Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Tampa Bae posted:

Make sure to mention that Nintendo products are like NFTs. People scalp the heck out of the limited stock they decide to put out to the point where most Nintendo products are worth more than RSP and since Nintendo never marks down the prices of any first party or exclusive games, they stay full price until they're collector's items worth hundreds.

...is there really a huge scalper after-market for NFTs? the things you can right-click, save-as and possess them even if you don't "own" them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

Nintendo is bad at supply and or demand, around this time last year I had to have bots set up to buy a Switch for my friend because other bots were buying the stock out the second it was available.

Then Amiibos and Animal Crossing Switches too, yeah. They'll ship 100 to a city where thousands want a product.

right but what about their NFTs

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

more and more people are saying this

Detective No. 27 posted:

Sun and Moon were so bad.

fewer and fewer people are saying this

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I also just saw this https://twitter.com/SouperJ64/status/1452839651387973639 and was really confused how something that bad could get released. I guess it makes more sense that somehow playing single player games online is causing this vs it was just released this badly.

yeah this seems to be... someone streaming somebody else's game over a lovely connection?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The yoshi story song always sounded like they were saying "eat rear end in a top hat"

I mean, that IS Yoshi's main form of dealing with the various assholes they encounter, is eating them.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

The Postman posted:

which Mario are you

the doctor one

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

gently caress i just realized i missed the window to make a "Nintendo's Witch" post YET AGAIN.

Well wake me up in 362 days or whatever.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ring Fit is the tenth best selling Nintendo switch game at 12.2 million, that's pretty nuts

I really should play more of that :smith:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Metis of the Hallways posted:

same, I was really in the habit for a while and then I injured my foot and just completely fell off it

I have no such excuse. "It was summer and I didn't want to get sweaty inside" is about the extent of it.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

SpicyPete posted:

SMTV is reviewing worse than Forza, rip switch

i rip my switch every day. rip it right out of the dock, into my powerful game-enabled hands.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You know what's interesting? The video they put out explaining that metroid prime 4 was not coming along well and they decided to scrap everything and start over...has a lot more likes than dislikes. I'm surprised it wasn't met with a bunch of wailing and gnashing of teeth but it seems like gamers took the news pretty well

Metroid fans above all others know that it's better to wait for a good game than get a bad one today. Learned the bad side of that with Other M (though idk how much of that awfulness was from rush), and just had the good side of it confirmed with Dread.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I cannot believe people play handheld mode with joycons for any appreciable amount of time. It's so uncomfortable.

i can never figure out how to properly support the console and end up doing it with my pinky fingers, which gets pretty uncomfortable after a while. but on the upside my pinky fingers are now swole and jacked.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

SWSH has about thr same ratio of unskippable cutscene to gameplay as FFX, if that helps you decide if you're gonna like it or not

lol

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

pokemon: the game that encourages collaboration at every turn it can, on the system so utterly terrified of user interaction that anyone proposing it should have voip built-in gets called a pedophile

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Kirios posted:

I refuse to believe NFTs are going to take off. It's the most obvious scam in the world.

They also provide zero benefit to game makers that they don't already get from the games-as-a-service model, it's just got the veneer of "distributed." Which isn't necessarily a good thing, it's just not a "new" thing.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Stux posted:

cant believe nintendo was doing evil like the politiciians with its nintendo online expansion pack 😔

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

It's relevant to Nintendo becayse without Low Tax on the scene, High Cost will rule the day.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

tensai posted:

But I purchased, nonetheless.

Strong thread title contender.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I just want to say that dual joycons is the ultimate father-daughter co-op gameplay mode. Who gets to control the camera and who gets to control everything else is up to you.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

hotdog feet posted:

the only sean megami game i've played is persona 5 and it was fun but had gross relationship stuff. this new one seems to be popular. please explain the silly moth i keep seeing pictures of and if i, a casual video gamer, should buy this game

i think you mean "sean megaman".

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Do you want a challenging RPG whose emphasis is more on battle strategy and party planning rather than grinding and which can and will kick your rear end and force you to come back better prepared? Do you enjoy exploring complicated overworld maps, platforming for treasures and collectibles, and avoiding or fighting enemies on the field? And how do you feel about the prospect of murdering gods and demons and mythical figures from every major world culture and religion?

If you have positive responses to these questions then get SMTV, it's a great place to start with the series.

