Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Carried over from the previous thread...

I know that if you were to purchase the AC DLC, everyone gets to use it.

Does that also work if I subscribe to NSO+ (for lack of a better abbreviation), get it that way, and someone else on my Switch doesn't have the NSO expansion pack?

The weird situation is that my wife apparently had gotten a basic family account last year without realizing it, and had a dummy account underneath it. I have one spot available on my family plan, but the only way she can come over to mine is if she removes that dummy account from her plan.

So she did, and it takes 30 days for it to fully go through (in the event that you aver wanted to undo the removal). Once the 30 days are up, I'll put her on my family plan, but until then, will she be able to play the DLC?

Also, shamelessly stolen from the Mario Golf discord (maintained by bushisms.txt)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

Added to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack testimonials section.

I am replaying Ocarina of Time in full and having a blast. Originally I just did it for the fishing, but I'm all-in. I'm hooked!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

Added to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack testimonials section! (I am also replaying OoT partially to get to that fishing minigame you were talking about)

Also added this one!

The moment you're out of Kokiri Forest, you can go do it. Lake Hylia, to the south. There's a ladder to get you over the fence.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

Aha! Thank you I missed it since I was doing critical plot path again...

I need to actually go and look and see what this is at some point. I love the Pikmin games but I've been done with mobile stuff for a while now. If anything might get me back in, it's Pikmin.

Go back to the fishing hole later, and all the fish will be bigger. Don't think you're done with it, just as a kid.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I dunno what happened to the last thread but the nintendo controller you shove up your rear end is obviously the wiimote

With the nunchuk?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The yoshi story song always sounded like they were saying "eat rear end in a top hat"

I always heard it as "big rear end in a top hat".

Like gay Bowser's.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Once Toejam & Earl hits the Sega Online thing, I'll be able to delete the classics collection and never look back.

gently caress I love that game. Newest one is pretty great, too.

I assume staples such as Beyond Oasis and Shining Force 2 are coming.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

There's something weird with MK64, always has been. It has something to do with how far back the camera is from your kart, though zooming out doesn't change it.

It's really hard to explain, but it's as if there's an invisible line coming straight out the back of your kart and when you drift, say, to the left, that line almost pulls you OVER to the left first, and vice versa for the right.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ah, the curious case of Dr Gay and Mr Stux.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mezzanon posted:

Yeah I will definitely Play through Shining Force 1 and 2 and Phantasy star 4 again (and some more toejam and earl). But also, sega, please put Mutant League Hockey on the Switch, and General Chaos, and Haunting starring Polterguy.

Also put Ogre battle on the snes and Ogre battle 64 on the 64 on my loving switch, nintendo you goddamn cowards

Until then I am freebasing Dungeon Encounters and the Advance Castlevania collection and Dragons roar age of yoko taro cards

I believe all of those are either developed or published by EA, so... good luck :smith:

I absolutely love General Chaos, and Mutant League Football.

Haunting is very neat but gets old fast. I've played it... to death. :haw:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

Heads-up Nintendo fans we got a new Nintendo movie about Nintendo coming to a PS5 or Xbox HBO Max streaming app near you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIcAkLBV-U

I can't take Grandma's Boy, Pixels, or Free Guy, but I'm all in on this one.

Very much seems like A Christmas Story for millennials.

It's me; I'm the prime demographic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

I'm a sucker for Christmas movies AND I unironically like The Wizard a lot so I'm pretty sure I'm right there with ya.

I cringed a bit at first while watching the trailer during the family dinner table scene but I realized this is the same level of cringe that I feel when I'm at the family Christmas party and one of my cousins comes to try and talk to me and the only topic I can hold a conversation on is games, so in that respect it seems the movie is on the right track.

Yeah, I'm also a huge actual fan of the Wizard and A Christmas Story, so it's probably why this appeals to me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm getting back into Animal Crossing in a huge way, and one of the things that I appreciate about it is just how insanely customizable it all is. I remember when I started playing, I was sitting at a table in my house, with custom album art put up as posters, listening to a few of my KK songs on my stereo, while I designed my Nook phone case to resemble a ghost trap from Ghostbusters.

My wife makes clothing, designs many areas of the island, and she and I try to design our rooms around a theme each. I have a cafe in my basement, and I loved making it.

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin/status/1456370074013483036?t=z3AHJAsN3eupj0yzIoOupQ&s=19

Can't wait to make more stuff, especially with the update and the incoming DLC. :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

Shiiiiiit that's a really awesome cafe! I should boot the game back up up and finish out my music studio idea (and cringe at the amount of weeds).

Thank you!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Don't kill your weeds, they're the most diverse flower in the game, they don't hurt your score and you can even water them.

Also, they're necessary for grilled sea bass :getin:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I cannot believe people play handheld mode with joycons for any appreciable amount of time. It's so uncomfortable.

