Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry Harri

...a-are you guys sure?

pecan

Terry Harri posted:

...a-are you guys sure?

The investors are speaking Terry. The question is...will you listen?

biosterous

i want the buttons to be clicked that let me do more puzzles and free nut and engage with powerful new businesses

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

beer pal

im so hooked on engaging with exciting new busieness ventures

Terry Harri

...f-fine. I spent a lot of time weighing the pros and cons in my pro and con chart, but "Investors" is still written in the biggest block letters and all the other factors are mere wispier fonts.

...I-I've okayed the release of the final profile. Be safe, Stefferz.

biosterous

terry i have no idea why you're forecasting disaster! so far all these businesses have been complete successes!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Rags to Liches

future skeleton soldier

I don't know why you're being so glum Terry, nothing could possibly go wrong!

Terry Harri

Hello investors,

It's still not too late. Metrics have remained low this time and they could just...stay low? I like to imagine you are all part of my invisible resistance except I know it might just be a thanksgiving thing. If you are reading this, don't solve the puzzle...

beer pal

im sorry terry but i already solved the puzzle and just forgot to tell you about it

Terry Harri

Whatever, investors. Stefferz is gone, just like I thought. I'm cancelling the opening of Jays Clan.

pecan

Terry Harri posted:

Whatever, investors. Stefferz is gone, just like I thought. I'm cancelling the opening of Jays Clan.

Well now, that seems a little silly to say, I just checked and Jays Clan is fully launched! And with something for not only me but all investors to engage with. I hope you like gaming, gamers!

biosterous

pecan posted:

Well now, that seems a little silly to say, I just checked and Jays Clan is fully launched! And with something for not only me but all investors to engage with. I hope you like gaming, gamers!

i do like gaming and i am a very successful gamer

gallery of sigs

he/him

beer pal

it sucks that stefferz is gone but i do love to game.

Rags to Liches

future skeleton soldier

I mourn the loss of stefferz, but I also love to game

pecan

Whew, anyone else mad that Terry seems to have interfered with the Nuthatchery back-end significantly enough to prevent the release of a new and exciting Jays Clan game for at least a day? Luckily, removing bubblegum from an internet server is not as difficult as some may think. Not that I know or anything, just the latest goss I heard from a friend in a VC firm.

With the lines open, maybe now Terry will release the next game!! My hands ache from not engaging enough! I hope I really get to work the clicks out today. C'mon Terry!

Prof. Crocodile

starting to think this terry fellow may be hiding something… :thunk:

Terry Harri

I have asked nicely that you all consider not engaging for the obvious danger it is doing. However, at present I find it impossible to resist further. In my current form, I still find it undeniable to watch the profits soar, to calculate dividends, to buy heavily into overpromised technological hype. I feel firmly entrenched in the inverted pyramid of success.

But perhaps I can, at the very least, let you know a little about what we have lost...

Indy was only 8 the first time I met him, in the park with his parents. I was watching and drawing the [REDACTED] when I felt a weak tugging on the hem of my vest. Seemingly forever allergic, Indy stared up, bright eyes, snotty nose, and a scrawny hand wavering in point at my own.

“What’s that, mister?”

It was my sketchpad, where I kept all my [REDACTED] sketches. Indy loved them immediately. He marveled at my masterful drawings of [REDACTED], somehow more inspired by their representations on paper than the actual things perching and creeping along a nearby oak trunk. From then on, Indy would make regular treks to the park to seek me and my latest sketches out. He always came with his parents in tow, who spent most of our [REDACTED]-watching sessions mouthing apologies to me for Indy’s over-eagerness.

When Indy was 14 his father fell ill. With his parents suddenly confined to the house, Indy began appearing at the park alone and quite obviously sad. In hopes of rekindling the fervour he had mere months before, I offered him a new sketchpad of his own and suggested he try to capture some of nature’s beauty as I often did. Half-heartedly, he sketched out the nearest oak tree (it was a pretty bad sketch from my recollection, but drawing requires practice so calm down and don’t judge him so harshly). Indy slowly, reluctantly wandered back home.

The next day, however, Indy erupted anew in the joy I recognized from earlier times. I told him that yes, it is very exciting to make a good sketch (again, his was not a good sketch, but you can’t say that to a child, think of the long-term damage that kind of behaviour causes). But Indy didn’t care about the sketch, he cared about what his father had said about his sketch. Indy had felt that although his father could no longer come to the park, through sketching, Indy could bring the park to his father. And he did. Indy sketched animals, trees, bushes, benches, sidewalks, streets, all to bring home for his father. He committed himself to finding a way to deliver the world to the ones he loved.