As someone who has never played SMT or Persona: this sounds loving dope

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I loved BIY because every single level was essentially a window into an entirely different puzzle game, it was just constantly mind-blowing, which I found super super satisfying. Yeah, I'd get to a point where it had melted my brain into slag and I couldn't make any more progress, but then I'd come back in a week and start chipping away again.

BIY probably holds the clear title for "best game I never finished."

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

Finished BOTW! Zelda was Ganon the whole time! Unless I read that wrong.

I think you did.

However I would play the poo poo out of a game where, say, a courageous Zelda has to beat a power-mad Link with the help of wise old Ganondorf.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

Ganon was a cloud of red smoke possessing killer robots. Zelda is the one pursuing the excavation and repair of said robots. She doesn't feel any connection to the triforce of wisdom or courage, And this lack of connection drives her study. You don't actually kill any of the onerous robot bosses, you just get them to switch sides. The final boss is ike a lab experiment gone wrong.

Ganon never manifests as a person, he is just a "calamity." Caused by what?

The failing education system at work. Where are our media literacy teachers when you need them?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

cum jabbar posted:

Calamity Qanon

this is the qanonical pronunciation of "Qanon"

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

Well, sure. It's barely subtext. The enemies are evil robots. Who fixed the robots?

the enemy is ganon. ganom corrupted the good robots to be bad. ganon bad

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

anatomi posted:

That would empty out the thread completely. The single unifier for goons - the goonifier if you will - is terrible opinions.

hey guys i'm playing ff7 (not on my switch tho) and it seems like cloud is the bad guy? maybe DON'T do an ecoterrorism, king?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Port the remastered Wind Waker Nintendo, you fucks

hehe... PORT... the boat game :xd:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I don't see how the interpretation caused such a big derail, it seems pretty harmless?

harmless, yes, and also very dumb

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How can link carry iron boots but not have it affect his buoyancy when not wearing them

He has the Universal Protagonist Powers: extradimensional pockets, hypermetabolism (eat to heal), and of course instant reincarnation.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

i have an event in my calendar tomorrow called "buy astral chain it will be on sale." but it does not seem to be on sale anywhere. and i blame somebody in this thread >:(

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

Might want to specify where. Gamestop is selling digital codes for AC at $27 USD, the lowest it's ever been according to DekuDeals. If you're not in the US it might not be on sale?

...ah :canada:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

hell yeah drifter my buddy!!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you really must know, I never got around to using Bloodstone specced weapons. I was a dynamo with the fists. All the fists.

I still have a few weapons I want to upgrade plus a bunch of aesthetics, but I finished the prophecies and the mirror... I'll come back to it for sure. Just not now.

Don't worry, the fists are far and away the most fun weapon to use, so you're not missing much.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

The only one I could just never get the feel for was the gun. Everything else made sense but I just couldn't get used to the rhythm.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I got my Joycons fixed after they'd been drifting and having connection issues for like a year.

First of all, anybody dragging their feet on setting up a repair because being on the phone is a pain the rear end? You can set up a repair order on the website. There's a dedicated button for Joycon repairs. They don't even ask any questions. Just "Yeah Yeah, here's a shipping label. Send us your Joycons."

When I got mine back (they look new, but I can't tell), the right Joycon was DOA. System wasn't recognizing that it was connected, lights wouldn't come on when I pushed buttons after detaching it, nada. So once again I turned to the support page. Anybody needing some help from old Ninty, do try their live chat function! I don't know if it's new... but this was the first time I tried it. Worked great. Got in touch with a customer service rep within 5 minutes, he asked me some basic questions, took me through some troubleshooting steps, and I got my right Joycon working again!

Friends don't let friends put up with Joycon drift. Get your poo poo fixed! Namaste.

drat, this WAS easy. They'll let you send up to four at a time! Nice!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

b_d posted:

the free replacements are great but last i heard they're only free in the US. which is where i am, so that's not my problem

I can report: also free in Canada.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Google Butt posted:

What's the best switch era Pokemon game

Snap 2, which is still just mediocre

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I play video games to have fun OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

one day i will be in an elite tactical situation facing a skilled combatant foe irl, and my game-honed fast twitch muscle response and hand-eye coordination under extreme sensory duress will be the difference between me getting murked instantly by my opponent, and me getting murked slightly less instantly by my opponent. that's why i game - to keep my loved ones safe by occupying someone with actual combat training for one additional second.