Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Srice posted:

To be frank, the people that care about 1/6 are already gonna vote blue no matter who anyways, so it's a waste of energy to run on it when they could focus their messaging on helping people instead.

It's not as if the party is treating as an existential threat either considering the inaction against members of Congress who refused to certify and still treating the Republicans as their colleagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bizarre to claim people who bought into a very recent racist hysteria (whose progenitor admitted what he was doing months ago) are expressing some legitimate grievance about remote learning.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Both McAuliffe was a terrible Clinton creature who ran a lazy/stupid campaign and a lot of White suburbanites are racist rubes who went hysterical over a transparent fraud can be true and in fact are.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1461760071428460553?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Why are you pissed about it? If you watched the trial you'd have realized that it wasn't the egregious shooting spree the media and twitter initially made it out to be.

I never saw what happened inaccurately reported on even in the early days.

I wasn't surprised all that much by the verdict because self-defense is a one way street in these kinds of trials. Rittenhouse is lucky that the third guy he shot wasn't a fellow demon or he would've never been on trial.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Very clearly shows he wasn't just trying to kill everyone, only shooting the people actively attacking him.

Should he have been there, probably not since hes a 17 year old kid, but neither should the protesters. Legally he could be there with a gun though. The whole 'crossing state lines' thing is such a meme, he lived like 5-10minutes from the border, and 20-30minutes from Kenosha. His dad and grandparents lived there and I'm pretty sure he worked there.

The second person he killed and third he shot had as much a self-defense claim as he did. They thought they were dealing with an active shooter.

Protestors are fine being there. He wasn't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wild Horses posted:

Why would you ever run towards an “active shooter” (who doesn’t shoot anymore) and engage him in close quarters battle?
the perp is running towards the police.

The claim of self defense goes out the window if you are the person actively pursuing and attacking.
Kyle Rittenhouse tried to run until he was tripped and fell on the ground.
Rioter #2 and #3 chased him and tried to dogpile and got shot.
Not self defense

Wrong yet again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It absolutely does not work lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Love seeing all the GOP accounts and people like Abbott cheering this on twitter because I know they'll all be silent when the guys that lynched Arbery are found guilty.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

this post is going to have a bad ending. likely.

The Arbery case is not going well for the defendants. That is one where I actually would be surprised by a not guilty even with our incredibly racist system.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I haven't followed that case, but the facts of that case alone are just bonkers and lol those idiots just could not shut the gently caress up to save their lives.

They said so much dumb poo poo when they talked to the cops. It makes it even more infuriating that that (former?) prosecutor advised the cops not to charge them based on the video of the murder originally. There's body cam recordings of them saying they had Arbery "trapped like a rat" which demolishes their self-defense claims.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HonorableTB posted:

What prompted this is me thinking about how Trump won the primaries by just saying all the quiet parts out loud accompanied with a total lack of giving a gently caress about decorum. Dunking on primary opponents during the debate and not caring about what the expectations of a politician are. In short, a populist. If the right can produce such a figure surely the left can as well, which is why I brought up the ghost of Huey Long

Trump was the logical endpoint of a half century of the Southern strategy and the right wing media ecosystem filling tens of millions of people's mind with poison for decades (Trump himself was one of them). The GOP base had been waiting for someone like him for awhile. He was also very famous on his own and lucked into a game show laundering his reputation as a serial business failure. There's no media ecosystem or long-term strategy on the left that could've primed voters for an equivalent firebrand but for good things.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1463577902818246666?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How are u posted:

Justice is possible in America, but boy do we have a lot of work to do to make it universal.

If the elder McMichael hadn't given the video of the murder to an attorney to give to a local news outlet they would've got away with a lynching.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I think this is the correct take. Without the video, this wouldn't have been even a news story. I'm glad some semblance of justice will be seen here.

Already seeing conservatives going with "the system worked" line when it absolutely did not. DAs had videos of a murder - in broad daylight - and advised the cops not to arrest the murderers. All three of those men do not spend a day in a courthouse if that video was not given to the new station.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 24, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Arbery case is so much worse. Black man lynched in broad daylight - captured on video - and the criminal "justice" system was going to let it slide until one of the morons gave the video to the media. I don't think I've ever been angrier in my life than when I watched that video knowing a DA had advised the cops not to arrest the McMichaels using the video as support for his advice. It was so clearly self-defense on Arbery's part even before it came out they had boxed him out multiple times and struck him with one of the vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Elites are bad says the Harvard-educated Columbia professor and television host worth 100 million dollars.