And on his 15th birthday, Indy got a computer...

pecan

Terry Harri posted:

I have asked nicely that you all consider not engaging for the obvious danger it is doing.

Blah blah blah, Terry. For all that talking, it seems that...yes, the newest Jays Clan game has dropped! Reading is for nerds anyways--catch me, gaming with my gamers!

knut

Just so you're aware, it looks like something went wrong with the latest game, but I guess x_CloudStryke_x must have fixed it now. Too bad, it would have been a lot easier that way...

beer pal

[spy code voice] the egg has been cracked. i repeat the egg, has been cracked

Terry Harri

In my younger years, I was a regular in the [REDACTED] World Ham Radio Circuit. Every day, after collecting my field observations (weights, locations, nesting status), I would dial in to the Circuit Commission, a humble and quiet man who we jokingly called DJ Blum (pronounced “bloom” as we found it hilarious that he was always most excited to talk in the spring). I spent many nights talking over the airwaves to DJ Blum, sharing my measurements for the communal datapool, collated to include every known [REDACTED] species from around the world courtesy of international correspondents in the circuit. But our conversations never ended with business and, sometimes, we would stay up all night talking about life.

A native of the rural Southwest, DJ Blum’s discussions over the years always became ones of decline. It was tragic to listen as he talked about his small town hollowing out. A local manifold factory folding and all of its employees leaving car by car to a promise of anything else. A crumbling highway, their primary connection to the state capital, threatened every year by increasingly severe floods. I noticed the nadir he sank to was always in the tail-end of the winter, soon after which he was perked up by the spring warmth, signaling the impending return of local migratory [REDACTED] populations. He told me that as much as the circuit alone meant to him, it was the daily presence of [REDACTED] that reaffirmed his utility and importance to us, his friends.

In his worst year, DJ Blum’s children had grown tall enough to recognize that there was nothing left for them at home. Leaving for school and work, Blum felt the huge emptiness of a town and home deserted. It was only autumn and the prospects of a further winter slump terrified me on behalf of him. So...as a half-joke, I began to start my radio calls with my [REDACTED]-call, tweeting it carefully into my sending microphone. It worked. As fake as we both knew the calls were, DJ Blum admitted I had captured even a tiny fingernail’s worth of the joy that came every spring with the return of the [REDACTED]. Plus, we just thought the idea of an animal calling in was funny.

As I tweeted in each evening, DJ Blum responded with character imitations he had put together during the day in his head. He took on the character of a radio DJ, playing his favourite music through the microphone on his end or re-enacting a talk radio script wholly ad-libbed. It was incredible. Directed by his wish to entertain, he exhibited tremendous confidence and an unmistakable warmth. It was as if he had stumbled onto a new purpose.

One day, I asked DJ Blum if he had ever wanted to try hosting a real radio station…

pecan

Terry Harri posted:

In my younger years, I was a regular in the [REDACTED] World Ham Radio Circuit.

do you have any idea how hard it is to remove band-aids from ports (I hear. From a friend)?

Ugh. New Jays Clan game is out. Hoorah. Go go go.

biosterous

i have successfully solved a mystery today. a gaming mystery. a gamystery?

gallery of sigs

he/him

Terry Harri

...i-it's working, the metrics are low! The investors are protesting with me to stop the next release!

pecan

Terry Harri posted:

...i-it's working, the metrics are low! The investors are protesting with me to stop the next release!

uh, no. They just...they're uh...savouring their engagement.

beer pal

im engaging as hard as i can but i just can't solve this latest puzzle

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm here to invest in whatever pecan products I must to promote safe sex and prevent the release of unwanted nuts

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

knut

Terry (pecan?) seems to be getting sloppy. I found an error in the solution for JaYs CLAN #3 and was able to sort it out. If you were having trouble, I recommend going back and trying again.

beer pal

i have now successfully engaged with JC3

more falafel please

forums poster

look, modern games are always buggy on launch, but then they become very successful!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Terry Harri

no no no, I thought you had all stopped. Eugh.

Fine, I will tell my toughest story yet in hopes you finally stop.

To lose a parent, whether by nature’s circumstance or standing by as you cannot help but watch them drift off, is an impossible weight. Such a weight was once, and will forever be, shouldered by a young, brave woman named Stefferz Ba-nana three weeks after her 12th birthday. Caring for her mother, who still slept crunched up on the extreme left half of the bed, Stefferz persevered where others faded away, promising her family a bright future should they look forward long enough. And as the time needed passed, she was right--life reanimated. A ruthless winter relented to a balmy spring. A blossom of opportunity.

