Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

selec posted:

After the unhinged reaction to a pilot spouting off a right wing meme the other day, it’s difficult to see which Americans, if any, don’t want to be some kind of cop.

"Im uncomfortable that this pilot just yelled 'gently caress Obama' over the intercom"

"oh so you wish you were a cop????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Nucleic Acids posted:

It is totally appropriate that she has effective veto power over the congressional agenda.

this lady went to a $50k/yr elementary, middle, and high school lmao

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Starsfan posted:

good news in the Rittenhouse trial: a chud juror has disqualified himself from continuing to serve in the trial

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1456277091616362499

what a train wreck. Now the 3 other racists on the jury will know to keep their heads down.

cancel culture strikes again.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Mizaq posted:

Wait, I thought the usual thing to do in regards to the unemployment stats was to not count people who stopped receiving benefits. And in September the pandemic benefits ended. Are we just juking the stats as usual again?

this is a common misconception with unemployment rates. there is a difference in the U-3 (Official) and U-6 unemployment rate (which includes those who have stopped seeking work), but they tend to correlated pretty closely.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

How are u posted:

Let's hope Biden is right about passing the BBBA, we are in his hands now.

indeed we are all being groped by biden now :pray:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

ElrondHubbard posted:

Alternatively, it’s a typical weapons deal and either the US sells to them or one of their competitors on the international marketplace will. Being able to make a buck on the sales and build relations will almost always trump taking some kind of principled stand that accomplishes nothing and reduces influence with them.

if i wasn't working at this concentration camp someone else would just take my place. quitting would really accomplish nothing ok? try and be practical.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

idk how you can say they are defending the arms deal. they clearly just said that not selling the arms would be pointless and wasteful.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i don't really see how Beto's run is going to be anything other than damaging for Texas dems

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

-Blackadder- posted:

That Virginia focus group should not have been a wake up call. Everything that came out of it is exactly what we've known about voters for decades. Expecting a bunch of low info, suburban voters to be able to parse the nuances of academic race and gender topics all while Republicans and leftwing snake oil salesmen are undermining already complex and subpar messaging,

I'm sorry but there is no loving way that low info suburban voters are angry at dems over Leftist Twitter critiques of the party, this is loving stupid and contradictory. You gotta provide evidence if you're going to try and blame a tiny minority with no real power for the failings of the entire party.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

There was a riot, and part of the riot was a violent mob intending to kill specific people. But even that is not the same thing as a coup.

this actually would be a coup btw

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

InsertPotPun posted:

you're referencing a specific meme while saying "i don't know where i got that from"
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/2178069
i'm not sure how to say this without being insulting to you but maybe, juuuuust maybe, the chuds stole the image for their own use instead of your weird conspiracy that they made biden do that?
"my image of joe biden is *perfectly describes chud meme* i don't know where i got that image from!"
the chuds. you very specifically got that image from people who wanted you to have that image, they created that image, you saw that image, and now you have no idea how you got that image. all i'm telling you is where you got that image from.

Do you think that Chuds are the only people who think Biden is an out of touch old guy?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

InsertPotPun posted:

edit:

*shrug*

yes. yes i think only the chuds think that. it's why i linked to a page with both left and right using that image. because i'm too stupid to click a link and see for myself. instead i, because i'm so stupid, jump to stupid conclusions instead of clicking links. because i'm stupid.
thank you for pointing this out, maybe next time i'll click through the link before i post stupid things.
because boy, how stupid would someone be to not click a link before commenting on it?

that link specifically says that the meme originated from r/neoliberal. what are you talking about and what is your problem?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

snorch posted:

Is this just idle conjecture on your part or are you actually basing it on something?

people have been speaking ominously about consequences for Trump since he began his campaign so dont hold it against people for feeling skeptical

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

socialsecurity posted:

Whoa now, I agree with your point that the case was scarier but nobody in the Rittenhouse thing is a "vigilante"

uhhhh Rittenhouse absolutely was by his own words tbough

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

KillHour posted:

if it comes down to a general strike trying to take down the literal economy, I will be on the side of the government sending in the national guard to end it.

this is psychotic what is wrong with you

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

KillHour posted:

Many modern businesses are far too large for workers to own equitably. You can't have a billion dollar multinational co-op and Steve's corner shop can't mass produce millions of complex computer chips.

this is completely wrong. if a company can be owned by shareholders it can be owned by workers. how coulld you possibly come to this conclusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

KillHour posted:

Companies compete with capital for the things they need to get that large.

now youre just moving the goalposts. are we talking about an economy where the workers have seized the means of production or not?

also, there would still be administrators under a planned economy so the rest of this post is pretty off the mark.