Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Spacebump posted:

Did someone alter this video or does this really happen on the emulator?
https://twitter.com/chiguinoki/status/1455693413886611464

OK now I'm sold on the Expansion Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1455921724017582087

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I did a bad job as thread IK so the admins punished me by promoting me to a Games mod.

If you have any feedback on how you want this thread post it in the Games Feedback thread and I'll try my best to keep things chill. I'll probably do an effort post there later so as not to derail chat about sweet Switch games.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

b_d posted:

that sucks man. i'm sorry. also i have to send you actionable death threats now. you know how it is.

I wouldn't be a true mod without 'em!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Enough posting about posting, there's the feedback thread for that.

hexceed is fun,and free! Play it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

This is getting dumb again. Be civil.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think the best comparison to SMT5 would be comparing it to SMT5.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Andrast posted:

lmao if you think Atlus isn't trying to get the persona audience into smt too

If they were they'd probably try to add some Persona features into SMTV, which from I gather isn't really happening.

Anyway, everything seems cut and dry to me. It's funny that reviewers who only know Persona are annoyed that SMT5 doesn't have Persona stuff because they're probably ignorant that Persona was a spinoff of SMT and SMT is its own thing. I can see why SMT fans find that good as a laugh, but I mean, Persona is also the easiest comparison to make with SMT since they're sibling franchises and more people have probably played a Persona game than a SMT game. Thus I don't understand why it's so terrible to compare Persona with SMT, as long as the reviewer actually knows what the hell they're talking about and thus can explain the differences and different appeals for SMT compared to Persona.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

the dark souls of pokemon

i have ascended into games journalism valhalla

Finally, the one accurate SMT comparison.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Any thoughts on Magic Potion Millionaire? Looks interesting and I'll probably grab it eventually but I'm curious if anyone else has tried it in the meantime.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Finally 100% Picross S6 with No Assist. Clip 4 felt like it took forever, and of course I still hate the Extra puzzles since one mistake and you might have to redo an hour's work if you aren't lucky to finagle a fix.

Other than that, it's still Picross, and Picross always owns.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Mario Party fuckin rules.

I bought a golden pipe then landed on a hidden block which had an item bag, which had another golden pipe in it. Then someone got the star and the new one appeared in front of me.

Went from zero stars to 3 in turns 5, 4, and 3.

On turn 2, two different players used boo to steal my star, putting me in last place with 1 star to everybody else's two.

On the last turn I landed on a hidden block which was a star but I had far fewer coins than the other player I was tied with. Then that player landed on Bowser space and lose a star, putting me in first.

They won exactly one more minivans then I did and got the first bonus star, but I landed on the most red spaces and got the second bonus star and won.

True elite gaming skills.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Just get a cheater to trade you the stuff you need instead of spending $60 to flip the flag you need to trade with yourself.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

I always the difference between pokermans games was one would have half of the pocketmens and the other game had the other half of the porkrangoons

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dear thread, please don't post like this.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Happy Veterans Day to all the veterans of the console wars!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Any thoughts on Airborne Kingdom? Concept looks neat, and seems like it's another PC port on Switch, but curious if the base game is good and if the Switch port is good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I've completely Skyrimmed myself out over the past ten years. Janky as gently caress, but I still enjoyed the hundreds of hours I put into it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/Phoenotopia/status/1459253849919668230

I'm not gonna buy it because I'm digital all the way but I just want another excuse to mention Phoenotopia Awakening so here I am.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Libluini posted:

I'm looking at this and I'm confused. Is it an RPG or more like Animal Crossing or something?

Phoenotopia: Awakening is probably most similar to Zelda II, with a huge overworld map and tons of dungeons, towns, and secret areas to explore. It's definitely got some Metroidvania/Search Action DNA with how much exploration there can be, and how various upgrades let you find and access new areas to power up.