By season’s pass, Stefferz insisted to her mother that the world outdoors was waiting for them both. Painting classes. A mother-daughter yoga retreat. Tough mudders (my hip hurts at just the thought…). All helped, but none stuck long enough (not even the mudders) to keep a blue haze away. Inevitably, it always flooded back in, seeping through the cracks in the front door to thicken the stagnant air floating through the house. Stefferz needed some air.

She turned to the nearest city park for inspiration. Would her mother like slack-lining? She cringed at the thought of the fall. Being that guy in the park playing Wonderwall on his acoustic guitar, seemingly waiting for just about anyone to stop and say just about anything? Eugh. Maybe the sole practicing LARPer, deftly swinging a wooden staff tipped with sections of pool noodle? Maybe…

And then she saw it. Er, well...she saw me.

Hidden amongst the brush, eyes glued to my binoculars, hot on the trail of [REDACTED]. I had been waiting for two hours, documenting a mating pair’s nest construction in a half-dead oak on the margins of the park. Two hours of notes rendered useless when a small woman prodded my side forcefully, unleashing a reactive animalistic cry that I, to this day, fear tainted the [REDACTED]’s romance forever.

Catching my breath, Stefferz asked why I looked like a “dumb safari man”. Thoughtfully, I deconstructed her assumptions, showing how the wide brim of my hat kept the sun out of my eyes. How the pockets of my vest held infinite useful surprises--my bird call, my sketchpad, loose M&Ms. All the things I needed to properly stake out the [REDACTED]. Her face now lit up, she ran off and left me to rue the emotional damage my scream had done to the atmosphere.

Days later, as the [REDACTED] had finally returned to their nesting site (left half-built), Stefferz attempted to prod me again. I had grown wise and deftly dodged the assault, turning to face my offender. Imagine my surprise! Stefferz decked out in a hat and vest matching mine, and a beautiful woman behind her matching us both.

Let me clarify here, the intention COMPLETELY failed. Stefferz’ mother hated watching [REDACTED], immediately and forever. However, it turned out she plenty liked watching me. And I her. The rest, as they say, is history. This was the first in a long chain of great things Stefferz has done for me and I, and her mother, will forever strive to pay her back. I had no idea what I was getting into when, years later, I asked how much she wanted to try her hand at matchmaking again...

And now she's....gone?

pecan

Terry Harri posted:

no no no, I thought you had all stopped. Eugh.

Wow oh wow. Total snorefest, grandpa. Us gamers are gearing up for today's hot new release and we're going to engage with it until we notice we've become really tired but that still won't stop us. Because we're gamers.

Also, Terry, please stop hiding the server key in the orange juice. I know it's there. Every time. You could hurt someone.

biosterous

terry i think if your goal is to make is feel bad about the people we have actually accidentally deleted from the universe, it might be more effective to tell us about people who still exist ? because while i definitely would feel bad if i was responsible for deleting a person from existence via solving puzzles/engaging with businesses on the internet but i had no idea i was doing that at the time, i would feel even worse if i knew things about the person before i clicked the buttons and that might maybe make me want to not click the buttons

anyway also i have beaten the third and fourth game on JaYs CLAN btw

gallery of sigs

he/him

beer pal

check this out

Terry Harri

biosterous posted:

terry i think if your goal is to make is feel bad about the people we have actually accidentally deleted from the universe, it might be more effective to tell us about people who still exist ?

sad emoticon man here (still haven't learned this one yet, sorry)

Some of us cannot so easily gloss over such losses.

Also, yes, I know Mark Hooley, too. He's my neighbour's kid. Super annoying if I'm being honest. Not totally upset if he goes. Sorry if you read this, Mark. Also, please return my weed whacker.

Terry Harri

beer pal posted:

check this out

Neat! I will store it safely in the first post. Weird, they feel warm...

pecan

What do you think the resale is on those cards? Asking for a friend.

I'm not even going to bother going into how I single-handedly removed all the dirt Terry fit into the CD Drives of the data banks housed in the Storage Bay today. Not worth my effort. Frankly, I'm not even sure how some of it got in there so deep.

New game blah blah blah click jump shoot whatever, just put every ounce of energy you have into it. Like I do. The gamer.

Prof. Crocodile

wow terry, this newest game sure is... blocky. it's not my style, but i'm sure it will be a huge success with the younger demos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

yo pecan i bet you're a fake gamer who can't handle all our success at solving these puzzles, i bet this isn't playing into your nefarious plans at all!!!!!

hey terry in your opinion what is the third best bird?

gallery of sigs

he/him