Agreed; I hate it. I actually prefer to play with my SNES30 Pro + with the Switch in tablet mode (using a tablet holder not that awful kickstand).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

I can't wait to make pizza in Animal Crossing. :colbert:

Oddly enough, you can't actually use the brick pizza oven in the game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Alright goons, I've got two mostly broken 8bitdo controllers (SNES30, and an SF30). Got the replacement sticks and rubber button mats from 8bitdo themselves, and finally got the proper precision screwdriver set from Princess Auto.

Tonight, I'm going to try and fully restore them. The only possible wrench in the plans is that the charging port for the SF30 is kind of hosed. Here's hoping I can somehow fix that. I'll report back.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Get the online, either flavour, and buy Super Mario Maker 2.

Infinite Mario!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Animal Crossing is the coziest game.

I think when I'm 100% finished with it, I'll try out Coffee Talk. I love how you can make your own cream design on the top of anyone's coffee.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think it'd be super cool if Nintendo came out with a new NES or SNES game, and put it on the service.

Something like Super Mario Bros 4 for NES, or Super Mario World 3 for SNES.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I see Doshin the Giant.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

HOW is this possible? Christ, they had to remove the commented-out code when that all went down.

Over/under on when Jack Thompson awakens from his internet slumber to go on the attack again?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

One single counterpoint: Alien Isolation.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I completely repaired one of my 8bitdo controllers! :toot:

https://imgur.com/a/OoxSfb0

Here's the photo album with write-ups of a bunch of the steps, in case anyone's looking to do the same. It was incredibly easy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I got a 8bitdo Pro2, but I find it less comfortable then my Switch Pro, but it's hard to articulate how/why, it feels subtly smaller or something, or maybe it's just the stick placement or the shoulder design? I don't even have big hands.

At this point, I'm glad I haven't played with a pro controller, because I can't imagine the 8bitdo Pro + not feeling comfortable as hell.

The dpad is :kiss: too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

anatomi posted:

'Dorf in Wind Waker was so good. Felt a bit sad for him when you slotted the sword into his brain.

I loved this ending so much. Ganon sort of monologuing AFTER he got the sword in the head was :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just Andi Now posted:

Ganondorf just has a dying line about the wind and then immediately becomes stone. I dunno if that counts as a monologue.

Ah right, I misremembered.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy incontinent making GBS threads jesus christ is the water temple bad.

Like, I recalled from when I first played it that there was some tedious finagling here and there but WOW, my memory must have been covering up some severe (video game) trauma.

What the fuuuuuuuuuck is this bullshit?

In the granddaddy list of all temples, you have:

1. Forest Temple
2. Goldeneye temple
3. Temple level from Spelunky
2704. Water Temple

How hard is it to make something water based that doesn't involve changing the goddamned water level and/or requiring my goddamned iron boots every 30 loving seconds? Fighting my evil self was a joy compared to playing the most hosed up version of "Float or Sink: You're an rear end in a top hat and Everything Sucks" edition.

:psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

The 3DS remake turns the Iron Boots from a piece of equipment that you have to pause and menu to equip or unequip into an item you use one of your buttons to take on or off, and that change alone makes the Water Temple like 80% less annoying.

I'm assuming you still have the need to change the water levels, ergo thanks I (still would) hate it.

Easily equipping the boots would definitely help, though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Is Minecraft on Switch worth it for a kid who is slowly getting into it?

Yes, absolutely.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think we are about due for the next set of N64 games this week.

Speaking of, I hope that Mr Gimmick is put on there someday. Game is really, really good, and would absolutely make a fantastic addition.

Also, where's NES Pinball? :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It's right here. (Sans the NES bit.)

They should still put the NES version up on NESflix. They did it with Donkey Kong (and I'm sure others).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think for Christmas, I'm going to get myself Dusk and Hades. Not a moment sooner, either; I want that "new stuff on Christmas day!" feeling :3:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Binboks sounds like your grandparents trying to refer to your controllers and not quite getting it right.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is Burnout Paradise worth it at $15?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yes. it's a good port of one of the best* racing games ever

*not as good as burnout 3

See, I really, really loved Burnout 3, but of course that's not available on the Switch.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, (hopefully) getting together with family at Christmas, and there'll be 3 switches, including mine.

Any good, somewhat cheap games to get for good LAN multiplayer with people who aren't super into games like most of us ITT?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lying in bed playing Phantasy Star IV for the first time.

Goons, I'm cozy as gently caress right now.

Any pointers on this game? Stuff I should know? These tech/skill/spell names are somewhat obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RichterIX posted:

The move names in PS4 are dumb, I don't know what it is but in spite of having played the game through like 20 times over the years I still have to look them up.

That aside, I'm excited for you, it's a great game that stands with the SNES Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger as far as I'm concerned

Do I eventually get a ship?