Combat takes a bit to get used to, your main attack is with a bat and uses stamina to swing, but later you get more damage options and honestly ranged attacks are usually better options. That said, fights are usually pretty solid all around, and there's a bit of Hollow Knight there where you take time to heal so you have to take what opportunities you get. There's also Assist Mode options to make things easier if you want to focus more on the rest of the game.

What really sells the game is its charm. It's just a delightful game all around, with some nice aesthetics, a fantastic OST, and wonderful characters and dialogue all over. Between that and the many, many secrets around (hell, there's a whole sidequest chain focused on finding hidden puzzle dungeons) and it's one of my favorite games to come out in the past few years. A god drat classic, and one that I really wish would get more attention.

Anyway, why let my words do the talking, here's the awesome trailer video and a ton of screenshots/videos I've taken while playing this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7qY3fntoLg

https://twitter.com/m64_ss/status/1337715949588254721

https://twitter.com/m64_ss/status/1338980305856655360

https://twitter.com/m64_ss/status/1337718235102203906

https://twitter.com/m64_ss/status/1339009320923451392

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Please don't insult CJ's crippling addiction to Gamer Fuel, it led to his death by gaming overdose and everyone involved is devastated.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Is Chibi Robo open world?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sudden Javelin posted:

diamond and pearl brought bidoof to the world so from there they can do no wrong

Bidoof so OP it literally got banned from Ubers in competitive Pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwTYu46pUaY

Mega64
May 23, 2008

App's worth it just for remapping L3/R3 to the back paddles instead of the sticks.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Big Brain Academy has a demo up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

What a waste of page 69.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Why are there two alternate Hyrules between LttP and ALBW?

Why is Dark Link a rabbit? Is it a reference to Link's hidden desires?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I thought it was because Link, like rabbits, likes to gently caress.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The United States posted:

Sure but at these prices who cares? Also the sale includes digital download codes for the main Nintendo games - way cheaper than they've ever been on the eShop!

drat, having digital on sale for half off is tempting.

Kinda tempted to give Xenoblade 1 another shot, or maybe Kirby or Paper Mario...

Too many choices. drat you and your many quality games, Nintendo!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

My sister borrowed Dragon Quest XI to "See if she liked it" (she did) and I probably won't see it until around Christmas so I picked up Final Fantasy X/X-2 on sale from Gamestop (And used a $10 coupon so I only paid $10 total for it)

What are things I need to know before I dive in here, things I need to remember for later, just general things that will make my life easier?

Don't bother with X's post-game or the more ridiculous ultimate weapons. Don't try to 100% X-2 on one playthrough.

Otherwise, enjoy!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mega Color Picross for S7 please.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

tensai posted:

The more I play KOTOR, I think I still don't like it. This is likely the 5th time I've played the first 15ish hours of this game and I hate the combat, the equipment, everything.

I'll buy KOTOR2 day 1 if the port it, still, despite disliking it too.

Try playing the opposite side you've been playing, like if you're good then be evil and vice-versa.

I don't have any other good advice, just a hail mary shot more than anything. I like KOTOR1 but that's probably because I'm a goody two-shoes and am pretty much always a good guy in any non-Bethesda game (since Bethesda games don't give a gently caress if you're evil and being a murderous sneakthief killing everyone is the default best way to play Bethesda games).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

Alternatively stop wasting your life playing games that you don't enjoy

Also this. If you don't like a game, move on. The Nintendo Switch has like two thousand games, you'll probably like a couple of them!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Physical and digital both have advantages, go with what works best for your situation.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I play video games to have fun OP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Love the work you keep putting into the thread and OP. Awesome stuff!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

My favorite book is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

BEEDLEJUICE!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I've heard hype about Loop Hero, and I'm always down for roguelites. What stands out about this one?

I mean I'll probably buy it regardless, but just curious.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Was just able to order an OLED from Wal-Mart.com (Link). Supposed to come in on Saturday. Hope it goes through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Switch Thread Game of the Year: All of them.