.

Conservatives don't want "THEIR" tax dollars going to "THOSE" people and there is no further conversation beyond that(because, again, they're racist)

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, they're racists and that's all they will be and can be is a dead end unless your plans are civil war. Maybe we are already at the point where neither side sees each other as reasonable or human but if that's the case than the rhetoric can only increase into fighting. Chuds vs. SJWs I guess.

They are racists, they have been racists for almost 60 years, and they're already asking when they get to start killing us.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

That's untrue, as I've pointed out before.

The most popular social programs are the universal ones; it's when you create student-loan forgiveness for Pell grant recipients who ran a business in a minority community for three years that raises people's hackles.

But by ventriloquizing what they think that conservatives believe, liberals get themselves off the hook for their own opposition to universal programs, as well as absolve themselves for any advocacy or even support of universal programs.

Gee, I must be in a different timeline, I'm in the one where I get called a communist for proposing universal healthcare.

Also, "ventriloquizing what we think conservatives believe?" This is just the old "you just need to understand them" scolding. We understand conservatives very well, thanks.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Peter Daou Zen posted:

They were going to put the Shaman in jail for potentially TWENTY years

Not long enough, should have been doubled

If he wasn't a white guy he'd be too dead to stand trial

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Mellow Seas posted:

Yeah, probably. It's just a matter of time until we find out, really, because eventually the right is going to legitimately steal an election in the way that they just claimed the Democrats did, and it's going to happen again, only with an actual reason instead of a made up one.

The right has stolen 2 elections since 2000

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Cow Bell posted:

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds. Advocating someone get 40 years for the high crime of dressing like an idiot during a riot is tantamount to torture. Absolutely an insane opinion to hold.

You make it sound like he was a lost child instead of an adult who was deliberately there as part of a white nationalist plot

He should get 40 years because that's still going easy on him

"Punishing fascists is the REAL fascism" :jerkbag:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Cow Bell posted:

I completely agree. I think it's also pretty sickening to watch people "on our side" baying for blood and begging for the state to subject even more people to cruelty, just because.

"Just because," for no reason, please ignore the fact that he was a part of a white supremacist plot to overthrow the country

I swear people like you and Willa are just posting so that they can be useless scolds

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Cow Bell posted:

Asking for 40 years is just bloodthirsty.

It's actually very lenient, considering that the typical punishment for insurrection and/or sedition is death

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

What was the plan to install Trump as Presidente Para La Vida by rioting at the White House? I'm not asking for anything precise here.

There was a riot, and part of the riot was a violent mob intending to kill specific people. But even that is not the same thing as a coup.

I'm sorry, are we still trying to pretend that this coup wasn't being plotted months in advance or something?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Cow Bell posted:

You're full of poo poo.

You're literally advocating for a position more bloodthirsty then that of the United States government.

That's not true, I'm not saying that we drone strike them

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Cow Bell posted:

Not yet.

Edit: Hell, why not start? Tell us how you really feel about those dirty insurrectionosts and how they deserve an "even harsher" sentence then 40 years? Since the common sentence for sedition is usually death in your mind, what's the minimum these people deserve? Don't hold back!

Why are you downplaying a white-nationalist coup on my country?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, and that's fine by me. I only reject the framing of the riot as a political coup.

It's not a loving "framing," jesus loving christ, it WAS a political coup!!!!!

I hate it when people use words like "framing" or "narrative" so that they can try to weasel their way around having to address the loving facts of the matter

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Cow Bell posted:

A coup usually involves a certain amount of planning, conspiring, and political wheeling and dealing that doesn't really seem applicable to the group of rubes that are actually getting in trouble.

Why are you not answering the question

Yes, I'm sure that your bad-faith sea-lioning bullshit will totally dispel my outrage over a loving WHITE NATIONALIST COUP

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

das hipster posted:

Oh I'm sorry, I thought that this was where people debated and discussed things? I don't feel this was coordinated enough to be considered a coup, but others do. Neither side is right or wrong as there is great variability in where you draw the line between a coup and a politically motivated riot.

"Neither side is right or wrong" says representative of the side that is wrong

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

It was why I said that in 2020 that the White House was not going to have snipers shooting BLM protesters even if they're setting the lawn on fire, because the day the government indiscriminately opens fire on people is the day the government destabilizes.

You'd be in for a shock, then, because they absolutely would have mowed down BLM protesters if it came down to it, and there would have been absolutely no consequences for it

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

das hipster posted:

This isn't twitter. I'm more than happy to talk about this with you if you do actually want to engage, but but flippant comments like this leave precious little ground for discussion.

That's the idea! You can either agree with the facts or you can be wrong.

"There is precious little ground for me to disagree with objective reality, this is YOUR fault and not mine" :jerkbag:

Trazz fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 18, 2021

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

das hipster posted:

You'll forgive me if I don't take the person who literally said that they could have shot BLM protesters from the White House with zero consequences seriously. It's not really a statement that anyone could take seriously.

It's a true statement, though.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
There were no consequences when Trump literally ordered a police assassination on a guy who shot and killed a Proud Boy in self defense

What consequences would there have been if Trump had hypothetically ordered the National Guard to mow down protesters at the White House exactly? More protests? He'd just gun those down too.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

You know what a lot of them do support though? Not sending American kids overseas to die for stupid poo poo and not getting hassled by pigs for a baggie of weed.

Conservatives do not support these things, lol

Or, at the very least, they don't want it for THEMSELVES(or those in their in-group), but are okay with these things happening to OTHERS.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

So what if they only support it for themselves?
So they won't vote for it if it benefits people in their outgroups. That's what.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Vigilantism is now legal in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Kalit posted:

I have to say, if you cut ties solely based on them voting for a Republican, than that seems extremely lovely. I hope that was only a contributing factor.

There is nothing lovely about cutting ties with members of a white supremacist party