Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How are u posted:

The poster has previously expressed frustration that the child tax credit doesn't do anything for them and their partner, who have no children. So yes I believe so.

Their hope is is they act enough like a child on the internet they will qualify for the child care tax credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

The fact based and intelligent arguments you come to D&D for.

Look I'm sorry but there's been so many bad faith arguments and extremist opinions of the Child Care Tax Credit here, something that has legitimately changed the lives of millions, that it's hard for me to take them seriously. Is it enough? No probably not. Is it right for you to use it to justify your holy crusade to show why America has failed so many people? No of course not.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

These compromises are acceptable and there's still a ton of good that will happen with the 3.5 trillion. Let's get BBB signed off on!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Replacing the Minnesota police force measure also failed today. It's kind of a big bummer.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You can already see the Dem narrative in DC and on news channels shifting towards "It's the Progressives fault this is happening!" and it's starting to really fill me with anxiety.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

CNN says they're voting on the infrastructure bill in the house in 30-60 minutes? Did the progressive caucus cave?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I love how all the wrong lessons were learned from the Virginia Governor race!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's just tremendously frustrating that the Democrat response to the Virginia blunder was "We've gotta go further right! I told you progressive philosophy doesn't work!"

Although I guess it's ultimately our fault for believing that it would be different this time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Full disclosure: I make 130k and my wife and I are fortunate enough that she's able to stay at home and be with our kids. We have received the full stimulus amount every time. It's never sat right with me that a single parent who makes 90k gets nothing versus me. They need it more than I do.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How are u posted:

I think if in 2022 people can get back to living their lives, declare the pandemic over, and the inflation and supply chain stuff gets worked out, that Biden will bounce back up there. Meeting material needs, and all that jazz.

People here don't want to hear this but the vast majority of Americans are done with the pandemic. People losing their lives be damned, Let's Go Brandon until we can do Sunday Brunch without masks!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

Alex Jones has exhausted the court's patience with noncompliance (again) and received a default judgement against him (again) and now owes (more) damages to the Sandy Hook families.

https://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-br-sandy-hook-lawsuit-alex-jones-hearing-20211115-ccie6kyugrcenm5pjrje7xswk4-story.html

Oh my God Alex just take the L and pay them. What the gently caress is wrong with you?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This new variant appears to be worse than Delta, though we are still trying to figure out just how bad it really is. I appreciate the federal government imposing some travel restrictions to...buy us time. But it looks like the vaccines aren't nearly as effective with Omicron (name of the next Marvel villain), and I fear that we are in for a brutal winter with how much fatigue there is with COVID in the United States. Be safe everyone!