Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: Oops read the new page on the thread you moron.

Yeah DJax, is done but someone is probably gonna sign him for the rest of the season right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Woozie66 posted:

Did the Chiefs ever do anything about their coach who killed a kid while drunk driving?

They didn't renew his contract :shrug:

I mean he didn't coach the Super Bowl and his contract was up so they kinda washed their hands I guess.

e: shoulda known I'd be beaten here

No Butt Stuff posted:

Maybe he will get sent to jail. I loving hope he does anyway.

Same, same.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

It costs no draft capital it's just $8m in cap space this year and then if he doesn't perform, you cut him and lose nothing.

It's expensive and only 10 teams have that much space right now, but you're basically bringing in a guy who used to be great and is only 29. And if he does perform he'll be A) happy and B) under contract to you and you can work something out, a pretty good position to be in.

Teams that can afford him without futzing around with other player's contracts.

$28m Jags
$21m Eagles
$15.5m Broncos
$13.4m Seahawks
$11.8m Panthers
$11.4m Football Team
$11m Chargers
$10.8m Steelers
$9.7m Bengals
$9m Browns

I know you're just listing all the teams but now I'm all in on the idea that the Browns cut OBJ and then claim him off waivers to send a message that they're tired of his poo poo or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

What did Kyrie Irving do now?

Nothing new, he's just not playing this year because he refuses to get vaccinated and New York state law says he can't play at home in that case.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A big flaming stink posted:

does the pat tillman book talk about how he got murdered by the military for being anti war

I believe something along these lines is a large part of it for what it's worth, haven't read it myself but I think a good bit of it is based on Tillman's journals.

The funniest non-important Tillman thing I'll always remember is Simeon Rice being asked about him after he was in the military and going something like 'yeah he sucked at football, he could play enough to stick in Arizona but they're trash.'

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remember how the Rams got a king's ransom for the RG3 pick but got nearly nothing out of it? The only player I can remember from that haul is... Ogletree?

I wonder if that didn't have a hand in the organization deciding picks were more valuable for acquiring players instead of drafting them.

Michael Brockers and Janoris Jenkis were...fine? Like not amazing or anything, but Brockers at least was a decent player and they're still around.

Almost by default they all lasted longer than RG3 so...:shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

He also flat out sucked at running their offense beyond his rookie season. Cue the infamous gif of him having a clean pocket and five players all wide open by NFL standards and him taking a sack, or all the breakdowns that came of him failing to run staple Shanahan plays that have worked before and since with any halfway decent QB and why he lost the job to Kirk Cousins. The injuries didn’t help, but RG3 had other issues beyond that in Washington.

I still think something broke his brain, whether it was the idea of proving himself as a pocket passer or coaching or...whatever. In college and for that first season he was bombs away, he didn't question whether someone was open deep if his eyes told him they were.

I never really liked him running, I mean he was plenty fast and could do it. Just...he never had any wiggle to him and it was all straight lines. That's fine if there's no one there, a lot less fine in many times that he took off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hawks seem interesting from a football standpoint. The Jags seem interesting from a drama standpoint.

So it'll be the Texans if it's one of those top 10 waiver teams to annoy everyone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinjobi posted:

God drat I'd forgotten all about Urban Meyer and the barroom butt finger.

His wife tweeting about how happy she was to look after the grandkids and let him go out that night was very good. And then a bunch of people finding out who his wife was as a damned RN who agrees totally with Aaron Rodgers was also very good.

And by very good I mean the opposite of that because all of this sucks in various ways, but at least it's all amusing.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Henry Ruggs killed someone doing 120+ and it was forgotten about 24 hours later

Yeah haven't forgotten about this one yet and probably won't, which is not amusing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are punts measured from the snap or the kick? I know FGs are from the kick

From the snap for punts. I don't know why, I guess because a punter can theoretically run around for a while before kicking it when that would be one hell of a weird achievement for a field goal.

e: now I'm imagining crazy successful drop kicks after the field goal kicker looks for a fake and decides it isn't there.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 7, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Titans just swept the hardest part of their schedule

How in the world did the Jets loss happen? Henry went for 150+, Tanny threw for almost 300, they had no turnovers. And lost. To the Jets.

Ate a lot of sacks it looks like which is the only egregious thing I see off the top of my head looking at the box score. Weren't good on third downs and had a fair amount of penalties. Still. They're the Jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Paperback Writer posted:

I forget, did we ever find out what happened with Bowden and the Raiders?

Mayock's side is it was totally just 'a football decision' maybe having to do with Gruden trying to make him a running back for some godawful reason. So you trade your new pick for less than you just used to take him in the middle of the covid season where you don't really get to work with him like you normally would, obviously.

Coincidentally the DEA raided his grandmother's house he was staying at (made no arrests and filed no charges although they seized some registered firearms). Bowden says he made a call to his special teams coach who was in a meeting with the other coaches that didn't realize he was on the line:

quote:

The coaches didn’t know Bowden could hear everything they were saying, too.

“Nobody was sticking up for me,” Bowden says. “It was, ‘Well, you know it is a drug house, it’s a gang-related house. So, he could’ve been in it.’ I’m hearing it! This is my first time even telling anybody this poo poo. I’m hearing ‘em! So I’m already knowing what their mindset is.”

I don't know, it sounds like the Raiders got scared of his history which is currently funny/sad considering other Raiders stuff and cut bait. Here's a very long article on Bowden that i haven't completely read https://www.golongtd.com/p/lynn-bowden-jr-is-free-look-out-nfl

Anyway in less annoying Lynn Bowden stuff let's all watch this stupid play from high school again.

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1253875339710697472?lang=en